- What level did you get to?
- With how many players?
- Was it a PUG?
- What was your role/career?

Comments

• Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I got to level 33, we were four at the end as someone probably disconnected. It was a PUG and I was healing the other four tacs with medical stuff and one shield heal ability.

I died more often than I'd expected.. at first it wasn't all that challenging, but affter wave 20 or so I think, it became more difficult. Perhaps I will go for a less offensive build, it's not like you can finish this fast anyway :p
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    1. Got to Level 32, killed off by Tholians.
    2. It's a 5-man queue, I think, but I think we had 4 total players in mine.
    3. Yes.
    4. I was an Engie.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Two runs both of them pugs with full teams. First one with an Eng and I think we got to about level 29. Second run was with a tac and we got to 47/48. Second run I mostly stood in one place button mashing and only moved for the bombs or if I got swamped. Not my sort of thing. I think I might try changing up things to have tons of healing etc and see how that goes but even so, it's not something I personally find fun.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Level 89
    Premade team.
    3 tac, 2 sci
    I played with lots of AOE attacks (polaron bombardment etc.)

Seemed to be fairly simply up until around the mid-80's when the sheer numbers and the fact they were one-shoting us started to take it's toll.
    Some rounds are super easy even with advanced enemies from multiple angles. But others, like the Bluegill bugs, can be nasty as you easily get swarmed.

Best gun I found was the Lobi Herald Antiproton Projector. Mainly because it does ridiculous damage but also because it chains to all nearby enemies, making the low levels a real cakewalk. Even at high levels it proved highly effective.

Having an engineer for healing fabrications might be of use i guess, until the high levels where the random environmental attacks wipe them out.

Also, found the Crystalline Spike module quite helpful for taking the heat off me when i got too intense.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Got to round 46 in a pug. It was fun and all was going very well. Then several players ran out of hypos ;) The waiting times between rounds were quite annoying though. It took us 1 hour 20 minutes to get there.

In my second attempt we reached round 26 in a pug. We found out that a wave of Elachi in combination with lighting is very deadly. Elachi have many ways of immobilizing players and lighting instantly kills you.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    - With how many players?
    - Was it a PUG?

4 players in the end
    PUG
    Engineer - full support and drone
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    sometimes wait times are horrible. seems to be blamed on a hidden immune foe (lay some mines around, you'll find him). also, on 4 occasions, i finished mission, got marks reward, but no token :(
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    brwjames85 wrote: »
    sometimes wait times are horrible. seems to be blamed on a hidden immune foe (lay some mines around, you'll find him). also, on 4 occasions, i finished mission, got marks reward, but no token :(

Apparently you can only earn 1 token per 20 hours. You need 3 of them, but then it is an account-wide unlock (confirmed by CrypticSpartan)
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Pug, one player dropped out, second player player dropped out, perhaps this was the absurd waiting time, perhaps connection.

I really didn't enjoy getting bombed/zapped/mortared by things I couldn't see and getting one shotted. Also when killed and respawning my tribble ability was correctly removed but I couldn't get it going again.

The level seemed more fitting for a proper twitch shooter in which you can have your character run by default and the aim keeps up with the mouse movement.

Theres no way I'll be doing this three times for six characters.

People might want to check out some of the Command kit modules in the dil store for nice team bonuses.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »
    Theres no way I'll be doing this three times for six characters..

CrypticSpartan confirmed that it is an account-wide unlock this time so you only need 3 (20 hours apart) on 1 character.

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Ridiculous waiting game. Took over an hour to do 10 waves, I was happy the team got wiped after that.

I'm probably going to do the 4 waves and suicide thing for my other 2 tokens. Certainly can forget the accolades for 100 waves or whatever it was, that would literally take all day.

Should've named it Arena of Waiting.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    - With how many players?
    - Was it a PUG?

yep
    tac with a long range plasma minigun ;)

lots of fun good team, a bit lazy on rez'ing fallen tho.
    round 25 we had 4 harbingers of m'tara... that sucked balls then 26 we got flattened by lightning AoE and I think it was Tholians, I literally didnt have time to target anything before we all died lol.
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Completed 47 (!) levels before finally getting KO'd at Level 48
    4 players (started w/ 5, but one bailed early b/c too much waiting between early rounds)
    PUG
    KDF (Klingon) Engineer

I went in with the full 8472 Counter-Command ground set, but my go-to weapon was a Mk XIV Elachi sniper rifle which melts non-boss NPCs rather quickly. I'll second lordsteve1's recommendation of Crystalline Spike above. For Engineers, Support Drones also come in handy, as does Orbital Strike, and any shield and/or health healing abilities (skills, kit modules, rep powers or set bonuses).
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I should also mention most of my gear with the exception of my minigun was mkXII
    minigun was purple mkXIV and Shotgun was blue XIII
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    -I don't remember the exact level, but it was over 30
    -4 players including myself, someone dropped out right at the beginning
    -Pug
    -I'm a tac...I didn't play any specific role nor did anyone else it was a completely uncoordinated pug
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    33 my first go, 38 my second (both PUG's). I only made it to 14 on my third round before my willpower gave out. EVERY round that go had a glitched start and I really couldn't take it anymore. I was looking forward to this event but even in my first two tries the long waits killed the pacing mercilessly. It's fun when the rounds proceed smoothly, but it doesn't take much stalling to become a over-long slog.

ATM for me it's just something to grind through for the kit module. Hopefully Cryptic will get it right next time.
    warpangel wrote: »
    Ridiculous waiting game. Took over an hour to do 10 waves, I was happy the team got wiped after that.

It should probably be stated for PSA purposes: "If you notice your game is getting caught with every wave LET THE DAMN THING FAIL." I know people want to make the most of their runs and maybe they're hoping that things will improve later that match, but when evidence to the contrary is staring you right in the face do be sensible for the sake of your team. And if you want, try again. Ultimately you're probably going to get farther by abandoning those broken attempts.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Wave 98 ... got taken down by Tholians and Lightning.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    L32 as KDF offensive Tac, got taken out by the non-stop bombardments and crazy leaping Vaadwaur. It was run, shoot, run for a long time till we all died.

Before that it bugged out so enemies would only spawn after waiting many minutes each round, we lost one member, and eventually we all died.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    - With how many players?
    - Was it a PUG?

We got to 32
    5 players
    yes a pug
    all were engineers

This event is soo long; worse than the Mirror Invasion. Need a separate queue for people who want to wipe it on wave 5, so we can just get the thingamabob. I'll keep blasting away (its fun using the Boolean Cannon) if the team does, but really, I'm just here for the 3 event items for the module.
  • Options
    The waiting times may be a bit too long indeed. So far it seems that there's a few people who almost managed to get to the 100th wave. I must say I'm impressed :)

Definitely going to try this with a pre-made team later on. I might even have to exchange my MACO pulsewave for something that works effectively at longer distances... perhaps a regular pulsewave, might make a good combination with a split beam rifle too.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Perfect time for a Klignat.....now has become nothing but a near useless novelty item. :'(
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    1) 61. Stupid Tholians decided to ruin the party
    2) 5 players
    3) Cross-Channel DPS League invite, so not a PUG but not a handcrafted premade.
    4) Sci, usually I run a more damage focused build but traded a bit of it for extra survivability (used the DOff that gives extra Nanite Health charges rather than my standard Extra DR debuff on Sci Powers).
  • Options
    Same here. I was also caught by lightning the first time, I thought someone was just throwing a grenade at me when I saw the red circle. Thought I could just tank it :p
  • Options
    kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    1. 60
    2. 5
    3. PUG
    4. Tac (Phasic Shroud for myself, Motivation for everyone, rest pew pew)

Two hours to round 60. Unspeakably tedious waiting followed by scattered surprise attacks, followed by more unspeakably tedious waiting. Lackluster rewards, less dil than advertised (got 480 instead of 2400 - not that 2400 would be payment enough for this yawnfest). The idea is good but execution very very shaky.

I'm thinking "get voucher and wipe" is the way to go.
  • Options
    misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    1st time as a fully gold tactical got to lvl 27 in a pug.
    2nd time as a sci got to lvl 27 in a premade.
    3rd time as my non-upgraded sci got to lvl 52 in a pug.

Something just came together in the last game. We all ended up laughing as none of expected or wanted to get very far, yet somehow we steamrolled each wave until we unanimously decided to wipe.