What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would it have been so difficult...

2»

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    koppster wrote: »
    ...to combine the server maintenance with todays nerf patch, so there was only one period of downtime during the week?

You saw how well today's sloooowww patch server went, right? And you want them to try to do TWO things at the same time? Are you mad! ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The logistics of server maintenance/software updates concern me little.
    Coincidentally, nobody has any concern over your comments.
    tempus64 wrote: »
    While that would be what most companies would do, they apparently put out a patch for PS4 along with the server maintenance.. soooooo.. yeah.
    Wonderful news. Now ask yourself this. Do you know exactly how many employees Cryptic had available? Do you know what each person's expertise is? You can't say that there were enough people on hand to also do a software update for PC at the same time. Do you also know what Cryptic's schedule with Sony is? Are you confident that you can say that a PS4 update was not necessary due to contractual demands that don't exist on PC.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    The logistics of server maintenance/software updates concern me little.
    Coincidentally, nobody has any concern over your comments.
    tempus64 wrote: »
    While that would be what most companies would do, they apparently put out a patch for PS4 along with the server maintenance.. soooooo.. yeah.
    Wonderful news. Now ask yourself this. Do you know exactly how many employees Cryptic had available? Do you know what each person's expertise is? You can't say that there were enough people on hand to also do a software update for PC at the same time. Do you also know what Cryptic's schedule with Sony is? Are you confident that you can say that a PS4 update was not necessary due to contractual demands that don't exist on PC.

Don't know if Cryptic has some super special contract that no others would have but back in the day when I worked for EA, beyond percentages, supplying of development equipment etc, the "contract" was pretty much that they had to approve the builds. They had zero control over when the company shipped said approved game. i.e. they did not get to dictate how a company released the product. Given I actually did this stuff for a living, I think I have a pretty good idea of what goes into it.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2017

White Knight replies not welcome.

I think everybody involved is truly sorry for you OP!

I, for my part, am glad that you came out of this week’s maintenance catastrophe alive and well.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    All the white knights and Cryptic fanboi/sycophants said,
    lots of sarcastic white knight/fanboi/sycophant stuff

Cheers for the input guyz! It's been super fun reading your proxy excuses and the memes in particular were pure class, PURE class I tell ya! Ya'all have a nice stardate now :)
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    - For the OP to simply accept the fact he is handicapped by not having/using any common sense or intelligence?
    - For people to realize when someone disagrees with you in these forums it does not automatically make them a white knight?
    - For the OP to avoid looking like a not very good Donald Trump Twitter impersonator?
    - Guess some people just suck at more than one thing at a time. Now there's a useful skillset.
    - For the OP to not willingly walk out into the middle of my gunsight where I cannot resist pulling the trigger?
    - For people to go play a different game on the InterWebs rather than constantly complain about this one?
    - For the toadies sucking up to the OP trying to score points to restrain themselves from joining the OP in the middle of my gunsight?
    - For the OP and his otaku FanGurls to avoid providing me with cheap entertainment?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    ...to combine the server maintenance with todays nerf patch, so there was only one period of downtime during the week?

You saw how well today's sloooowww patch server went, right? And you want them to try to do TWO things at the same time? Are you mad! ;)

This. So much this. And that was AFTER the server upgrades.. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    koppster sounds crybaby-ish
    Go find a bubba pal.

And to answer your question, the consensus is that, YES, it would have been so difficult.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Just sayin'

White Knight replies not welcome.

Could be worse, they could just let stuff go till it breaks the game completely and then people would complain about things not getting fixed. A patch is a patch to fix things.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Can I be the blue knight?​​

I want to be the beige knight or the slightly off white color knight O.o
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I refuse to believe the OP disliked my meme. I imagine he laughed at it and it gave him a smile. That are my facts and I am sticking to them.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    All the white knights and Cryptic fanboi/sycophants said,
    lots of sarcastic white knight/fanboi/sycophant stuff

Cheers for the input guyz! It's been super fun reading your proxy excuses and the memes in particular were pure class, PURE class I tell ya! Ya'all have a nice stardate now :)

With all the nasty things I've said about Cryptic, PWE, and some specific devs, I think it's safe to say that I'm most certainly not a white knight. I simply recognize that this particular decision was necessary and unavoidable.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,816 Community Moderator
    cidjack wrote: »
    I refuse to believe the OP disliked my meme. I imagine he laughed at it and it gave him a smile. That are my facts and I am sticking to them.

I concur with your assertion. Facts fact-checked and confirmed. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Well, apparently he was 'joking' or being 'sarcastic' when he mentioned white knights. At least that's what he said.

He doesn't seem to understand that one can't apply software updates when the servers are not connected.

Yeah that is what he claimed a few replies after the OP. But then a little while later this came out...
    I'm just going to ignore the juvenile, "why aren't you a gazillionaire games Emperor with 27 lamborghinis and 7 mansions full of Playboy bunnies" responses *cough* White Knights *cough* and respond to one:
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Combining all of the patches plus the physical maintinence is by defenition the logistics you claim "concern me little". Pointing this out is not being a "white knight" its just having a brain.

I'm confused as to what you are trying to say here. Apart from alluding that I'm stupid, is it your assertion that the methods a company employs to keep hardware and software running and the impact those methods have on the customer experience, in fact the "problem" of the customer?

So I am having doubts as to the claim of irony being valid.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Yep, this is a goner. It doesn't promote a positive discussion at all, and aside of a complaint, also offers no constructive critisms.
    As a side note, to folks posting after the OP - if someone posts a 'rage' thread, it's not an excuse to go all out on the OP. Please report the post next time instead. Thank you. :)
    /Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.