What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Alliance

2»

Comments

• Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    This might work if there was a character flag for "has completed the alliance episode" and players with that flag were placed into separate instances.

Low-level players would see only their own faction. Once they were part of the alliance then the KDF or feds would show up.

I like this idea very much.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Teaming? Sure
    Ships? Faction ships should remain as they are.
    Armadas? Undecided.
    Social Zone Access? My take is a bit different...

Instead of unlocking ESD for the KDF, for example, why not create a social zone that is accessible by all players either past a certain level (50-60) or have the new social zone as a mission unlock.

One option is to have a "mostly-completed" New Romulus as the "Alliance" social zone instead of making a new zone for it.

Alternatively, update and release the Captain's Table for access by everyone. I seriously doubt many LTSers would see a problem with that... I definitely won't. The asset is already in the game and would probably make more sense as far as time needed to update it and to add a few things to bring it up to par with other social zones. There are already representatives from the major factions already there, and it makes more sense "theme-wise".

Keep ESD as it is... for the lower levels and attention-****.

The Captain's Table would be a great idea. I barely see any one in there anymore. With your idea it would bring the place back to life.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    This might work if there was a character flag for "has completed the alliance episode" and players with that flag were placed into separate instances.

Low-level players would see only their own faction. Once they were part of the alliance then the KDF or feds would show up.
    I wondered about this approach myself. With AoY, player's at ESD see only AoY player's of those levels. Completely immersed in that specific time setting. A touch that I happen to like.

For the end game, Earth orbit/ESD and Qo'noS/First City instances exclusively for Level 50 (post Delta Alliance?) player's might make more sense.

However, the plot-hole in my approach are the starship designs. Which, supposedly, are commissioned during the Iconian War arc and going forward. Which, technically, wouldn't yet be seen in the 1-49 space instances. Since some are often designed to improve from Level 40, would that be something worth hand-waving in this example?

* Edited for incomplete thoughts.
    Post edited by psiameese on
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)