test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Romulus adventure zone missions NOT accessable!

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
edited February 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ticket #4,346,497

On BOTH my Delta Recruit and now my AoY character I cannot get into "Secret Shuttle Codes", "Web Access" or "Secrets of the Ancients" WHY?!
I thought it was maybe because I hadn't done the story-line missions, but now that's all finished and when I go to the 'door' of any of these it is not flashing like it should as an active doorway. Can this please get fixed?

There's an old thread about this I made when my Delta Recruit had this issue from May 2016 called "Can't finish the New Romulus Rep Story missions" about the same thing!

*and every time my AoY toon beams down, I'm forced to watch the D'Tan & Obiesk cutscene
*Foreman Kylor does nothing. Isn't he supposed to be the kick off point?
Post edited by dracounguis on

Comments

• Options
    ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I got this bug too, on my KDF toon. Can't access any of the New Rom ground or space dailies.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    You did not do the New Romulus line. Just general notes, being unable to help much specifically:

Like a bug hunter/other said, in order to even start it, you have to be first sent there by Romulan ambassador (AoY/other fed: an NPC near Quinn, or from DS9, Delta depends on faction, may be KDF - then Quonos/DS9's Romulan Ambassador)

However it's not always so simple, and I don't have an ability to help in all cases regarding how to get this quest; sometimes doing a Borg line quest (report to and the last one?) may help, or removing anything which blocks lines above such as Obisek's talking quest. But this is unclear. Sometimes you get auto hail at 50, but else you may try to talk with the Romulan Ambassador, and while near it, interact with anything in J->available, check J->In progress and even check J->Episodes->NR for anything that was done or can be done... You will hopefuly be eventually able to be sent to NR and/or get the 1st quest in NR line somehow.

Either way, once SENT to New Romulus, (then you will have 1st quest in NR line in progress likely) THEN go there and THEN talk to 2-3 people on the stage according to your quest description by the order given there. *You may have a new cut scene there too.

This way you do first non replay-able quest on NR line, then you can accept and do/skip other quests in this line in J->Episodes->NR. (see notes bellow before doing all)

Notes: You may replay those beside the 1st one. You probably need to take/have in progress overgrown caves or something like that, web access and the last quest in NR line. I'd suggest you to do the last quest (in line, and the last instance) for rep 4 and 5 together at once, it's the best. (otherwise you will need to re-take the related quests in J->Episodes->NR to complete the rep quest objective)

Note that for reputation T1 you will have a console at the staging area. Don't forget to submit/fully interact with things relevant to reputation objectives, and complete ALL relevant reputation related objectives before leaving an instance (else you will have to replay the related J->episodes->NR quest for completing it later)

Completing all rep 5's quest objectives (including signaling D'tan and such) while making the last quest in NR line grants you a nice reward e.g. dilithium and reputations and more. (You may have to switch a map before you get it but do NOT exit this last instance before completing ALL the related rep objectives else you will have to replay it from the start, as said.)
  • Options
    You did not do the New Romulus line.

I'm level 55. I have done the actual Romulan storyline, all the New Romulous quests are greyed out.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I meant the greyed out line which is called NEW ROMULUS.
    THIS is the line now linked with that zone and sadly with those reputations quests.

Are you a Romulan? Those seem for me to have the most difficulties, and I think the KDF ones are the worst, but it's still doable. It may be that some non skip-able or non skipped/done quests in above lines (such as talking to Obisek's - A non obvious KDF rom blocker, I think. Should be done in your case though as you said) or some yesterday's war line quests are blocking something? As a Romulan, you may have to interact with J->info first to see the level 43 Yesterday's War quest (which seems to be blocking of some lines) after you have finished the level twenty quest in Yesterday's War line.

It could alternatively be that a Borg quest or two which seem to be blocked by yesterday's war quests as well (report to Romulan Ambassador - which I think is non skip-able - and maybe last Borg quest) could help trigger some thing - I really don't know.

I can't help you regarding this but somehow it needs to trigger BEING sent to New Romulus by a Romulan Ambassador (DS9 for all/near Quinn's in its office/in Qonos depends on your faction) by either auto hail/talk to the Romulan Ambassador/check availability of quests or check J->episodes->NR, and hopefully getting the 1st quest in your gray line into progress (you can check also J->episodes->in progress to see if the quest is in progress) before trying to get to New Romulus, or at least somehow have it in progress when arriving there, which only happens if you were SENT there by the Romulan ambassador before.

BEING SENT to New Romulus by a quest/Romulan ambassador is the first crucial step. (after that, you go to NR and THEN talk to two or three people on the stage by the order listed for you in the quest. After this first quest, your obstacle is removed and you can skip/accept by order then theoretically do all the relevant quests in NR)

To enter any instance you must have the matching J->Episodes->New Romulus' quest active/taken, no evade from this. (as said, sometimes replays are needed - in case you did the quest but didn't yet do the related reputation quest together with it while inside the instance)

Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    Re-doing the Borg arc seems to have enabled them. I think I have done that arc 4 or 5 times since I first started playing all those years ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Adding: Thanks for the info ragestroke008 :)

Just noting reardless, the game underwent some changes which could have an effect here, and the overall effect seems synergetic in this regard albeit being non totally clear to me. The details here may be inaccurate.

1. borg and breen arc replaced (this beside cardasian line revamp which seems not so relevant, along with some level changes)
    2a. yesterday's war line is mandatory for chars which did not skip up to borg and breen togther it seems though I am unsure of the details. I think this line is nice, it's just that some troubles occurred in the combination.
    2b. new chars are seemingly always having yesterday's war blocking requirements while old chars may have it without realizing or not having the requirement as all as a blocker for any story lines (skipped enough already). Behavior is inconsistent and not fully expected though it seems from my own experience, there is (up to now) always a solution finally. Some people may be stuck "in the limbo" somewhere between the area of breen/borg lines as well until yesterday's war quest is done due to the switched order while in a partial doing or skipping and new requirements.
    3. on the top of this all, NR was becoming a LINE, with a strange requirement and linkage to the reputations' quest, which is required for making the reputation quests (while the last reputation quest is required to get the 5 reputation tier's bonus as well)
    4. Things stopped being intuitive in this regard for new characters or for old characters who used to the old line order/skipping quests/having not many blockers/having the story done/being stuck between lines and not having idea why due to the switch of borg and breen together with yesterday's war line quest, having to redo quests they know the have done before (borg? romulan story which is now in a line?) or less obvious reasons such as Obisek's quests for KDF Romulans or having to interact with info to even see the continuation of yesterday's war for romulans, or any other reason I can't even imagine. The requirements for those story and reputations quests in the past were really mild (basically being 50, and probably a bit of talking which was easy to do, being of the right reputation tier when doing a reputation tier quest) what which may be very confusing for returning players or those with old chars. Especially if they are blocked now or have a grayed line (playable or not) or replayed the same named related story quests already before the relevant reputation quests were done.

This combination, though described non accurately and generally, makes it IMO a bug/very undesirable "feature".

BTW a similar nausence happens in delta line, (less skipable, reputation area combined in a story line) but this is non bugged and intentional unlike this situation IMO which had caused a very undesirable confusing effect even by those who are willing to do all relevant quests.
    Declaring I've made this (NR, Kobali) successfully on my all 9 old and new characters: fed rom, kdf rom, AoY and other fed chars all though. Still I stand for this NR behavior being undesirable, maybe buggy, and inconsistent.
  • Options
    I've done all the NR storylines. I've been doing the missions sequentially and am now at "Of Bajor". I didn't even start the Romulan Rep till after the NR storylines were done either. At least to me, the sticking point seems to be Foreman Kylor. He does not have a [!] over his head so I cannot get a tour of the place like my older toons can get.
    screenshot_2017-02-12-23-37-23_zpsxnkmmmqn.jpg

I'll try the Borg arc again and see if I can hunt down an 'invite' to New Romulus. But I find it very strange that both my Delta Recruit and my AoY toon both just happened to not get the 'invite'.
  • Options
    Ok, I think I'm a complete moron... :s I was confusing the Romulan Mystery arc with the New Romulus arc. I got on my Delta Recruit and he was just at the start of the NR arc and I've done the first couple of mission and it looks like once I get through the first missions I'll be able to get into the Mountain Pass and etc. But seeing how it's 1am, that will have to wait till later.

I think part of my confusion (other than my original runs of this was back in LoR launch) it was that after getting Tier 1 Romulan Rep, I was able to view the recording you find in the long grass by the wall that is the 'reward' for claiming Tier 1. After that all the 'rewards' for claiming tiers are locked because the are ALSO steps in the NR story arc. (I'm not sure they were like that back in LoR?)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    You are fine - it's a new (and sometimes confusing IMO) change.

Yes, your Delta char seems fine :) No cutscene = allegedly 1st quest considered done already.
    just remember that for reputation related quests it will need to have the relevant NR line quest accepted/in progress (so might need a replay if done before) even if you play it before you earn the reputation tier relevant to the line quest's instance and even if you did not complete the reputation mission while within the instance or didn't fully interact with relevant consoles (e.g. pressed submit) or in case you complete the tier 4 reputation mission while being in last instance while still not completing (or having) the tier 5 reputation mission then.

Good luck with the AoY char - once finally being able to be sent to NR by Romulan Ambassador which is in Quinn's office (or auto hail from him), then go to NR and talk to the 2-3 NPC's on the stage by the order noted by your (1st in NR line's) quest. Then you can get the sequential quests in that line by order. (again, mind you that reputation quests beside the console require the relevant line quest active to be able to enter the instance, even if the quest was done before, so replay of such might be needed)
    You said you will try the borg in order to try to trigger it - I hope borg line quest would help you if stuck, like ragestroke008 suggested

Reminder for later just for completeness: quests are generally accepted and replayed there by J->Episodes->New Romulus, can be skipped all but the 1st or played in order. Sometimes you may have some of those quests in progress, saying in case you try to replay and can't while doing the quests above it already. The 1st one is not re-playable but for this quest a replay is not needed. Quests may have to be active (accepted/in progress, including replays) in order to enter the matching instance (e.g. for the relevant matching reputation quests.)

Tried to summarize things even if bad in words, just in case. Good luck :)

P.S.
    the reason NR line seems gray for your Delta char seems to be not doing the yesterday's line (fully. It can be tried later if you want but it's non mandatory for that char). However your Delta char is not limited by it at least as it was probably doing (or more generally, skipping) into both the breen and borg lines or otherwise arrived to NR line before and seems fine (unsure of the NR line requirements). Some of my old chars are like this in a way and had no issues.
    Your AoY might have to do the level 43 yesterday's line quest, if not done yet, to even approach the borg line though, no idea if it's a real blocker (as said I don't know the NR line requirements) but it could be. It is a borg line blocker for new characters. (making level 50 quest in yesterday's war and also "releasing" the borg line fully should hopefully release gray color from that line on your AoY (there is a chance some quests like talking to Obisek needed cosmetically for this though too, but it's not a blocker for AoY's), but the level 50 one may not be necessary for that probably and the gray color won't affect you once can take NR line quests.) Still, you would do the level 43 quest in yesterday's war anyway on your AoY as I understand (needed once), if trying the borg line's quests.
  • Options
    gamesweetg#7900 gamesweetg Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'm experiencing this issue as well. I've done all of AoY missions. And when I visited New Romulus. I did see a storyline cutscene. But after that had finished. I went to that staging area npc to acquire the daily mission. But there's no daily mission options. Same with the other daily missions around the other areas.

I've tried all my characters that can access New Romulus staging area. But get the same result.

My main level 60 original Federation character has Tier 5 of New Romulus reputation and completed all Romulan standard Romulan episode missions. But I was hoping to earn more marks so I can get the rest of the equipment sets.

I've even seen other players baffled as well on New Romulus standing confused at each npcs.

If there were such changes on accessing the New Romulus daily missions. There should've been a tutorial explaining what you need to do in order to access them.

I have sent a bug report to GM in game about it. Since I'm very sure that this is a bug. Since others are experiencing this issue as well.
    star_trek_online_forum_sig02xGDhA_display.gif
    Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
    Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
    YouTube | Wordpress | Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Terraria Project |
  • Options
    wrayth69#1014 wrayth69 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Had problems getting Secret Shuttle Codes and the other extra New Romulus assignments, went to the areas and couldn't find them. Then found that you actually have to go into your Missions and REPLAY those missions in order to achieve the secret missions.

So just re-run the mission that corresponds to the secret mission. Mountain Base, Underground Base, etc.

No sure why the system waited until after you complete New Romulus before giving you these secret missions, but there you go. Just replay the mission corresponding to the correct area for whichever secret mission you are on.

As for the Daily Missions, if you are talking about the Radioactive Scans, you must actually scan a radioactive gas on New Romulus before you can do the Daily Mission of same. You can usually find a cloud in the staging area near a back wall that points towards the Embassy.

Hope some of this helps.
  • Options
    I got a reply from web support. Apparently they're aware of this issue. But they turned around and replied to me saying they're not going to fix the problem.
    Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
    Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
  • Options
    direwolf016#2451 direwolf016 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    This has been this way from the start (on console, at least)... You just have to replay the corresponding episode linked to the instance you need to get to--and it's kinda/sorta win-win, as you can get your daily marks if you hadn't got them.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    This has been this way from the start (on console, at least)... You just have to replay the corresponding episode linked to the instance you need to get to--and it's kinda/sorta win-win, as you can get your daily marks if you hadn't got them.

Which episode is it for Fed characters?

Edit: Nevermind I've just found them. I didn't know the daily missions were moved into Episodes New Romulus tab. Here's me visiting the npc's for them. But appears they don't do that anymore.
    Post edited by gamesweetg#7900 on
  • Options
    direwolf016#2451 direwolf016 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    As far as I've seen, only certain "fetch this" objectives are given by various NPCs--like the radiation scans, the New Romulus research, mysterious plants, etc--none of which provide marks.
  • Options
    As far as I've seen, only certain "fetch this" objectives are given by various NPCs--like the radiation scans, the New Romulus research, mysterious plants, etc--none of which provide marks.

Yeah that is all I've seen with those other NPC's. The only ones I've noticed was the research Epoh tags, glowing plants, resonating rocks, and the radiation one you've mentioned.

But what I can't understand is. What was the point of moving the New Romulus daily missions into the Episodes tab? Are they going to do that with other system or places daily missions as well like the Defera Invasion Zone, Voth Ground Battle zone, etc?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    They did a similar thing integrating Kobali Prime missions into the delta arc, but it's not causing such as the above (though at least one such quest is non skippable)

I hope they learn form this experience with NR what NOT to do, though.

P.S.
    Characters, including alts, have suddenly really a lot to do/attend for at levels 50, 51 and maybe even 52(-53) in order to merely unlock some basic play-ability options or aspects (and currently some things are unclear/inconsistent as well), I don't think the developers should make it harder/more stressed/more laud at this level range by this NR mess, let alone for each and every alt which wants those basic play-ability options. And no, in my opinion, it's not the way to productively level/smoothly play a story line. That saying still even while having all my 9 chars being level 60 and beyond those NR obstacles (and other basic unlocks too) already and while enjoying playing those when having time etc and still planning to quest more.

If you put a new obstacle, by all means, at least elaborate on it so that people could at least do the missions the way you intended. (No, reading those patch notes was not enough as you see, even to help others in this regard as behavior significantly changed in a way not listed specifically and is also inconsistent, as I see it.)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Be sure you clear the 'Yesterday's War' Arc which can be a blocker for Breen and maybe others.

See Romulan Ambassador on your Homeworld.

Go to New Romulus to the Staging Area.

See Cutscene with D'Tan.

Get Missions from the Arc in your Journal.

See your Starfleet or KDF Rep right below the Platform where the Forman is.

Overgrown Caves and Underground Caves requires you be at Tier 1 and 2 (or Tier 2 and 3) respectively to run.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    leenaz#5089 leenaz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I have similar problem on x1...cannot do access shuttle reco ding in mountain pass.
    I also even replay mission mountain pass still same...the civillian didnt had any mission for me after i complete mountain base replay
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    On topic: J->episodes->new romulus->mountain base (replay if possible)

Off topic: Unbelievable. second time today - I suspect something is wrong.
    If anybody erased it, please stop erasing my posts. I invest time and efforts and this one was helpful IMO.

This erase/post restart (automatically or not) made it possibly less helpful as some consideration won't be posted now. I don't intend to try again any soon to make my posts again and again or shortened after those disappear.

Edit: There IS indeed something wrong. It happened thrice. looks like I can't post until my posts are approved, and I caught that late. Either system is having that automatically (which is bad when people have difficulty posting and need editing a lot) or that people delete my posts for being too long/edited too much (which I can understand, but is bad IMO and takes my all motivation.)

As said elsewhere I will NOT try hardly to shorten and mine my posts next time it happens, as it's hard and info which I think useful/crucial is lost, and will try only to base on original edit if I have those saved, and if post is lost, so be it. I added some off topic rant ,I know :) but did I really have any choice here? Anyway, done with this off topic here. Sorry.
  • Options
    leenaz#5089 leenaz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Ok i now complete my mission on montain base....need to replay mountainbase mission in order to do shuttle recording mission....both mission complete at the same time
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    On topic: J->episodes->new romulus->mountain base (replay if possible)

Off topic: Unbelievable. second time today - I suspect something is wrong.
    If anybody erased it, please stop erasing my posts. I invest time and efforts and this one was helpful IMO.

This erase/post restart (automatically or not) made it possibly less helpful as some consideration won't be posted now. I don't intend to try again any soon to make my posts again and again or shortened after those disappear.

Edit: There IS indeed something wrong. It happened thrice. looks like I can't post until my posts are approved, and I caught that late. Either system is having that automatically (which is bad when people have difficulty posting and need editing a lot) or that people delete my posts for being too long/edited too much (which I can understand, but is bad IMO and takes my all motivation.)

As said elsewhere I will NOT try hardly to shorten and mine my posts next time it happens, as it's hard and info which I think useful/crucial is lost, and will try only to base on original edit if I have those saved, and if post is lost, so be it. I added some off topic rant ,I know :) but did I really have any choice here? Anyway, done with this off topic here. Sorry.

Do you have conspiracy theory issues? The forum currently has some sort of bug where people's posts are getting deleted, usually if you edit your own post.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    It's not a conspiracy theory, it's just me trying to figure out what's wrong, and it seems allegedly an automated system when multi editing of a post (maybe a too long one, maybe in short interval) happens - possibly some automated spam protection.

And since it happened ~5 times up to now since the 1st time yesterday, I am now more sure (albeit not knowing the details). Though now it allows me to post unlike with other topic (not needed anymore though) - in which a small note appeared after some red note line appeared - this comment will appear after it is approved.

And NO, it's not personal, off course :) However as one with difficulties in posting it bothers me more.

But if it's a bug, then sorry about my previous post.

Doesn't matter. I didn't intend to held this discussion here (in this topic) or now. Rant close from my side. Sorry again.
  • Options
    shadowwraith#9264 shadowwraith Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I am having a problem with this as well with my KDF character

going to new romulus just repeats the starting cutscene, Kylor is non-interactive and speaking to the romulan ambassador on Qo'nos does not trigger it either.

my fed character is currently nearly tier 2 in the rep but my KDF character can't even start it.

Yesterday's war is 100% done, the new romulus episode missions are locked despite being level 53 on that character
    • Draal - FED, Saurian, LV60 - TAC
    • Mirak - FED 23c, Vulkan, LV60 - TAC
    • Ascaran Bloodclaw - KDF, Gorn, Lv18 - TAC
    • Melchiah - KDF, Gorn, LV60 - TAC
    • Ne'roon - KDF,Lethian, L60, TAC
    • Turel - ROM-KDF, Reman, 30, TAC
    • Elric - ROM-Fed, Romulan, L60, TAC
    • Richtor Belmont - FED 23c, Human,LV20, SCI
    • G'Kar - KDF, Gorn, L10

USS Sharlin NCC79713 B (part of sheridans access code) - T6, Hestia Class Advanced Escort
    USS Babylon IV - T6 Krenim Science Vessel
    USS Brakiri - T6 Elachi Escort
    270?cb=20061004071055
    "I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star."
    "We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

– Grey Council greeting