test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please approve my other new discussion on this board which needs an approval. Thanks in advance.

rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
edited February 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Please approve my other new discussion on this board which needs an approval.
It regards a bug / issue I have regarding privacy options settings.

Thanks in advance. Or not.

Comments

• Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Yeah, there's a reason why new forumites can't make new threads for some amount of time.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Please approve my other new discussion on this board which needs an approval.

Please explain your post in this board which needs and explanation.

93733255ce636e1738c6e2fe032affa11c345d7612ed47602509649a543682a1.jpg

• Options
    I lost a post regarding a privacy option bug/issue I have.
    I invested time in, am obviously p*ssed off but trying to be polite.

I understand it's some automatic spam/flooding protection system or something like that which triggered yet again. I didn't mean to spam or flood, just having difficulties in posting in general, and especially in the "right way", "right length" and without many edits (some minor which may be rapid, other take longer time) Either way, it's hard. And the system triggers much now in my case.

More to the point:
    I can't remember what was in that post literally but I know I wrote much in a way which will be hard to recreate.

Usually when I send a ticket I am encouraged to also post here. And I did (this time without such encouragement) - also in case anybody can have a suggestion. In the past I knew how to handle such (when a force update of invites whitelist was needed) but now it doesn't work anymore.

Issue in short - can't get invites to party/match, possibly map, while in the past could.
    Visibly it looks alright (only allow team invites from friends/fleet members is off visibly as it should), toggle then toggle again to off didn't work, something like: /whitelist_invites 1 then /whitelist_invites 0 to force DISABLE white list for invites, didn't work (and no yellow text like white list disabled for invites (or enabled for 1st step) appeared), allegedly unlike before. Triggered by mail option change however in the past I could force update whitelist options even if those were becoming bugged. Now I can't.

I forgot details.
  • Options
    Noting as it is not clear and as I am afraid to edit this post too (as my posts disappeared on edits) :
    Ticket sent to support but I gave the rationale of trying to post here too, even if I only awkwardly could explain this.
  • Options
    sixela78#6094 sixela78 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I feel kind of same way too. It's been a month I play the game but never bothered to post anything on forums, however I'm experiencing a bug in a mission and because of this probation period I can't open a thread of my own to explain the issue I have, this is just not normal. Where can I write to explain my issue? I can't just post on someone else's topic...
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I feel kind of same way too. It's been a month I play the game but never bothered to post anything on forums, however I'm experiencing a bug in a mission and because of this probation period I can't open a thread of my own to explain the issue I have, this is just not normal. Where can I write to explain my issue? I can't just post on someone else's topic...
    I am not new by post count or join date, so this is not my issue. I should generally be able to post new topics.
    However I understand what you mean... Anyway I think it's ~10 posts so, join a few discussion you enjoy or/can give value etc, and soon this probation is over :)

As of me, what which bothers me is having problems to edit my posts (I need it because of some difficulties more than most) as after many edit/under some circumstantions (spelling?) the post is lost, including any saved draft. Trying to post it gives a message of something like - this post will appear after it's approved. Hence I asked for it to be approved, without having a reference to it.

Either way, now I lost a post regarding whitelist settings (O -> Team Settings -> Privacy Option related issue) issue/bug, a post which I put efforts in, and don't remember.

P.S.
    I forgot to say - there is a support system for tickets (press support link above), maybe a personnel can help you with your issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I am a good person with difficulties. Judge me not, it should have not been banned.
    I remember I tried to report the issue I summed up in my 2nd post here. Without any curse etc.

What I don't remember is the bug report details. And I put efforts in it. And decided not to try to recreate this time, the way it is.

But looking at your post, and assuming I didn't use any bad word, maybe let you understand how frustrated I might be when my posts are repeatedly deleted on merely edits, which I think are a must.
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Trying to help out:
    The issue is that for Arena someone asked for a quick suide run for rewards.
    When RND opted to help out, she wasnt able to be invited by non friendlist players. After some help and chekcing settings 1 by 1, she was still not able to be invited by others.
    Some people get really annoyed by 3rd party mailspammers, and so change the privacy settings to prevent these annoying mails.
    Now after patch something with these settings made it impossible to be invited byu strangers, wich was possible with some tweaking before last pacth.
    RND just tries to help, and felt like she let someone down. She didn't.
    After some tweaking stuff wasn't changed and she tried a bugg report.

After some iconians who autodelete forum editing, the nana'kuhl did some forum shenneginas which banned her.
    So the bugg is: after pacth her setting dont allow RND to be invited and the forum is still using windows vista the greatest windows evah, which deleted stuff and banned her post.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    It shouldn't delete on edits.

There was a random bug that was causing posts to sometimes be deleted when you edited them. Others, including people that have been on here a long time, experienced it and mentioned it in some other threads. It seems like it's gone away now.