test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pilot Maneuvers causes Damage Immunty Lockout

neonchillineonchilli Member Posts: 35 Arc User
As the title states, using pilot maneuvers only available to pilot ships begins the 15 second damage immunity lockout. I'm not sure if this was intended but that would be a blow to pilot ships if it is.

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    yes, it would...especially since i frequently use the maneuvers for their PRIMARY purpose - that being the afterburner effect - and not for the immunity, which doesn't last long enough to be of use anyway​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    They should trigger the damage immunity lockout, but as far as I understand, they don't lockout using the PIlot maneuver again after its usual cooldown. You just don't get the immunity then, but you can still whirl around as usual.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • neonchillineonchilli Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Yeah it's ok, I was just wondering if that was intended, still get +1000% defense on top of existing defense bonus so it's no problem really.
    edited March 2017
    only problem is that hit chance is hardcapped at 25%...so past a certain point, extra defense is worthless

in PvE, anyway - in PvP you can never have too much defense​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    any NPC that has that much accuracy that they are constantly hitting you, FBP is still a better choice rather than more defense, even in its nerfed state

unless you are using reciprocity, which requires you to be shot at and missed for it to work​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Personally I don't think pilot maneuvers should grant both +1000% defense and damage immunity, especially when there will be times pilot maneuvers begins the 15 sec damage immunity lockout when you may not want it to.
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Feels more fun already doesn't it?
    This is not adding more fun to the game, lockouts are awful.
    Each skill thrusters or traits already come with their own cooldowns and now we need an extra one for all of them for some reason.
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Instead of lockouts, can ALL immunity and back from the dead cheese (excluding taking you with me, but only because you actually die after it expires) just be removed and replaced by uber defense and/or uber bonus resist buffs?

Immunity is just plain silly, and the fact that a lockout was deemed necessary in the first place just proves that someone, somewhere on the dev team is at least leaning that way.

While you're at it, can you consider having another look at Continuity + Temporal Adaptaion I+II? Level II ought not to completely remove the adjustment period debuff. I can't count the number of times it's made it so that I win instead of the guy that was supposed to have just killed me. It's cool that we can all have a lesser tippler, but I feel that 25sec, 15sec, 5-10sec seems like a fair scale for the debuff to me. But then you migh need to look at GDF and some other stuff again....
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
    Yeah I think there was too much immunity, way too much tbh. I like PvP but when you can have around 43 seconds of every minute in immunity, it's just silly.

Take away immunity from pilot maneuvers, the +1000 defense is enough.
    defense is still useless...convert it to dodge - since that IS technically what you're doing when you hit those afterburners in a fight​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Even if just at the psychological level, if Dodge amounts to the same thing as Immunity, it's still better.

"So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
    well, dodge on the ground cuts all damage in half when a roll successfully triggers; i believe it works the same way in space​​

#LegalizeAwoo