test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground gear for Sompek

I have not tried it yet, so a couple of questions:

For picking the right resist(s), is there a specific weapon type your enemies use against you, or is it random?

What's the best armor and shields to use? I have Lobi and I'm thinking the Undine Biotech armor would be good with it's health regen.

screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Considering that each wave is a different group of npcs with different resists and weapon types, it is completely random. However considering that today is pretty much the last day, the only real rewards for the Event will be the Marks, Dilithium, and titles. Just do what most people do and go with whatever you like. Might get lucky and get to Round 35 with a PUG or fail at Round 10.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    I have not tried it yet, so a couple of questions:

For picking the right resist(s), is there a specific weapon type your enemies use against you, or is it random?

What's the best armor and shields to use? I have Lobi and I'm thinking the Undine Biotech armor would be good with it's health regen.
    There are all types of enemies, so you pretty much have to resist all. Personally, I use the iconian rep armor with the na'kuhl shield but I'm not sure if those are the absolute best.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Fleet Recoil Compensating Armor is an excellent choice, though it doesn't give as much resistance to energy weapon types. 80% CritD is too good to ignore. Na'kuhl 2-piece (Shield + Weapon) is considered the best (the Weapon you'll probably never use, but the shield is good and the set bonus for equipping the two is legit). Call me old-fashioned but I use the Omega Shield and weapon (extra dodge chance and the Carbine is actually pretty good).
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Any DPS build will do.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The two Characters I had go in there this Weekend were an Engineer in Elite Fleet Armor/Shield with an Epic Advanced Herald Staff, and a Science in the Omega Set. I switched them both on Sunday (Engineer had to run 'The Temporal Front twice yesterday to complete the set) and Saturday respectively to an Epic Na'kuhl Sets. I died less often by a fair margin.

If anything, the Arena made me rethink my Ground make-up for the better.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Thanks for the link. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Yeah thanks guys. I'm evaluating my ground build, and this will help overall even aside from this one mission.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png