test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captain's Table

Last night I was on the Captain's Table for about two hours and not one person showed up. Now I know this only benefits LTP, but for what. I think it's a waste of space. I had this thought what if it was made available to all players and relocated somewhere else. Question is where and how do my fellow players feel.
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).

Comments

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Why this constant attack on the benefits of the LTS? First ppl want to get the liberated Borg, now free access for all to the Captain's table.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Again, no. What is it lately with people wanting to give away LTS perks to the general population??
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Nobody showed up cuz there is nothing to do there. That's the only mistake.

If cryptic would really want to push sales I’d make this place worthwhile by offering an unrestricted tailor access there for LTS players only.

That would be fun. All those f2p amateur space babies going mad over the Orion costumes they can’t have for their fed fem toons. Well 200 bucks and you are in. :D
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    ehllfhire69ehllfhire69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    no
  • Options
    I agree with putting more to do at the Captain's Table. In fact, anything you can do at any other social zone, I think, should be available at the Captain's Table. I have no problem with making the Veteran items claimable there. I'd support a Captain's Table exclusive uniform obtainable from a Tailor there.

I also think it might be used more if it were accessable from more areas of the game and not just from the Sol and Qo'nos systems. Make doors at all the social zones: the Academies, ESD, First City, Romulan Command, Romulan Flotilla, DS9, Ganalda, Sierra, etc.

Point is, make the Captain's Table more worthwhile to get more traffic there. Not open it up to the general population. All that will do is have even more people ignoring it.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The captains table is a part of the LTS which I have. That being said special zones like this seem more of a waste because it excludes people from the general population. The special zone in Champions Online for LTS subscribers suffers the same problem of lack of people. Over all it's a poor idea for a LTS benefit but that being said it's already in so its there.

Personally I'd rather see it removed and replaced with something else, maybe an extra deck option on all LTS subscribers bridges that offers the same benefits as the Captains Table. This way that deck is only available on LTS captains bridges and would help serve as more of a social area for people by allowing non-LTS captains access via their LTS friends. This way it remains exclusive as an LTS feature but also increases the social aspect of the place so it might not be as dead as it is. Sorta like that missing 13th floor buildings sometimes have it could be the missing 13th Deck.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    monodoso wrote: »
    Last night I was on the Captain's Table for about two hours and not one person showed up. Now I know this only benefits LTP, but for what. I think it's a waste of space. I had this thought what if it was made available to all players and relocated somewhere else. Question is where and how do my fellow players feel.

Just make it a direct transwarp, and give access to more items and services from there, and I promise you people will use it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    necrobones0necrobones0 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    Just make it a direct transwarp, and give access to more items and services from there, and I promise you people will use it.

I'd use it, for sure. Direct transwarp, and a reason to be there. I've only visited it a few times, since there's just nothing to do there. When it was first added, you'd see someone come through once every few minutes, but then the novelty wore off. Now, it's pointless, unless they make some simple improvements.

--
    "Special Envoy" Lifer.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    null
    It's not a attack, just ideas to redo it or make it more appealing in some way cidjack.
  • Options
    I wouldn't advocate removing it entirely and putting an LTS deck onboard our ships, as @nimbull has suggested, but I'd support putting a door to the Captain's Table in, say, the captain's quarters.

Also, it's supposed to be a bar of a sort, so I'd advocate giving the map an overhaul as well.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    I like the idea of a extra floor at ESD or some space station. The door idea is a good idea too.
  • Options
    null
    It's not a attack, just ideas to redo it or make it more appealing in some way cidjack.

@monodoso

@cidjack was referring to a previous thread asking to giveaway the LTS playable Liberated Borg species to players who had spent X amount in the C-Store, but hadn't actually bought an LTS.

Personally, now I'm waiting to see a thread demanding the Android BOFF or 1000 ships.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I think a direct transwarp to the Captain's Table (either with no cooldown or a shorter cooldown) would help. Maybe throw in a vendor that sells rare consumables or special food that'll give you a Captain's Table tribble (maybe it could TRIBBLE latinum instead of dilithium). But the bottom line is that there's just not much to do at the Captain's Table. It doesn't offer anything that the social zones don't have. Maybe they could add an R&D console that has a greater chance to improve the quality of whatever you craft if you use the console rather than doing it through the DOff window? Or maybe using the console could reduce the time it takes to craft something by 25%.
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Maybe the Ferengi could sell certain melee weapons that people have been asking for, like rapiers and mek'leths
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Adding new features would no doubt improve the Captain's Table but we shouldn't get our hopes up about seeing any new LTS benefits any time soon. It seems to me though, that simply adding the Captain's Table to the list of transwarp destinations for LTS players would be a simple yet significant boost to it, and it'd be even better still if it were exempt from the usual cooldown.

PS LTS/veteran players already have unique costume pieces by the way.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    If you want LTS perks, get an LTS, otherwise quit bitching, frankly.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    Missing the point vampeiyre. Good luck with that attitude.
  • Options
    soofismacksoofismack Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I vote for the direct transwarp. I am a LTS player. It is a nice place to go, we just need a reason to go there! :)
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    The Captain's Table does need more perks. It would be nice if you could buy crafting supplies there. I believe the Devs where holding off on a direct transwarp due to some programming issue. I do agree a direct Transwarp is needed.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    No reason to go there is part of the issue, but the main problem is it takes more time to go there. Having to Transwarp to Sol or Qo'noS, then enter the nebula, and then board takes far more time than just going to ESD or First City. A Direct Transwarp means that it takes as much effort to go to ESD, but I don't have to worry about getting to my original location unlike travelling to ESD or First City. Of course, a Fleet with all amenities makes it pointless to go to ESD or First City especially with the Transwarp Gate.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Great place to go if you want to be alone. :p #NoDiscoBalls
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    If I remember correctly Taco said something about a refresh, but that was a while back. Like the above posters say. If there is something worthwhile, it will get used. My thoughts would be:

1. BoFFs with Customizable traits
    2. The unlocked tailor is a great idea
    3. Unique ship/visual customizations
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    I'd like it if it had all the fleet stores in one place (major time saver but likely problematic for the devs) along with all recruit assignments, extra dil refining guy, and a security officer. Maybe even a doff assignment console for different sectors and/or clusters. I'd go there with all my characters every time I logged in with or without a direct transwarp. Unique items would be nice but, for me, not required.
  • Options
    curmecurme Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Poker! But for latinum or something that can only buy novelty items.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    I was there two times. And apparently Cryptic DOES work there!

... They swapped T'Nae with Quinn :P

But other than that I'd be happy if it would offer the standard package of shipyard and traders for starters.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User

Captain's Table: Waste of space since, what, 2011? It's never had a point.

• Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Wow, here I thought I was the only one to ever call it wasted space. Im a LTS, Im happy with what I got but the Captains Table, Direct Trans-warp would be nice if there was a reason to even go. Lots of good ideals on the reasons. Im just afraid their reason if they ever give one it still wont be worth it. I just like the ideal at LTS can go to one place to buy and sale for every type of venders in the game, have access to all their fleet stores in one place and have access to all banks and exchange in one place. While Im at it able to get Doff assignments, good ones. Lastly a LTS can buy Lobi ships for Zen but not account wide. Yes, if I want the ship I will buy it more then once for the toon I want it for.

Hey, A lifer of the game can dream and hope.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif