test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arena of Sompek - share your experiences

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Made it to round 71 on my main account, again with a PUG :)

New personal record :p
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Level 40 in a pug on my kdf klingon tac. Took way over an hour. I like the concept Cryptic has here, something new and ground based. However it gets repetitive fast and at lvl 40 I really couldn't take it any more. Got 480 dil and 155 marks - not sure if wai or buggy.

My Lukari sci got to twenty-something twice in a pug, but I was glad the run ended early to earn the token. Again, this event is a good idea but seems a bit buggy and unfortunately becomes tedious after a while. A good thing we need only three vouchers thos time and not 15 or 25.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    80 with 4 people in a premade. The waiting bit is dependent on engineer fabs being there, this HAS to be a bug.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    At round 5 I knew I had earned my voucher and was ready to do something else.
    At round 10, I started intentionally standing in the bad.
    At round 15, I started wishing I could fire on my group mates.
    At round 25, I went AFK and watched TV until my group finally wiped at round 29.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The last run on my Engineer a little while ago had waits in between some rounds. There seemed to be at least three of us putting down Generators and Turrets, no Mines. Only got to Level 14. Tholians took us out. Tried to activate the Paradox Corrector but missed by a split second.

Got the Sompek Lightning Module. 49.something second recharge. Causes Electrical Damage and reduces Energy Damage by, I believe 75%, for a few seconds to the Team.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    For those who do not know it: if you find yourself in a team where progress is slow, you can simply relog (settings button --> change character). You don't get a penalty and the mission does not go on cooldown so you can just try again.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Level 40 in a pug on my kdf klingon tac. Took way over an hour. I like the concept Cryptic has here, something new and ground based. However it gets repetitive fast and at lvl 40 I really couldn't take it any more. Got 480 dil and 155 marks - not sure if wai or buggy.

My Lukari sci got to twenty-something twice in a pug, but I was glad the run ended early to earn the token. Again, this event is a good idea but seems a bit buggy and unfortunately becomes tedious after a while. A good thing we need only three vouchers thos time and not 15 or 25.

The higher you get in the rounds, the rewards just do not scale. A good or better run takes as long as several Advanced / Elite queued instances put together but the rewards for a good Sompek run pale in comparison. A good run is exhausting then you look at the rewards, "meh" is all you can say.

I hope Cryptic considers similar content and let the rewards actually scale with performance by the team and time. 1.5 or even longer hours for the current rewards is awful.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    It's pretty fun. It's a nice and short event that is a welcomed change to doing the omega mini-game.

Best run is round 54. Worst run is round 12.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I actually think that if they kept this que in the game as a standard, or bi-monthly event that happens it would be interesting to have some unique rewards that are tied to your highest rank meet. Like that at certain wave/level thresholds you might gain access to sets of gear you can buy from a vendor, which both have a value of power to them, while also bragging right value too. Even if you have it that the gear quality is divided between six waves threshold spreads, with the stats being much like how most gear is from quality level to quality level, but than also the look of the gear is different based on a smaller spread (like for each quality you might have two looks in them) that might actually get players to join in. Also if you do it somewhat like a arena season type thing with the looks changing from season to season, than that could also get players to jump in. You would be surprised how such a minor thing as vanity looks an bragging rights, can honestly pull in so many players.

I will say that this que has made me really wish we had a way of getting the fabrications if the engineers to move, and fallow them, even if it were at the cost of a module slot or doff slot an a reduction in the fabrication's own output. Being so immobile an the amount of time it takes a full fabrication engineer to set up is just a huge draw back alongside also being really punishing in so much of the content along with the player mentality we have.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »
    80 with 4 people in a premade. The waiting bit is dependent on engineer fabs being there, this HAS to be a bug.

it doesn't have to be a bug. It could be an effort at 'balancing' the match, esp. if the devs have heard enough about how "Engineers rule ground" to consider fabrications to be a problem that has to be addressed to give other careers a chance. (nevermind that the real imbalance is melee-optimized tacticals). the visible result is consistent enough in results that it's probably a feature of the map's architecture.

if so that would be the most idiotic attempt at balance I've ever seen and I consider STO's devs to be smarter than that.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    new personal record tonight, same character slightly better gun
    premade team from my armada, kdf and fed both :) cleared round 53

Gravity drones are now #1 on my 'most annoying thing ever' list and Super-Vaadwaur just blow TRIBBLE
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Made it to level 87. What a run I tell you. I ran it with some military friends and veterans. Talk about military precision. At level 87 we finally decided to call it quits. Some of my friends overseas had duty in a few hours.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    arliekkos wrote: »
    126 before disconnected as a group. Boo. Then almost 100 with a pug. I really enjoy it but definitely need to use the restroom before you start.

That's a awesome run. Hats off to you guys
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    Currently dying of old age waiting for each round to begin....
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Active Immunity mines are no problem for the match. They don't bug things up thankfully.
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    they need to put a high big reward at some hight lv you go there for exampe 50.000 refine dilitium at lv 80,sure you gonna get alot of ppl making that event all the time XD
    nexus.jpg

• Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    My engineer is doing great. Running regular turrets, active immunity mines, support drones, protomatter drones, photonic barriers, cover shields, even Nukara reinforcements...and no waiting between rounds. On recommendation I'm avoiding mortars and chroniton mines. But there's still a ton of stuff engineers can use.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    I think my stained underpants from dodging lighting speak for themselves. dino1-19.gif​​

Dragons wear underpants? o.o

Anyhow, I with my eng, made it, so far, to level 36. I tend to be the one who lasts longer than the others. I'd be using my shotgun when dealing with Borg and large groups of shielded monsters. I'd also be using drones, mostly, and modules that help the entire team's shields and stuff, and reviving anyone who got wasted, and also letting my crystalline spikes make things somewhat easier.

big groups of Romulans seem to be the hard ones right now.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Just did my first run which was a pug. Not a great run. I think we made it to 32 or so. I'm pretty sure that a good premade can hit 100 without much fuss.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Pre-made team, all KDF, 4 tac 1 engi, got to 74 before everyone decided to call it quits. Team DPS avg 280. I had the lowest at 174 since my traits were set to escape holds and survive, though still fell 4x. Highest was 394.

[1:04] Accolade complete: The Worthy
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Played it three times, go the account unlock (thanks for making it an account unlock).
    Since I just reinstalled Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel this arena event felt rather boring and uninspired in comparison.

STO works best with missions and stories instead of endless waves, but as far as events go this one was short,sweet and painless.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It is chroniton mines that cause the problem. I see no trouble with anything else. All other matches flow instantly to the next round if free of the mines. If you get a hard case that won't stop using them then just log out like advised above.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    My best run:
    - What level did you get to? 107
    - With how many players? 5
    - Was it a PUG? No, Fleetmates.
    - What was your role/career? Eng. The team was made of 2 Eng's and 3 Tac's. We all had Boolean Cannons and TR-116's as backup. 2 of us had Paradox Correctors. Booth Eng's had the new passive HP kit mods, we could just stand back to back and be a pretty good heal zone.

Worst run:
    - What level did you get to? 6
    - With how many players? 5
    - Was it a PUG? Yes.
    - What was your role/career? Still Eng.
    Honestly, I wasn't feeling it, really just wanted the voucher, but I wasn't going to intentionally throw the match. I died during an early Lightning Round, a teammate popped over to rez me, they died, another came to rez one of us, they died, and so on... This is why you don't heal during that round.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    Lol... we all died during the 2nd lightning round... we all decided to try to heal one of the injured players at the same time when we all got hit by lightning. That's okay though 'cuz we were experiencing the "wait bug" and I got the last voucher I need.

I sure don't want to repeat that 3 hour marathon it took to get to round 54 or the 2+ hours it took to get to round 46 in the past two days.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    [10:21] General Rodek: You completed 110 rounds. That is worth 120 points!

PUG.

2 Tacs, 2 Sci, 1 Engi. I don't think the parser logged everything as it lists fight time of 20:58s so no point listing the stats. We fell at a Bug round during lightning as the Queen's acid splashes wouldn't stop. Also had close calls with the Vaadwaur snipers and once with Dinos.

Screen grab at 108th round link.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿