test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - MARCH 15, 2017

Comments

• Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    "Powers that are intended to affect Exotic Damage abilities will now more consistently work with all exotic damage abilities"

Chronometric Energy Converter doesnt boost the exotic damage for Temporal Fracture and Deflector Overcharge doesnt boost the exotic damage for Temporal Fracture either so thats a no and no that it is working as it should

Temporal Fracture was not being treated as an Exotic Damage ability at all. That will be fixed in a patch soon.
    huijian wrote: »
    primar13 wrote: »
    Deflector Overcharge is not on there

Respec is probably required. :)

ABSOLUTELY, skill respec will be a must

Yes, players should get a free retrain when this change goes live.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    •All holds now give their target hold resistance for a short duration when they end.
    •All disables now give their target hold[??] resistance for a short duration when they end.

I think the second item is supposed to say disable resistance. Maybe.

Can you please clarify what hold and disable "Resistance" actually does? I think it reduced the duration of the next one you're subject to, but I'm not sure. Can we also get info on the amount/magnitude of resistance?
  • Options
    snipey47a wrote: »
    Hi Spartan,

It wasn't in the patch notes so it may be unintentional but the Plasmonic Leech tooltip has changed and it appears there has been a changed to the drain to foe and benefit to self.

See attached:

rJrNhJT.jpg

If I recall correctly, a drain stat as display currently on Holodeck will get you about 3.0 drain and benefit to self per stack. However, as you can see the drain to foe is much lower and the benefit to self is only 0.75. Also, no matter how high we scale up Drain X (up to 650), the benefit to self doesn't change.

Can you please clarify the situation for Plasmonic Leech?

Thank you for your time

Thank you for pointing this out.

Here is the change notes that should have been listed:
    Plasmonic Leech:
    • The self-buff from this power has had its amount reduced and no longer scales
    • The drain inflicted on the target has been decreased
    • Resolved an issue that caused targets to excessively resist the drain
    • Updated description to be more accurate.
    The targeted drain should be as effective before the patch as it was before due to the odd nature of how it was being resisted.
    The self-buff is very noticeably down and intentional.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    antep01 wrote: »
    Yeah Cool thx another nerf for all Sci Players :/

Gravity Well:

The damage dealt has been decreased
    Now has a target cap of 25 targets

Subspace Vortex:

What do you think the cap was before?

And what could possibly make you think Tac and Engi captains/players weren't using those skills?
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    • Powers that increase your ability to ignore a percentage of a target's shields have been re-built to be cheaper on the server, address an issue where the shield penetration debuff would stack on the target for a short duration, and more consistently work properly, including with destructible projectiles as relevant

Uhhh, WHAT!? What does that even mean!? English developers, do you speak it!?

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2017

Subject to change, here are your Deflector Overcharge stats:
    • 30/40/50 Drain Expertise for 30 seconds
    • 30/40/50 Control Expertise for 30 seconds
    • 30/40/50% Bonus Exotic Damage for 30 seconds
    • 30/40/50% Bonus Outgoing Shield Healing for 30 seconds

What, no % increase to the first two, just a flat point boost? Heck, even control has at least one % boost in the game as a trait. Exotic has multiple ones. Shield heal has multiple ones. Playing favorites?

By the way, stealth nerf to plasminic leech. Why?

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    I'm not sure I like the idea of a reduction in Gravity well damage, is this because of performance with tactical captains or with science captains? If this is due to top end numbers with tactical captains then I'd have to reiterate what non-tactical captains have been saying for years, please remove (or reduce) Attack Pattern Alpha's ability to affect science bridge officer powers to be more in line with what science and engineering captains are capable of producing. That said though, the target cap is rather amusing.

Also, the FBP nerf, why? I get arranging things such that it deals the same damage type that is dealt to it but why cap it? Weapon damage doesn't have a cap, why should FBP users be penalised where other builds aren't?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    The cycle during which cannon weapons actively fire is now 5 seconds, up from 3
    •The damage cannon weapons do with each shot has been adjusted to account for the changes made to their firing cycles

Bye-bye, Protonic Kool-Aid down-the-drain builds. Only about one player in a thousand knew you even existed, but you were fun while it lasted :).

A small nerf to cannon/turret builds (12 chances to proc per minute, down from 20), but quite livable.
  • Options
    By the way, plasmonic leech was nerfed once in the far past from unlimited stacking. Frankly, with that power boost nerf, it's pretty much garbage except for a drain captain like me, but that nerf is extemely cruel. You just made most of the player base's investments in [Drain] consoles completely worthless.

I'm still not happy with GW and the vortex damage nerf at all by the way.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Gravity Well:

Subspace Vortex:

Tractor Beam Repulsors

Not Cool.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    hajmyishajmyis Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    By the way, plasmonic leech was nerfed once in the far past from unlimited stacking. Frankly, with that power boost nerf, it's pretty much garbage except for a drain captain like me, but that nerf is extemely cruel. You just made most of the player base's investments in [Drain] consoles completely worthless.

Like you said its a console for drainers, thus this fix for the leech is very welcome and needed. if you what the full power of the leech then be a drainer.

"Frankly, not sure why you're on a one man nerf campaign. "
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Nadion Inversion:
    •The reduction to the weapons power drain of firing energy weapons has been significantly increased

Please don't do that. Actual numbers like the people on the test servers genuinely care about these things. Not "significantly".
    Beam Overload:
    •The damage of its initial hit has been increased
    •For 10 seconds after activation, your normal beam attacks have bonus damage and increased critical severity

Number, man! Use your numbers! :grin:

Post edited by nikeix on
  • Options
    Miracle Worker:
    •Hull Heal amount has been increased significantly

Dare we hope the heal is now proportional to your max hull? ...so we aren't playing catch up forever as newer and larger hulls are introduced?
  • Options
    @crypticspartan#0627 - Why not cut plasmonic leech's power buff by some random percentage of your choosing? Almost anything but the flat junk boost solution you picked would have been fine. Even a 50%-75% cut would have been acceptable, but a flat +6 power to all subsystems completely sucks.

50% cut = +1 base plus +1 for every 200 drain skill
    75% cut = +1 base plus +1 for every 300 drain skill

Hell, go for a cut to the buff to +1 for every 400 drain skill, but a flat increase is an uncalled for nerf to a lockbox/C-store item, AKA $$$$.
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Wow these are great patch notes
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    nikeix wrote: »
    •All holds now give their target hold resistance for a short duration when they end.
    •All disables now give their target hold[??] resistance for a short duration when they end.

I think the second item is supposed to say disable resistance. Maybe.

Can you please clarify what hold and disable "Resistance" actually does? I think it reduced the duration of the next one you're subject to, but I'm not sure. Can we also get info on the amount/magnitude of resistance?

Yes, that second item should say Disable Resistance. Resistance shortens the duration of subsequent ones.

Plasmonic Leech on Tribble gives a self buff of +6 power to all subsystems, for a total of +24 power. That is close to 5 times the power level increase a MK XIV Gold +Power console gives. That is still an absurd disparity. The fact that players are stacking [Drain] consoles solely to buff their own power levels is also not how any of this should be working. Drain Expertise is intended to buff your ability to debuff your enemies, and your ability to resist that same set of debuffs. The current state of using Leech and then stacking Drain Expertise to buff your power levels is very far outside of what the design intent of Drain Expertise is, and Flow Capacitors before that.
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    antep01 wrote: »
    Yeah Cool thx another nerf for all Sci Players :/

Gravity Well:

Subspace Vortex:

What do you think the cap was before?

And what could possibly make you think Tac and Engi captains/players weren't using those skills?

The specification of a max number of targets is the one thing that stood out to me...what was it before? I can't see it on the tooltip, which makes me think it was unlimited. Any word on this?
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    Gravity Well:

Subspace Vortex:

Tractor Beam Repulsors

Not Cool.

I would be more upset about this, but on the other paw, I never really used science powers for damage very much, and used my torpedoes for that, which are going to be more useful with the changes. But for example gravity well, I am going to love the increased ability to raise my control skill with TWO science captain powers when I need extra radius, and that's going to matter a lot to me. So I'm reserving judgement until I get to try this on tribble later.
  • Options
    devvickdevvick Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    -Increase the fun – Games are about having fun, and players should not be made to feel that their fun is “wrong.”
    -Player investment retains value – While things need to be adjusted, a setup that was optimized before should still be useful and
    effective afterwards.

can´t see this. plasma consoles= Junk. Plasmonic leech= Junk.
    where is the value of my investments? On several Toons!?

And how not to feel that my fun is wrong?

• Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    I know this has been asked before Spartan, but it does not hurt to ask.

Can you please consider moving Cannon abilities down a level? While I appreciate the boost to CRF/CSV it still penalizes ships that would use them. For example, I still love to use my old Fleet K'Tinga and its highest Tac Slot is LT. I can only put CRF/CSV1 into the LT slot, but I can slot BO1/2 or BFAW 1/2 there. It would be a great benefit to cannon players to have this moved. That would still leave APB3, APD3, and APO3 as great choices for any Commander Level Tactical slot.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Nadion Inversion:
    •The reduction to the weapons power drain of firing energy weapons has been significantly increased

Please don't do that. Actual numbers like the people on the test servers genuinely care about these things. Not "significantly".

From the test server, as of an hour ago, the value is -190% to cost. Which, if we remember how weapon cost reduction works, is 100/(100+190) = 34.4% of normal cost for weapons during the duration. Leech may be way less effective as a self buff, but this allows eng captains to draw down their weapon cost so much that they can get away without the console.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Some suggested the damage of cannon rapid fire has increased, have I misunderstood what was said about CRF and CSV?

Is it +0%, 5%, 10% per rank for CSV on top of the 15%, 20%, 25% it already gets or instead of?

Is it +0%, 10%, 20% per rank for CRF on top of the 30%, 40%, 50% it already gets or instead of?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well since Tractor Beam Repulsors have been 'adjusted' perhaps you can make the Daemosh's Scavenger Beam Trait affect it as well as it is a Tractor Beam that pushes. This especially for use in the 'Pull' Mode.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Miracle Worker:
    •Hull Heal amount has been increased significantly

Dare we hope the heal is now proportional to your max hull? ...so we aren't playing catch up forever as newer and larger hulls are introduced?

It'd be nice, but it doesn't appear so. My main engineer has ~42k hull healing and 25k secondary shields from MW3. With more healing investment, this should go up even more.
  • Options
    godimasgodimas Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Plasmonic Leech on Tribble gives a self buff of +6 power to all subsystems, for a total of +24 power. That is close to 5 times the power level increase a MK XIV Gold +Power console gives. That is still an absurd disparity. The fact that players are stacking [Drain] consoles solely to buff their own power levels is also not how any of this should be working. Drain Expertise is intended to buff your ability to debuff your enemies, and your ability to resist that same set of debuffs. The current state of using Leech and then stacking Drain Expertise to buff your power levels is very far outside of what the design intent of Drain Expertise is, and Flow Capacitors before that.

I get why, it just sucks having things changed around like this after spending huge amounts of time dumping insane amounts of resources into your upgrade system, only to have things changed around and having to deal with the upgrade slog all over again
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Good thing a load of non-KDF people spent tons of EC on the Leech Console before it became readily available in the Infinity Lockbox. Really keeps it's value.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User

If I'm not mistaken (I'm not a drain builder), Energy Siphon is a drain and self-buff based on drain skill, is this also not working as designed? Also, I feel I must point out that physics doesn't allow for the destruction of energy, thus the power you're draining from a target has to go somewhere and I'm not convinced that it simply dissipates into space when you "leech" it from a target.

With regard to the disparity between leech and +Power consoles, +Power consoles have needed a buff for years, the leech 'issue' only serves to highlight this further, rather than nerfing leech to a flat increase, buff +Power consoles such that they are a viable alternative I dare say +10 power to a subsystem would make people consider them, it easily allows for propping up a system that someone sacrificed for something else.
    ZiOfChe.png?1