test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Artisanal Sonification System is Here

Comments

• Options
    georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I LOVE IT! <3<3 Please apply that every year!! :)
  • Options
    renegadeonlinerenegadeonline Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I hope they keep this. Indefinitely.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Okay this was fun, and it was wise to make optional - but could we get a 'behind the scenes' video for this on Monday? :D
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    danielarjona78danielarjona78 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    chipito1 wrote: »
    >:)>:)>:)
    Now I understand why the game is not repaired.
    It's more important to do these ****
    Meanwhile all the ships that separate the saucers are broken
    New romulus does not work
    And still more
    But not that not
    Well, congratulations on not doing anything productive
    :'(:'(:'(

You realise the people who work on the audio for STO almost certainly have nothing to do with any of these gameplay bugs?

Its like complaining that the IT guys in your company had a party, when they should have been fixing the elevators. Its just not their area.

It's a very weak excuse, how do you think you should think a lot of people who want to enjoy the game as you see they follow the same bugs again and again without making an arrangement ?, you must think that cryptic is laughing in their faces with these "Silly Sounds".
    aralleida_228x144.jpg
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    as april fools jokes ar this one is ..lame

Now a good april fools joke wouldve been to tell everyone the game is going to end , then let them off the hook with an aprils fools

or tell people BFaW is going to be removed wait a couple hours for the forum fires to rage then tell them aprils fools lol

Nice attempt though
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    sotsogm wrote: »
    I'm in love with your A.S.S.!

You folks are the best, thank you for making my Saturday morning!

Seeing how it's Arti's, I see what you did there. It does say that by initials as well as Arti's (next letters) Audio
  • Options
    redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Loved this artisan sonification system video. It really captures the sound of April the 1st.

Superb
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Seriously, what? You're wasting your time and our money on this? April Fools joke failed.

No, it was not ethically sourced. 500 baby seals were clubbed to death with ivory bats to make it. I then used the skin to upholster my 76 Eldorado.
  • Options
    njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    We need more time to hear all the "truer and more harmonious" sounds. Also did you guys have to get hammered to create them or does that come naturally?
  • Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Oh please let us keep this as an option. The f a r t coming oit of transwarp LOL
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    April fools joke = fail

Because that's some funny sh&%, just ran a Tholian RA and haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Now, if you were to say it was going to be a permanent option, and then turn around and get rid of it, that would be a good April fools joke.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    sotsogm wrote: »
    I'm in love with your A.S.S.!

You folks are the best, thank you for making my Saturday morning!

Ditto, guys, this is fantastic Saturday morning fun. My wife hears me laughing and she thinks I've lost my mind over here. Worth it. :smiley:

btw - You missed one perfect opportunity. I put my ship into reverse and guess what happened. Nothing. No sound.
    Where's the truck backing up * beep * beep * beep * beep * sound?
    :: shakes head in disappointment ::
    You really dropped the ball here, guys. I expect better than that from you.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Okay this was fun, and it was wise to make optional - but could we get a 'behind the scenes' video for this on Monday? :D

^^This.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    dragunfyrdragunfyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Please keep the Artisanal Sonification System as an option!!!! It's awesome!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Eu44IrT.jpg
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    oh man, love the sounds, at first I watched the video, them look around in settings for it, then I saw it on the hud, clicked it a few times and off I went to do assignments and other runs, loved them. :+1: Wife says I dead if she hears them in her sleep, Hope Im back tomorrow, lol
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    necreliosis#4763 necreliosis Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Always wondered what the Dev's were smoking. Guess now I know :tongue: .
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I hate to be a killjoy but I have to ask

Was the healing railgun really an accident and if not, why the heck didn't you add this with the regular maintenence instead of an 'emergency' update that severely screwed up my usual scheduled playtime of sto (and no doubt others from European type locations)

I'm all for a joke (and its a good one if you isolate it), but if it turns out you guys deliberately forced an emergency maintenence just for this joke, especially as its during a time limited event that has obliterated my plan to stagger my alts so they all get the first contact pack (and doubtless others)

Well, thats a joke in poor taste.
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    This was good. But I still think changing the music in Club 47 to the Cantina Band from star wars would be better. But I get it...copyright issues etc.
  • Options
    summonerdeltasummonerdelta Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Kablooie! Explosion! Man, this was a blast!
  • Options
    sierra078 wrote: »
    This was good. But I still think changing the music in Club 47 to the Cantina Band from star wars would be better. But I get it...copyright issues etc.

Star Trek has it's own "cantina music."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnBwmmYbo9o
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    I hate to be a killjoy but I have to ask

Was the healing railgun really an accident and if not, why the heck didn't you add this with the regular maintenence instead of an 'emergency' update that severely screwed up my usual scheduled playtime of sto (and no doubt others from European type locations)
    Because it appeared after the regular maintenance and they wanted to fix it ASAP since it's a brand new addition and thus having a brand new addition so broken gives a bad taste already, perhaps?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Example for anyone who cannot access the game today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lwK2CCPSeg
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    We've made some changes to the in game audio, Captains. They're not just going to change the game. They'll change your life.

Full details here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10453933

Ho G back to bug's bunny & co
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Thing was though...did you see the size of the railgun fix patch? Theres no way changing a single value would take 600mb so I have to ask -why- the april fools patch was not added at regular maintenence when the healing railgun was an unknown factor until post maintenence?

Logically ( I'm donning the vulcan ears) the april fools patch would have been added at maintenence rather than with the railgun fix - the only logical conclusion was either a) we were going to get a patch today or b) the railgun was deliberately broken (or at least reported to be broken) so as to allow an upload for the A.S.S

In which case for a joke, they ruined almost a half a day of my playtime (I had six hours, the maintenence ending just as I had to go offline) which rather ruins the joke for me.
  • Options
    ensignrandensignrand Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    FREEEEEM! :)
    Remember, getting mad at me and taking it out on your keyboard.... just means you need a new keyboard ;)
  • Options
    fu11ofstarsfu11ofstars Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    This is terrible. The fact that I do not have developers in the room where I'm playing making these sounds in person is, well, what else can I say? A total slap in the face. Someone should be saying "zoooooom" for the entire duration of my slipstream IN MY EAR. And I should be able to send one of you to get me coffee whenever I want. What kind of game are you all running?

Seriously, this is absolutely hilarious and a lot of fun. Thank you very, very much.​​
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I just figured out another sound that was missing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ilm8PEJlQ
    No door shushing.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Wonderful, truly inspired! Bravi!

Please keep it as a permanent option (as someone else suggested earlier, put a toggle under the Audio tab in options, so you don't confuse newbies with a HUD button.

A couple of tweaks:

1) Destabilized plasma torpedo firing sound - Marvin the Martian saying, "Where's the Kaboom? There's supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" Then when it explodes...Kaboom.

2) Replace First Contact Day event music with Yakety Sax. (Seriously, have you SEEN the PC's running for parts?)

3) Remove the option to shift engines into reverse, and when the Player attempts it, instead engage forward Full Impulse and play the clip from Star Trekkin': "Boldly going forward, 'cause we can't find reverse!"

Again, though, GREAT job on this! Romulan Ale for everybody!

[EDIT: Whoever recorded the computer console sound "Bor" (was that Borticus?) wins the game. I like the "Pings" (and good pitches, BTW! I've caught at least two different ones...in fact, they just played at the same time, and are in harmony), but "Bor" cracks me up every time!]
    Post edited by vorwoda on
This discussion has been closed.