test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GeForce graphics card..

marko0506marko0506 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hi guys, I have no idea if this question was asked before, so I am sorry in advance if it was. I have a Intel HD graphics that I currently play with. My laptop has Nvidia Ge Force 940m graphics and I cant seem to switch from Intel to Nvidia. In the game options there is a dropdown menu where you can choose from a list of Directx thingies, but they all connected to Intel. Is there a way to activate, so to say, Nvidia graphics card? Thank you all in advance.

Answers

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I believe you'll have to select the NVidia card though your Windows control panel, not from inside the game. Once that's done, you'll also have to plug in your monitor to the actual graphics card, instead of the original mobo video port...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    - Right click on the desktop.
    - Click on Nvidia Control Panel.
    - In Manage 3D settings make the Global Settings tab preferred graphics processor is set to Auto-select; not integrated graphics.
    - Launch the game and check if STO is using the nVidia 940m.

- If it does not go back into the Nvidia Control Panel and in Manage 3D settings click the Program Settings tab.
    - Search for STO and in the preferred graphics processor drop down select High Performance nVidia processor.