test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to play "The Dragon's Deceit" without repeating all Kobali Crisis missions.

jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
edited April 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
One of my characters has completed all the missions on Kobali Prime (Kobali Crisis); the final mission "Our Chance for Peace" was the last mission played. The next mission is supposed to be "The Dragon's Deceit", but the option to hail is greyed out. However, the only mission I can hail is "Kobali Crisis Act I" and it cannot be skipped. The hail and skip buttons for Act II and Act III are both greyed out.

--- Update ---
04/28/2017

Still bugged.
Post edited by jaguarskx on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Here's a screenshot that indicates I have recently re-played "Breaking The Wall" and "With Our Last Breath" and it lists "Our Chance For Peace" in the mission simulator which proves that I have already completed "Kolali Crisis Act III".

3ya0p4I.jpg
  • Options
    darkwit#8154 darkwit Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Not just Dragon Deceit - I was on one of the now defunct Delta patrol missions "Know your enemies", and found that not only had that mission reset (so the three patrols I'd previously completed I had to complete again), but when I finished it, the next mission in my episode was Kobali Crisis Act I, which I finished several missions previously.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13202887 other thread labbeled as bug, I wish to have there all possible scenario possible in that regard

P.S. It just MIGHT also affect AoY / account wide Delta arc unlock as well. Adding as I thought about late and for that it would be noticed in relevant posts of self.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Lol i find it beyond mindless why these "old" content missions were rebooted as they are into the storyarc again anyway, who wants to play captains back through this old conntent again anyway?.

When i saw the rewards for these missions i just rolled my eyes, this is either some time sync tactic, or this game is gasping for air.
  • Options
    This is listed to be fixed for today - I hope it will really be so, and appreciate the fix :) Thanks.

Still, I agree with shurk in most things. (My AoY char though will repeat all those quest still for Delta unlock.) The initial change was not only horribly buggy, but also useless and unneeded, only causing hassles in best case.
  • Options
    The patch didn't do anything. I still cannot play "The Dragon's Deceit" even though I have already completed "Kabali Crisis Act III".
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Any 'new' mission that is inserted earlier in the mission-line than you are currently at, will block your future progression until you play that mission.

This happened when the Nimbus III arc was inserted to the game.
    It happened again when the Borg/Undine arcs weres revamped, the Romulan Mystery arc was revamped, and when the Cardassian Struggle was revamped.
    It happened yet again when Yesterday's War was inserted and it's no surprise it's happening now too.

Go back through all your previous mission arcs and either Play or Skip any unplayed missions. If a mission is unskippable, that's usually by design (and quite annoying) and you will need to Play it instead.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Any 'new' mission that is inserted earlier in the mission-line than you are currently at, will block your future progression until you play that mission.

This happened when the Nimbus III arc was inserted to the game.
    It happened again when the Borg/Undine arcs weres revamped, the Romulan Mystery arc was revamped, and when the Cardassian Struggle was revamped.
    It happened yet again when Yesterday's War was inserted and it's no surprise it's happening now too.

Go back through all your previous mission arcs and either Play or Skip any unplayed missions. If a mission is unskippable, that's usually by design (and quite annoying) and you will need to Play it instead.

Without canceling your words at all (those are correct),
    It's sadly more than that. While on 1st char I could redo kobali, on other, which had no issue as you described, I am still stuck. (luckily my other chars don't really "need" to have act i,ii, and iii being completed to continue, or delta line to bereistered completed, it just bugs me.)

but yes, you are right in that it is a requirement.
  • Options

If you are referring to the Yesterday's War story arc, then I have completed all of those missions which is right before The Delta Quadrant story arc.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    If you are referring to the Yesterday's War story arc, then I have completed all of those missions which is right before The Delta Quadrant story arc.
    I think Inferiority meant (in general and also) specifically to having Act I, II newly added Kobali mission wrappers located BEFORE Dragon's Deceit, and being also non skippable, also being blockers for any further Act wrappers and ANY mission AFTER those on the Delta arc.

After you do Act II I think you will be able to do Dragon's Deceit though as the order was changed.
    Do NOT abandon wrapper quests/wrappers just so. Do NOT do the quests in the wrapper more than once before it's done - and better have those done in Order.
    As for Data Recovery from Act I, if you can't get it by any other normal means, and already (re-)did all previous Kobali quests in the wrapper each once in the normal way by order, you can find it in the replay console for Act II).
    As for the temple of my people on Act I before Data Recovery, you need to hail Kim before entering, and better do this quest while not lagging a lot. If bugged (Limbo/bugged instance) beam up, (wait and) hail Kim if not done yet, and you may reenter then after. Don't forget to talk to Kim/General/NPC on field as needed, on the appropriate relevant "talk".
    ActII/III has a minor solvable issue as well. After done with a wrapper and wrapper marked as DONE, interact with J->Episodes->Kobali to deliver the wrapper and if applicable take further Act.

Yes, you have to redo ALL Kobali missions to advance on Delta (unless you already skipped The Dragon's Deceit and got Alliances mission before, etc. Dragon's Deceit is not enough as they changed the order and put it within the Kobali Act "blocking group"). However, if you are an AoY on this state (was at Dragon's Deceit, not hailed yet, and not skipped to take all Delta patrols/quests before) You are VERY likely, if not surely, to have another problem in registering Delta arc as finished after you redid Kobali and do what which is available to you there, this is a patrol wrapper bug report reported by Jforias.

• Options
    dave#9530 dave Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I was in the same bind and finally got it to complete.

To be safe: Go to sector space > Abandon Act1 & regain it from the Episode menu
    Enter & beam down to Kobali
    Only use the General to complete quests - Do Not get new quests from him
    Use the replay console for each quest - start only one at a time
    After Data Recovery, it completed!

I tried a few times before, but used the General to start "The Son" and beyond...seems key not to use him.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    dave#9530 wrote: »
    I was in the same bind and finally got it to complete.

To be safe: Go to sector space > Abandon Act1 & regain it from the Episode menu
    Enter & beam down to Kobali
    Only use the General to complete quests - Do Not get new quests from him
    Use the replay console for each quest - start only one at a time
    After Data Recovery, it completed!

I tried a few times before, but used the General to start "The Son" and beyond...seems key not to use him.

Thank you for those tips! (6 chars left to go, 3 chars done, and still not knowing how to do this safely/totally fail proof, beside taking Data Recovery from the console Act II if can't otherwise, and playing ALL IN ORDER. In my case, it was a replay though.)
    I wish to add though that it's probably also an issue a replay of previous (done?) quests in wrappers after already being further credited in the wrapper (or otherwise playing "out of line" in the wrapper's quest,) while STILL not getting credited for the wrapper itself (or still not delivering it), sorry can't explain well, but do NOT retake already credited quests in wrapper (and do not act out of order in a wrapper) before delivering the wrapper (and taking next as applicable)

My play was a bit different than yours though, I took the wrapper and the quests with it, did all EXACTLY in order trying not to mess up (by out of order or repeated quests. Some dialogue/other interactions might not be clear this way though so your way, if works, is better,) and took Data Recovery AFTER getting credited for The Temple of my People (you MUST hail Kim before entering the instance "The Dragon's Teeth". If bugged/in limbo due to "lag", can beam up). Successfully eventually did for 3 chars this way though struggled a bit with the second one.

In essense I see the Kobali as doable now. (since 27/4)

P.S. To the quoted one - I am unsure the replay console would work for those who have NOT yet done the relevant quests though, just thought about that. I hope those can get the Data Recovery quest somehow (by the general/auto?) or have it initially or have it somehow else even if dropped/dropped Act I, RIGHT AFTER getting credited for The Temple of my People. A drop of a quest/act might happens, and it should not IDEALLY be a blocking scenario (beside a potential lost progress). If it is a blocker for some, it's wrong and got to get fixed in such case.

However, there is still an AoY issue concerns removed PATROLS wrappers though, which are needed for AoY characters for Delta line credit.

P.S. I wish my post would stop keeping getting vanished by edits, though. (yes I am non eloquent but still this auto removal by multiple edits is not right)
  • Options
    Well, I was finally able to play The Dragon's Deceit last night.

I basically accepted the Kobali Crisis Act I wrapper mission, then I played the following missions:
    - The Cavalry
    - The Son
    - The Temple of my People
    - Data Recovery - This is actually part of Act II, but I guess Cryptic screwed up because it is listed as a requirement to complete the Act I wrapper mission.

After doing that I was able to continue playing the other missions in the Delta Quadrant.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for info, I thought you will have to redo at least Act II before you can get to Dragon's Deceit, good to know :)

Though, if you are an AoY you still have a problem, though, in getting Delta line credit (removed patrol wrapper issue, reported by others)
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    5OLcDXi.png
    ^^ Here's the accolade that Temporal Recruits cannot complete now, and therefore cannot claim the Delta Quadrant reward box.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    P.S. To the quoted one - I am unsure the replay console would work for those who have NOT yet done the relevant quests though, just thought about that. I hope those can get the Data Recovery quest somehow (by the general/auto?) or have it initially or have it somehow else even if dropped/dropped Act I, RIGHT AFTER getting credited for The Temple of my People. A drop of a quest/act might happens, and it should not IDEALLY be a blocking scenario (beside a potential lost progress). If it is a blocker for some, it's wrong and got to get fixed in such case.

I began the entire Episode for the first time on my account on April 26th. Kobali Act 1 sat in my logs the entire time I was on Kobali completing the entire line. Kobali Act 1 was in my mission log showing two listings for The Cav/Son/Tem and one for Data. When I had finished Our Last Chance For Peace: Kobali Act 1 was still in my logs with one of the The Cav/Son/Tem being left to do & Data Recovery not being done. When I redid them via the Replay Console, the Act list didn't update. When I abandoned the Act and regained it in the Episode menu, only The Cavalry appeared....I did everything via the general a few times in a row before giving up and contacting support...after they didn't help too much (but replied promptly at least)....I decided to try again with the steps I listed, assuming the General has a programming error in quest giving, and bingo, it worked!

There's a chance the bug resides in the acceptance or completion of Data Recovery too...it lets you play on, but doesn't update the Act quest properly.

All in all...it's doable! Just a bit frustrating that the quest npc's aren't working as they should...at least the Replay Console will.
    Post edited by dave#9530 on
  • Options
    In the few times I did the quest line all over again (never, ever again!!!): I noticed the general would give the 3 TheX quests on the first time I talked to him...if I closed the window and talked to him, I couldn't pickup any of the quests...the Replay Console allowed me to tho, which is what got me thinking about using it
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    After thinking on it for a few mins...I don't have an alternate character yet to attempt Kobali again...but if you do...see if The General gives you all 3 quests while talking to him after beam down...or only The Cavalry...I'm wondering if we all got screwed because he offers all 3 quests rather than one at a time. BTW last night (this morning) I meant The Cavalry, not The Son =P
  • Options
    All my chars did Kobali before session 13 so can't check "1st time", however something is not consistent, this is obvious. It seems doable (at least for replays I mean)

What I can say, is, I noticed a peculiarity and a difficulty and probably an inconsistency in how Data Recovery is accepted. Or how things handle when some things are abandoned. It is needed also in Act I but could be accepted in Act II (if used console). I do think when you abandon you have to retake the quest one by one if not have those taken already. It's not something I can test now though, or suggest others to test as it might cause issues with their chars?

I did notice some severe issue - say you had "The Temple of my People" done and registered as done on Act I wraper, which is not registered done by itself yet. If you talk to the general again, he might suggest you Cavalry and the Son (no idea if other) if out of the 30 minutes cool down. If you take (and / or start those, unsure if start is requiring) you will lose previous progress on the wrapper, it seems. And all will start from the begining. (Doable again though at least for quests which were done before) Don't do this.

I now think such things (which might cause issues on playing if tested) devs need to test, not players who might ruin their chars :)
    Thanks

P.S.
    Anytime they mess in adventure zone <-> line (both directions), or quest list in line(s), problems can occur. and up to now always did. Just stop messing with the lines / zones, please :) It worked better before...
  • Options
    pvtnum11pvtnum11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have been stuck on this stupid Kobali ground mission garbage for weeks. On the plus side, I have plenty of Delta reputation marks. On the downside, I've dropped and retried Kobali Crisis Act I something like six times.

Just make it skippable already.
  • Options
    Pvtnum11 - Please do the below steps and let us know what happens:
    1. Go to sector space
    2. In the mission window:
    2a. Open the "In Progress" Tab & Abandon Act1
    2b. Open the "Episodes" Tab (not "Available" tab) > Click Delta episode > Scroll down to Act 1 & Hail/Accept it
    2c. If it offers any of the required quests after accepting: Click Exit - do not accept any!
    2d. Check the "In Progress" tab: Act 1 should only list The Cavalry being required to do.
    3. Enter the system & beam down to Kobali
    4a. Use the Replay Console outside the General's hut to get the required quest - only one at a time.
    4b. When interacting with The General: Only complete quests & Do Not get the next/new quest from him
    4c. Always go back to the replay console (Data Recovery is in Act 2 when you reach it)

Data recovery should complete properly if you follow the above steps and Act1 will properly complete.

After I did the above: I was able to skip every remaining mission in the Episode, and then skip every Iconian episode so I could play Delta Flight right away for its reward.

Let us know what happens, thanks!
  • Options
    talios#0588 talios Member Posts: 2 New User
    it worked!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    talios#0588 talios Member Posts: 2 New User
    1. Go to sector space
    2. In the mission window:
    2a. Open the "In Progress" Tab & Abandon Act1
    2b. Open the "Episodes" Tab (not "Available" tab) > Click Delta episode > Scroll down to Act 1 & Hail/Accept it
    2c. If it offers any of the required quests after accepting: Click Exit - do not accept any!
    2d. Check the "In Progress" tab: Act 1 should only list The Cavalry being required to do.
    3. Enter the system & beam down to Kobali
    4a. Use the Replay Console outside the General's hut to get the required quest - only one at a time.
    4b. When interacting with The General: Only complete quests & Do Not get the next/new quest from him
    4c. Always go back to the replay console (Data Recovery is in Act 2 when you reach it)
  • Options
    lonnie5000lonnie5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    kobali crisis act 1 is bugged. I beam down talk to the general and he says thanks for the help and thats it. so what now? I can't skip the goddamn thing and i can't move on. this is completely frustrating. why can't i skip these missions. i absolutely hate the kobali and all associated missions.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    lonnie5000 wrote: »
    kobali crisis act 1 is bugged. I beam down talk to the general and he says thanks for the help and thats it. so what now? I can't skip the goddamn thing and i can't move on. this is completely frustrating. why can't i skip these missions. i absolutely hate the kobali and all associated missions.

@lonnie5000
    BESIDE what talios and others said above, (If you can't use the replay console then probably talios' way can't help you by itself though, and in 1st play I can't tell you to abandon any quests as unsure you can retake those by console, but either way be careful to make missions by order)

I think you have a different issue. The General, (or Kim) or the other camp's NPC may have another green (or just open talking) dialogue option. Which may advance or start a quest/an event related to the quest you are in, e.g. near the city gate. In your case, I think it's the general and I think you need to interact with the general and trigger an event near city's gate, by saying to the general you have done all.

Either way, do things in order, do not retake quests which you just did on the same act if the act wrapper was not completed and delivered yet, see quest's wordings and you may have to interact with things in a specific way and complete tasks. Sometimes you have to walk to next point for the quest.

Some general notes:
    Order may matter, please don't retake quests which were registered as completed before delivering the act wrapper.
    The temple of my people: be sure to talk to NPC in town as applicable. such as Kim. after making all tasks and standing near the temple, wait a bit then HAIL KIM before you enter.
    Data Recovery is a messed up mission, I hope talios' way helps though. (It's needed to complete act I but might be listed in act II)

• Options
    lonnie5000lonnie5000 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    @rndflactuation

Ok after painstaking attempts I finally was able to get through these god awful quests. I mean wow. you have to basically complete these in order and never leave the planet until they are done. I left in the middle of act i, went to earth space dock to do some things, came back and had to start over. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! what a pain. done now. thanks for the guidance. :)