test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please consider returning the list of usable powers to Secondary Deflectors and Regenerative Synergy

I've noticed that a generic power description (e.g. Control, Inhibiting, etc.) has replaced specific powers listed on secondary deflectors. The powers lists were great quick references. I think many people, especially new players, would benefit from returning the powers lists to the secondary deflectors. Please consider returning them.

The new Regenerative Synergy Trait (Space) does not list powers that affect it. I understand that list is extensive. Perhaps individual powers can be listed as affected by Regenerative Synergy Trait (RST) via each particular power's description in the available tray if the RST is activated.

Thanks.

Joined STO in September 2010.

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    And still, I would remove more stuff. Can't read all the deflector bonuses while equipped on my ship without having a list that surpasses my screen space.
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Maybe show the list only when you right click on the deflector then click on "Info"?
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    And still, I would remove more stuff. Can't read all the deflector bonuses while equipped on my ship without having a list that surpasses my screen space.

I understand that frustration. Maybe Cryptic can design scrollable screen space.

I think keeping things simple and obvious, like their original design of listing all affected powers on a secondary deflector, is a win for clarity and benefits most players. It would certainly keep it clear for new players. I do not think creating confusion or making things difficult in games is a good thing. I'm seeing some people in chat who are interested in the new Regenerative Synergy Traits asking what control powers are and what powers can be used with the new trait. While it's great seeing people talk about a new trait I'm concerned by any confusion. Designers spent time making something and any barrier to its use is unfortunate.

Another alternative (not a good one in my opinion) could be that Science boff power list which secondary deflectors affect them. While I'd take time to look over the powers I'm not sure other players might. But I think that option

Joined STO in September 2010.