test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new tv show Star Trek Discovery should be in STO?

124»

Comments

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    The series will be canceled before we know it, it's already running into all kinds of production troubles. The timeperiod in which it takes places is to awkward & the feel is more JJ Abrams alt universe than anything prime.

Cryptic will eventually get its hands on the rights and try to milk it's content, whatever that may be - And yes it is going to have to resort to time travel plot again, and again.

CBS need to make a new series in the prime universe AFTER Voyager. However; Star Trek is dead on prime time television.
    ST: D is running into WAY LESS issues then ST:TNG had in 1986. Also, with the Netflix distribution deal, the production cost of the series is practically paid for upfront already. As long as it gets new subs for CBS All Access; I doubt it'll be cancelled in short order, but we'll see.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    akpa wrote: »
    I know is a long shot since the release date for the new series hasn't been anounced yet, but i was wonderig if we are going to see some of their new things into the game. Maybe like the Defiance show where you could win in game items from watching the show and entering the code from the screen?
    In this way maybe we can see new fans into the game if te show is going to be a hit, and i hope it will:D

I made this post more because im so on the hype train of this show and im sorry if im a lost cause:))

What do you guys think? is a good idea or a very bad idea? and why?

Rather see this and stuff from the animated series then KT stuff!
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    While I do see Cryptic adding DIS ships into STO, I don't really see too many missions being added that are based on it.

Cryptic has said in the past that(at least before AoY came out) the reason why there isn't much ENT or TOS themed content in STO is because the events of those shows happened so far in the past that any consequences of them would have logically played ago a century ago. Which is why they used time travel as a major plot point in AOY, and used AOY to broadly cover both ENT and TOS at the same time.

Anything DIS does would just lead to the state of the galaxy as we see in TOS, which in turn just lead to the state of the galaxy we see in TNG/DS9/VOY, which means the things in it have already played out.

This is even more likely to be the case because, IIRC, its been mentioned several times that DIS will deal with an event that had been mentioned previously in Trek lore, but never seen. Since it is a canon event already, and we already know how it effects the galaxy, it means there would be very little to build off of for STO's timeframe outside name dropping that the DIS was there or w/e.

I hope is the Romulan War, that would be fun

I think that due to it's era being fairly close to TOS it would be the Four Year war with the Klingons.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    defiance tv show and it's online game ran parallel. hope we can see here the same too. story wise...
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    defiance tv show and it's online game ran parallel. hope we can see here the same too. story wise...

Except that Defiance ran both the TV show and MMO in the same year. If I remember correctly, the TV show was set in St. Louis and the MMO was in the West Coast. Extremely difficult for STO and Discovery to run in parallel with the interaction that the Defiance MMO and TV show had with each other especially when STO is set about 150 years after Discovery. It would have to be done with Star Trek Online 2.0 and some future TV series to get the same effect as Defiance.
  • Options
    seeroneseerone Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I hate "klingon ship sarcophagus", but if they add her in STO.
    I will buy, yes
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    seerone wrote: »
    I hate "klingon ship sarcophagus", but if they add her in STO.
    I will buy, yes

Is it the look or calling it a Klingon ship? IMO, it is a cool looking ship, but it is not a Klingon ship.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone says. The correct acronym will forever be TRIBBLE.

:D

ROFL!!

tuning into CBS all access will give you TRIBBLE lololool
  • Options
    seeroneseerone Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @starkaos said:
    > seerone wrote: »
    >
    > I hate "klingon ship sarcophagus", but if they add her in STO.
    > I will buy, yes
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is it the look or calling it a Klingon ship? IMO, it is a cool looking ship, but it is not a Klingon ship.

No and no, but if CBS decide that she is a klingon ship then she is and we can nothing to do with it.