test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loading Screen Freeze/Crash issue

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
Every 2nd load screen I get freezes/crashes Gameclient.
For example... I start on DS9, go to Tzenkethi Front (doesn't have to be an STF, could be any place) and then when the STF is over and I click on Leave I get the loading screen. It generally gets to 40xx and then everything freezes up. Even the little flashing strings of numbers. This started happening since 2/13 after I did a PWE Support suggested Force Verify to try to fix an unrelated issue. Nothing else, to my knowledge, has changed w/ my PC.

I have tried:
Getting updated video driver.
Turned off On Demand Patching so it gets EVERYTHING patched. (It took awhile!)
Safe Mode.
Changed my graphics down to medium from Very High.
2 more Force Verifys.

I have to use the Task Manager to close Gameclient and restart the game. This essentially makes the game unplayable when you can't do anything w/o getting a Load Screen between locations.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Most of my toons return to DS9 after STFs. Now it appears that returning there is more problematic than returning other places. But by no means it is the only place that does it. Just had 8 toons do CCA, and 7 return to DS9 and all froze up. The one on New Romulus made it back.
  • Options
    rotorblade573rotorblade573 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I have the exact same issue. Since about 1 week ago, I believe there was a follow up unannounced patch (within 24 hours) to the 02/08/17 patch that did it. Only option left to us is to uninstall and then reload game.
  • Options
    grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    One thing that made a huge difference for me was turning on the Reduced File Streaming option in the Advanced tab. Since I did that, my system hardly ever freezes during map transfers.
  • Options
    rotorblade573rotorblade573 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Thanks. That change made a difference. Working now.
  • Options
    One thing that made a huge difference for me was turning on the Reduced File Streaming option in the Advanced tab. Since I did that, my system hardly ever freezes during map transfers.

Yeah, it was turned off, I turned it on and, so far, I've not had that issue. Thanks for the tip!