nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Please note, we've added two Known Issues to the patch notes:
    • PVP is temporarily disabled.

Oh my...
    Why this?
  • Options
    josemialotjosemialot Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Lol, the PVP "season" where they disable the PVP..

LOL cryptic..
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    josemialot wrote: »

LOL cryptic..

There's PVP in STO? :o Shocking!

B)
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    josemialot wrote: »

LOL cryptic..

it's a new feature! And it's working as intended! ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Someone in tribble reported that hangar pets still don't respond properly to commands. All the neat buffs to them kind of defeats the purpose if their basic controls or ability to keep up with your ship simply do not work still.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    rollpvpsafe.jpg

O4t5f7D.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    rollpvpsafe.jpg

at least it's no longer unbalanced it's just un... here !
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Glad I just got a free trial run for Elder Scroll Online - STO looks like a once a month visit, and only for fleet related events. I have a very very bad feeling about this nerf from hell.

ESO is looking pretty good right about now.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    Glad I just got a free trial run for Elder Scroll Online - STO looks like a once a month visit, and only for fleet related events. I have a very very bad feeling about this nerf from hell.

Im at the point now i only log in for the new FE run it a couple times then log till the next event , so todays the new fe will play it then log and wait for either a new FE or the summer event.
  • Options
    racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    You guys said:

The goals boil down to these:

Increase the fun – Games are about having fun, and players should not be made to feel that their fun is “wrong.”
    -I feel like you just snubbed a lot of us and said "you are all playing wrong". Also not fun.

Player investment retains value – While things need to be adjusted, a setup that was optimized before should still be useful and effective afterwards.
    -Lots of my investment went down the drain, dilithium, zen and real money, plus my TIME.

Choices should be meaningful – Anywhere the game gives you a choice, there should be no choice that you always take nor one you never take.
    -Yet some of the changes were meaningless, there are many things that remain worthless and stinky.

Lots of feedback that got ignored, sound reliable feedback from community members over at Reddit made sensible notes, some of them got taken into consideration, changes were made on Tribble that reflected this, yet now we see those got ignored once more!

You know, if what you (Cryptic) want is to displease everyone in one way or another or just get even with us just be honest and say it. Say we suck and that you hate us, do not insinuate it. We are not stupid, we can read between the lines.
  • Options
    The Dead Sea is the saltiest place on Earth.

Next to this thread.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »

Their forums are in bigger "OMG NERF" Meltdown Mode than these ones. The big Morrowind expansion is coming, and bringing a huge "rebalance".... which the Super Pro Players are panicking about. Forum is wall-to-wall hyperbolic outrage.

Kind of hilarious to watch, actually. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    let's have some nice PVP : Borg Advanced Tal Shiar VS Ferengi Fleet

battle_rb2222233.png

battle_rb22222.png
    Post edited by doyouw on
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG

cube.jpg
  • Options
    arczer25arczer25 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Omega Kinetic Shearing's damage is now only 10% of the pre-resistance damage of the projectile impact that triggered it.
    -Torpedo builds really needed nerfing? or there will be other options to get good shield penetrating damage on projectiles non limited to command ability concentrate firepower.

Transfer Shield Strength: The amount of Shield Healing has been decreased slightly.
    -it really needed nerf? even III rank on 130 auxiliary along with points in shield restoration it isn't anything special
  • Options
    josemialotjosemialot Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Is funny, I was making the effort so my PVP friend try the STO again, but thanks cryptic, you save a lot of hard disck space for us.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Can we talk about this for a minute?
    Removed the Kobali Adventure Zone missions from the mission journal and replaced them with three wrapper missions titled Kobali Crisis Act I, II, and III which contain the removed missions.
    Delta Patrols are no longer required for mission progression but do remain in game.

Oh thank you sweet baby Jesus in his itchy manger... DQ is not gonna be as long of a slog anymore.

Though I do have a question: For those of use with AoY characters (not just 23c characters) who have yet to do the DQ story arc, is this change going to affect the rewards gained from the Temporal Transponder for completing the story arc?

Experience requirements from levels 50-60 have been significantly lowered.

YES!!!!!!
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Someone in tribble reported that hangar pets still don't respond properly to commands. All the neat buffs to them kind of defeats the purpose if their basic controls or ability to keep up with your ship simply do not work still.
    That the least of the problems. Hanger pets fade away as you move from area to area in the same mission. Kind of makes them a bit useless when they despawn all the time losing all the ranks and damage they built up.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Added a Heavy Weapon slot to qualifying Tier 6, Tier 5, and Tier 5-U Starships.

When did this happen? I thought that the Heavy Weapons slot was going to be T6 exclusive. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy this is going to be allowed on T5-U's as I love flying my Steamrunner and Risian corvette.

Unless this is a typo, then I'll be disappointed.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    iamynaught wrote: »

When did this happen? I thought that the Heavy Weapons slot was going to be T6 exclusive. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy this is going to be allowed on T5-U's as I love flying my Steamrunner and Risian corvette.

That'd be the dev blog about the T6 Catscorts. They got it first, the other ships would have heavy weapon slots later. Not unlike the Command Auras hitting the Command Battlecruisers first and every other cruiser later.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    iamynaught wrote: »

That'd be the dev blog about the T6 Catscorts. They got it first, the other ships would have heavy weapon slots later. Not unlike the Command Auras hitting the Command Battlecruisers first and every other cruiser later.​​

I remember the blog said that sometime after release other ships would get the slot. But it was that it was so specific on what ships would get it later...
    However, in an upcoming release, many starships will be receiving this Heavy Weapons Slot. Tier 6 Raiders and all Tier 6 starships with a Tactical Commander seat, 7 weapons and 1 or fewer Hangar Bays will receive a Heavy Weapons Slot and access to a basic upgradeable Heavy Weapon.

There is no mention of T5 or T5-U. Since the rest of the qualifiers are so specific, I figured that the T6 description was specific as well.

Like I said, I'm glad that T5-U's are included. This is not a complaint, I just want to be sure I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    I find it hilarious people keep screaming SCIENCE NERF! when the changes to aux power formula calculations have given most tribble testers a buff to science skills and damage, and this has been known forever.

Never seem to be let down by how utterly ignorant the STO community can be.

Leave it to the ardent fans of a franchise founded on the virtues of tolerance, a willingness to be open-minded in the face of uncertainty, a hesitance to be afraid of the unknown, an instinct to look for answers to the most troubling questions in life, and an adamant refusal to fall prey to fearmongering and paranoia seeded in the garden of ignorance.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    orphtrekorphtrek Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I dont understand the whole fuss here and the threats to leave the game.

For myself, I almost quit already a few months ago, as I could not think of any new builds and playstyles any more. Tryed all classes, ship types and build types I coulf think of - STO was done.

Now with all these changes I finally have something again to wrap my mind arround. Try new skills/bilds, optimize the toons again, work on new, different equipment.

So this brings me back to STO.
    I actually do not care about DPS-numbers, as long as it feels right.
  • Options
    opsjoyopsjoy Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I find it hilarious people keep screaming SCIENCE NERF! when the changes to aux power formula calculations have given most tribble testers a buff to science skills and damage, and this has been known forever.

I was a little surprised myself... everything I heard until now was that science is safe.
    [System] "GetCritterDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterDescriptionByID <int> <int>
    [System] "GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID <int> <int>

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

I think you're not up to date, there were several patches. The first resulted in a net damage buff which was not the intention, but eventually, they did reduce the DPS compared to the Holodeck values.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Oh bloody hell, one heck of a patch.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Hmmm.... I might switch out of my torpedo ship that one of my science captain have in favor of the more traditional energy weapon / torpedo build after this nerf... umm... I mean patch.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User

You've missed a few updates on Tribble then.

The first round of changes lowered Science damage, but changed the formula for the new Aux scaling. Crypticspartan admitted it was an error, because the design philosophy was to reduce science damage. Over the course of two additional balance passes, all Science powers but Tyken's Rift were "adjusted" for "over performance".

If you have the Scattering Field buff active, your science magic should be roughly the same as it was before the patch. Without Scattering Field, your science magic damage should be 20%-30% lower.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

Leave it to the ardent fans of a franchise founded on the virtues of tolerance, a willingness to be open-minded in the face of uncertainty, a hesitance to be afraid of the unknown, an instinct to look for answers to the most troubling questions in life, and an adamant refusal to fall prey to fearmongering and paranoia seeded in the garden of ignorance.​​

dYPqr6p.gif

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

This discussion has been closed.