test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So...who all heads to the Captains table before a new season launches

cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
I always do, because normally the captains table is an empty map, so not much lag, And i'll admit it's lifetime and vet only, But it being empty helps it load faster and literally everything is there (bank, exchange, tailor, ship repair guy...etc.)

So, for the past 2 seasons, i've parked my main at the Captain's table, And i've always been able to start off a new season relatively easy for it. Plus, if it got more traffic maybe they'd consider some change to it

It'd also help people who've contributed to the game down the subscription path find each other, Granted everyone supports the game in their own way, even just logging in contributes to the metadata, But this lets people people who've financially helped support the game with subs find each other, and as such maybe the table should see more traffic
The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,157 Arc User
    Until seeing the title I forgot that place exists.
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I still cannot think of reason to go there, once was enough.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The only way people would go there is if a Transwarp to Captain's Table ability is added. That would serve the same use as the Transwarp to Fleet Starbase ability for players that don't belong to a fleet. Transwarp to the Captain's Table, do your Starbase business, and end up at your original location instead of travelling all the way from ESD or Qo'noS to your original location.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    The only way people would go there is if a Transwarp to Captain's Table ability is added. That would serve the same use as the Transwarp to Fleet Starbase ability for players that don't belong to a fleet. Transwarp to the Captain's Table, do your Starbase business, and end up at your original location instead of travelling all the way from ESD or Qo'noS to your original location.

That and give the captain's table all the NPC's and functionalities ESD, First City, and NR Command have. Don't remember exactly but I think it had some essential things missing. Can't say for sure because I haven't set foot on it for years.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited April 2017

SO MUCH THIS ^

...and then they could finally get rid of those obnoxious 'gas bags' floating in orbit over Earth and Qo'nos too.
    Post edited by captainhunter1 on
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator

.and then they could finally get rid of those obnoxious 'gas bags' floting in orbit over Earth and Qo'nos too.

I think I read somewhere that they were going to eventually replace the nebula cloud with a door in ESD, and probably equivalent doors on Qo'nos and New Romulus.

But seeing as I'm not a lifer... what do I know about a semi redundant social hub that doesn't offer anything that you can't get at ESD or any other hub?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    The Captain's Table offers two things you can't get at other hubs: quiet, and useful consoles in close proximity to each other. Bank, vendor, and exchange are extremely close together. There's a tailor. It just needs ship sales, ship mod, and a security officer. I suppose that one could draw a parallel to Starbase 39 Sierra, though, which is also pretty quiet--but almost all the good stuff is too far away from the transporter room.

boldly-watched.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    The Captain's Table offers two things you can't get at other hubs: quiet, and useful consoles in close proximity to each other. Bank, vendor, and exchange are extremely close together. There's a tailor. It just needs ship sales, ship mod, and a security officer. I suppose that one could draw a parallel to Starbase 39 Sierra, though, which is also pretty quiet--but almost all the good stuff is too far away from the transporter room.

K7 would be better IMO. Although ground vendor and Tailor are on the opposite side of the station, you still have access to ship selector, bank, exchange, and a vendor in close proximity to each other. And its also relatively quiet.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User

... which doesn't count against your TW cooldown preferrably. Go there any time you like, no consequences.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries