test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

26th Century Starfleet Uniform Foundry Challenge

thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
cGPq0XP.png

Challenge: Create a 26th Century uniform for Starfleet personnel.
Faction: Federation
Submissions in by: 17/04/2017 / (04/17/2017)
Prize: Lobi Store Costume

On April 17th I will create a poll thread with the entries, a winner will be determined by the result of that vote. The winner will receive an outfit of their choice from the Lobi Store.

Post screenshots of your uniform entries here along with a brief description of the pieces used to create your outfit.

(Note: If there are more than ten entries - maximum number of poll options. We'll stagger it out depending on how many entries there are.)

(Note: I recommend you make your entries using the foundry character creator. You'll have access to a wider range of uniforms that you may not have purchased/unlocked.)

(I.E.)

Uniform_A.png

Top: (Uniform - Jacket Loose) Sierra - 03

Slot 1: H4
Slot 2: H4
Slot 3: A4
Slot 4: G21

Badge: Alternate Future Variant (AGT)

Slot 1: B4
Slot 2: A5

Belt: (Odyssey)

Slot 2: H4
Slot 3: I20
Slot 4: I24

Lower: (Uniform - Pants Tucked High) Jupiter - 01

Slot 2: A4
Slot 3: H4

Foot: Boot Leather Padded

Slot 1: H3
Slot 2: H1
Slot 3: H1

(Note: Colour slots will change depending on how many options are available per outfit piece.)
(Note: Alphabetical and numerical colour code - There are a few other colour palettes, but this is the one that appears majority of the time.)

Thanks to @starfarertheta for the thread banner.
2gdi5w4mrudm.png
Typhoon Class please!
Post edited by thay8472 on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Post edited by thay8472 on
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Post edited by theraven2378 on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      The parts are wells but with the oddy pouches. The skirt variant is with the academy skirt.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • nappers1nappers1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
        Basically a red A1 Starfleet Academy uniform with black shoes and division color stripes and the odyssey badge.

Purple = Command
        Green = Science & Medical
        Orange = Security & Engineers

26th.png
      • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
        edited March 2017
        Examples:
        wbY1j15.png

QNtCtyq.png

Details:
        Top:(Uniform - Jacket Loose) Sierra - 01

Slot 1: H2
        Slot 2: J10 (Command/Helm), J5 (Science/Medical), J8 (Engineering/Security/Operations)
        Slot 3: F2

Material: Glossy

Badge: Alternate Future Variant

Slot 1: B1
        Slot 2: B4

Rank Insignia
        Slot 1: B4

Belt: Yesterday's Enterprise

N/A

Lower: (Uniform - Pants Loose) Section 31

Foot: Boot - Jupiter

Slot 2: H1
        Slot 3: H1
        Post edited by starfarertheta on
      • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
        It's been noted that the Universe Class is a throwback to the NX (both in universe and out) so I designed some uniforms I think reflect that by having them vaguely resemble the old ENT era jumpsuits.
        33315909302_2226f58186_o.png

I used the true blue from series 3 and 4 rather than the purple blue from series 1 and 2 as well as the ENT era department colours. The Jupiter 3 in matte looks vaguely denim (the same material the ENT Jumpsuits were made of) and most importantly you can colour the shoulders (as with most post TOS uniforms) and the top of the right arm (as would happen to the Wells uniforms) so some evolution could be shown.

Other than the combadge (chosen as it has a background like the AGT one and looks simplistic like the Wells one will) the only tech is the Intel armPAAD as I thought in the 26th century they can probably use it as a tricorder, communicator, replicator, and transporter judging by the ludicrous level of tech the Universe Class is described as having. Also because I don't like uniforms covered in belts and straps and pouches and buckles because I'm not Rob Liefeld.
        33471955125_77e8c6a9a7_o.png

Details:
        Uniform - Jacket Loose.

Upper: Jupiter 3 (G1 : A1/C1/D1 : A1/C1/D1 : G1)

Material: Matte

Colour Configuration: 01

Badge: Odyssey 2 (B5 : B5)

Wrist Attach Left: Intel (B6/A6/F6)

Uniform - Pants Tucked Low.

Belt: Bajoran (J4)

Lower: Tucked Low - Soft Loose (G1)

Feet: Boot Odyssey Excursion (J4 : J4 : J4 : J4)
        ​​
        22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
        Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
        JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
        'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
        'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
        '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
        'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
        '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
      • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
        edited March 2017
        Here's my entry (set). With the link between 23c and 26c ships in AOY I went for more of an evolution of TOS uniforms using elements from TNG and the principle that color swaps=future. :tongue:
        Tactical
        C7SvkhWXkAElt2t.jpg

Science
        C7SoIcxWwAAvMzf.jpg

Engineering
        C7SoTOUX4AEbsvr.jpg

Details:
        Top: All Good Things

Variants
        Tac: H8, H1, C13, H1
        Eng: D15, H1, C13, H1
        Sci: F13, H1, C13, H1

Badge: Commbadge

Bottom (pants): Wrath of Kahn (color closest match with top, different pallette, guessed on labels below)
        Tac: Q8, B22
        Eng: E2, B22
        Sci: I2, B22
        Belt: Mercenary 01, B22, Q1, Q4
        Boots: H1, C13

Bottom (skirt): 23 c Mini split
        Tac: H7
        Eng: D16
        Sci: F14
        Belt: Jupiter, C13, I17, I19, H1
        Boots: Starfleet Academy Heels, H1, H1
        Legs: Tights Sparkling, H1
        Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
        Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
        Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
      • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
        edited March 2017
        I decided to add a twist to the standard colors with the Sierra 5 Uniform, Keeping it simple, but updating the style slightly
        Engineering Officer (Optional Gloves)
        Atk2VnA.jpg?1

Tactical Officer
        Vlg1G17.jpg?1

Science Officer
        OR4Ev66.jpg?1
        Instructions
        Top: Sierra 5
        Material= Glossy

Eng: I23, I21, J2, D10
        Tactical: A1, J8, J2, I16
        Science: F1, J6, J2, I16

Badge: Odyssey 1 (B5)

Optional Enginering gloves
        Gloves Paneled (H1, I21)

Belt
        Odyssey Excursion: B5, H1, J1, J1)

Pants:
        Odyssey (H1)

Feet:Boots Combat
        Eng: H1, I23, J4
        Tac: H1, A1, J4
        Sci: H1,F1 , J4
        Why do I still play and put money into STO?
        The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
      • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
        edited March 2017
        My entry - basic stuff - nothing too fancy, but anyway...

26th Century Captain/Admiral & Officers
        custom_uniforms__001_by_kurumi_morishita-db31j74.jpg

26th Century Section 31/Off Duty/Academy
        custom_uniforms__002_by_kurumi_morishita-db31qe1.jpg

Instructions
        No Commbadges - the communicator is integrated into the rank pips ;P

Captain/Admiral (Female):
        Upper: Antares 4 (Open): H14 H14 I16 I16, Material: Glossy, Color Config: 1
        Lower: Antares H14 H14 I16, Material: Glossy
        Legs: Tights Shiny P13
        Feet: Motion Picture H13 H13

Captain/Admiral (Male):
        Upper: Antares 4 H14 H1 H1 H1, Material: Matte, Color Config: 1
        Lower: All Good Things H2
        Feet: Motion Picture H1 H1

Officers:
        Upper: Antares 4 (Open), Material Glossy (Female) / Matte (Male), Color Config: 1
        Engineering: I21 H1 H1 H1
        Science: J6 H1 H1 H1
        Tactical: A6 H1 H1 H1

Officers (Female):
        Lower: 23 c Mini H1
        Legs: Tights Shiny O12
        Feet: 23 c Tall H1 H1 H1

Section 31 (Female):
        Upper: Intel Long H1 H1 H1 H1
        Hands: Intel H4 H4 H4
        Wrist Attach Left: Intel
        Belt: Mercenary 01 P1 P1 P1
        Lower: 23 c Mini H1
        Legs: Tights Shiny O12
        Feet: 23 c Tall H1 H1 H1

Section 31 (Male):
        Upper: Intel Long H1 H1 H1 H1
        Belt: Mercenary 01 P1 P1 P1
        Lower: Dyson Sphere H1 H1 H1
        Feet: Boot Enterprise H1 H1 H1
        Post edited by kurumimorishita on
        "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
        - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
        q4F10XV.jpg
        ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
      • tarankotaranko Member Posts: 2 Arc User
        26th Century Captain's uniform. I know that the jupiter stuff is probably too obvious, but I feel like it's a decent fit.
        tCQRn39.jpg
        Upper: Jupiter 3(glossy)
        Badge: Odyssey 2
        Wrist Attach Right: Kit - Sci Scientist
        Belt: Jupiter
        Lower: Loose - Motion Picture
        Feet: Boot Enterprise
      • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
        edited April 2017
        I also like to contribute something. In the 26c century we appearantly have an era that looks radically different from everything that came before, yet somehow bridges the gap to later eras which once again take some "classic" elements. I was thinking how "AGT" could possibly in the distant future lead to "Wells" and put a lot classic homages in it while I was going at it. And what surprised me myself was that I found a use for that weird "Racing uniform" Voyager gave us pig-2.gif

W1n1p5j.png

[EDIT April 12th]

QmYkyaV.png

Science variant - which I forgot to add

[/EDIT April 12th]

The uniform colour itself is a homage to "Forbidden Planet" with the bright grey/blue jumpsuits (at least in the coloured version pig-3.gif ). Department colours take some clues from the 29c future where everything got a bit mixed up, the black lines resemble the chest stripe that was doubled and tilted 90 degrees (AGT). The racing uniform in combination with the Jupiter tucked bottoms (TWOK homage) looks uniform, but not overly "military" and more futuristic-spacey. The Jupiter belt and the combadge are supposed to look a bit alike. I didn't want to include many gizmos, but the medical variant shows a holographic wrist tricorder or something like that.

@artan42 : I like your take. I can see the ENT overall colour getting reused and I like the hint at the Wells sleeved style. Good job pig-1.gif

@duncanidaho11 : Wow, I like that one a lot. Reimagining AGT with TOS influences and utility. Neat! pig-23.gif​​
        Post edited by angrytarg on
        lFC4bt2.gif
        ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
        "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
        "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
        "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
      • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
        angrytarg wrote: »
        IThe uniform colour itself is a homage to "Forbidden Planet" with the bright grey/blue jumpsuits (at least in the coloured version pig-3.gif ).​​

*Salutes*
        Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
        Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
        Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
        I also like to contribute something. In the 26c century we appearantly have an era that looks radically different from everything that came before, yet somehow bridges the gap to later eras which once again take some "classic" elements. I was thinking how "AGT" could possibly in the distant future lead to "Wells" and put a lot classic homages in it while I was going at it. And what surprised me myself was that I found a use for that weird "Racing uniform" Voyager gave us pig-2.gif

W1n1p5j.png

The uniform colour itself is a homage to "Forbidden Planet" with the bright grey/blue jumpsuits (at least in the coloured version pig-3.gif ). Department colours take some clues from the 29c future where everything got a bit mixed up, the black lines resemble the chest stripe that was doubled and tilted 90 degrees (AGT). The racing uniform in combination with the Jupiter tucked bottoms (TWOK homage) looks uniform, but not overly "military" and more futuristic-spacey. The Jupiter belt and the combadge are supposed to look a bit alike. I didn't want to include many gizmos, but the medical variant shows a holographic wrist tricorder or something like that.

@artan42 : I like your take. I can see the ENT overall colour getting reused and I like the hint at the Wells sleeved style. Good job pig-1.gif

@duncanidaho11 : Wow, I like that one a lot. Reimagining AGT with TOS influences and utility. Neat! pig-23.gif​​

Those are nice, was practicality a part of the design?
        NMXb2ph.png

Thank you pig-23.gifpig-1.gif. I guess not more or less than other Trek uniforms. The ensemble and especially the matching bottoms to give the impression of a utility ensemble and the Jupiter belt looks like it could incorporate some neat functionality. I could also imagine to add some pouches to them, but I didn't want to modify my entry too much, otherwise I probably would try to look what the alternate Oddyssey badge (the hollow chevron with the hollow rectangle below) would look like and if it would better go with the belt.​​
          lFC4bt2.gif
          ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
          "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
          "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
          "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou

Thank you pig-23.gifpig-1.gif. I guess not more or less than other Trek uniforms. The ensemble and especially the matching bottoms to give the impression of a utility ensemble and the Jupiter belt looks like it could incorporate some neat functionality. I could also imagine to add some pouches to them, but I didn't want to modify my entry too much, otherwise I probably would try to look what the alternate Oddyssey badge (the hollow chevron with the hollow rectangle below) would look like and if it would better go with the belt.​​

I went with a more practical approach with my entries, I added pouches and pockets as a uniform needs to be functional and suitable for the job.
          NMXb2ph.png
            I went with a more practical approach with my entries, I added pouches and pockets as a uniform needs to be functional and suitable for the job.

In principle yes, although Star Trek traditionally doesn't have too much of this pig-2.gif

QmYkyaV.png

Here's an added arm pouch (Ody excursion obviously) which I can see works. Due to the stripe on the bottoms, pouches do not work here and the result wasn't aesthetically pleasing. Just like the alternative combadge - this one simply looked better. Would the rectangle below the "Oddyssey 2" variant be full it'd be better.​​
            lFC4bt2.gif
          • zebgodwinzebgodwin Member Posts: 53 Arc User
            Chronology
            2025 AD: HBO buys the rights to Star Trek and announces plans to launch a new series set in the 26th century. As part of their instructions to showrunner Michael Bay, HBO executives include a request for "sexier uniforms". (This has nothing to do with anything that follows, and is merely included as an historical curiosity.)

Early 26th Century: After a peace treaty is signed between the Federation and the Terran Empire, inter-universal travel and commerce between the Prime and Mirror Universes becomes common. Clothing fashions in the Prime universe become heavily influenced by Terran Empire styles. This trend eventually makes its way into Starfleet uniform design.

The Uniforms
            26C.png26T.png
            26Sci.png26Med.png
            26Eng.png26Sec.png

Instructions
            Male Uniform
            Upper: Uniform - Bare Chest/Sierra 2 Open
            Badge: Next Generation film
            Lower: Uniform - Pants Loose/All Good Things
            Boot: Ankle

Female Uniform
            Upper: Uniform - Bare Chest/Sierra 2 Open 1
            Badge: Next Generation film
            Lower: Uniform - Skirts/Starfleet Academy Micro
            Boot: 23 c Tall

Division Colors
            Command: Gold
            Tactical: Red
            Science: Blue
            Medical: White
            Engineering: Gray
            Security: Black
            Foundry Missions by @zebgodwin
            Trouble in Trimble: An illicit Reman colony is under attack by Orion pirates. Will you defend the colony or arrest its only defender?
            Paying the Price: You must protect an uncontacted pre-warp civilization from Orion slavers, without violating the Prime Directive.
            The Mirror of Infinity: To save your ship, you must convince the descendants of the crew of the long-lost USS Infinity to work with their mortal enemies - their Mirror Universe counterparts. Part of the USS Infinity Foundry Roundtable Challenge.
            The Tholian Tempest: A rescue mission on a Y-class world leaves the away team stranded inside a Shakespeare play while under attack by Tholians and Gorn.
            The Trafalgar Paradox: A mission to locate a missing Starfleet vessel leads the away team into a mind-bending temporal paradox.
          • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
            edited April 2017
            My first idea was an ENT/Wells mash-up... but since @artan42 and @taranko pretty much already did that, I went with TNG/Wells, taking some inspiration from Daniels' Time Traveler outfit.

29Cstarfleet.png

Top: (Uniform - Jacket Loose) The Next Generation Season 1 Admiral
            Slot 1: I1
            Slot 2: I2
            Slot 3: A24 (Operations) / H5 (Science) / G24 (Command)
            Slot 4: I21 (I wanted J1 silver, but can't select it in Foundry)

Badge: Alternate Future Variant (AGT)
            (I would have preferred the Wells badge, but it wasn't available with this top)
            Slot 1: A4
            Slot 2: B5

Rank: (I'd like to have the Wells "arrow" ranks on a high collar, but gotta use what's available)
            Slot 1: B5

Belt: (Leather Basic)

Slot 1: I2

Lower: (Uniform - Pants Tight) Stippled

Foot: Boot Section 31
            Slot 2: I1

newstosiggy.png
            Going to be out most of today so this will go on until tomorrow (17th April)
            2gdi5w4mrudm.png
            Typhoon Class please!
          • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
            6xj7Yyq.jpg

Top: (Uniform - Jacket Loose) Starfleet Academy
            • Slot 1: H4
            • Slot 2: Depends on class
            • Slot 3: H9

Badge: Odyssey 1
            • Slot 1: A9

Belt: Optional

Lower: Starfleet Academy (or Skirts for females)
            • Slot 1: H1
            • Slot 2: Depends on the class

Foot: Optional

Division Hispana
            www.divisionhispana.com
            edited April 2017
            17th April - Voting has now commenced!
            Go and vote here in the first round.
            2gdi5w4mrudm.png
            Typhoon Class please!