test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Non-responding servers, lags, and disconnects...

2»

Comments

• Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Odd, I've never heard anyone complain about the Ocompa mission.

Jeez.. Sometimes I think you don't even play the game. For as long as I've been playing the game (only a year and a half now), every so often someone brings it up. Here's just a few threads where it gets mentioned.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/12760877
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1170735/bad-fps-in-ocampa-freighter-patrol
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/12311249
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1168448/cant-run-some-missions
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13029928

This one is great as it appears some dev came in and said they'd look into it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3axjlk/devs_please_make_an_option_to_turn_off_your_fancy/
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i had issues with it back on my old hardware config, but i haven't done that mission since upgrading, so i don't know if it's still an issue for me personally​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,348 Community Moderator
    When I first started playing STO, I did so on the computer I owned before the one I'm using now. It was everything I could hope for in a Star Trek MMO. I thought the tutorial was pretty awesome at the time (back when Zachary Quinto had a bigger part as the EMH). Then I hit ESD for the first time. I was paralyzed. My character couldn't move the lag was so bad. For me, the game was suddenly and completely unplayable. Was that Cryptic's fault? No. It was mine, because my machine couldn't handle it. That machine died soon after, and I bought a new one that could actually handle the demands of the game (at that time). That was 5 years ago, and my computer has been chugging along just fine without the reported issues that others have. Are there coding issues that cause problems for players? Yes, and Cryptic has and is addressing those where they can. But in the end, they can only "dumb down" the coding of the game so far, and then you'll still have to have a computer that can run it. Perhaps, what Cryptic should do is revise the minimum system requirements to play the game instead.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    When I first started playing STO, I did so on the computer I owned before the one I'm using now. It was everything I could hope for in a Star Trek MMO. I thought the tutorial was pretty awesome at the time (back when Zachary Quinto had a bigger part as the EMH). Then I hit ESD for the first time. I was paralyzed. My character couldn't move the lag was so bad. For me, the game was suddenly and completely unplayable. Was that Cryptic's fault? No. It was mine, because my machine couldn't handle it. That machine died soon after, and I bought a new one that could actually handle the demands of the game (at that time). That was 5 years ago, and my computer has been chugging along just fine without the reported issues that others have. Are there coding issues that cause problems for players? Yes, and Cryptic has and is addressing those where they can. But in the end, they can only "dumb down" the coding of the game so far, and then you'll still have to have a computer that can run it. Perhaps, what Cryptic should do is revise the minimum system requirements to play the game instead.

It has little to do with the machine. I'm running STO on a brand new Acer Predator. It can handle almost any game on max settings. Yet when I play STO the game freezes almost every time I switch maps - this never happened on my old computer that could barely handle the game on the lowest settings. Are you telling me that my brand new computer is a machine that can't handle STO? The game has become unplayable because I can't even transfer maps without the loading screen freezing up, then crashing, then logging in again and hoping it works.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,348 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Yet my el cheapo stock laptop I bought at a pawn shop with no aftermarket parts at all runs STO smooth as glass and I can count the number of crashes in the last 2 years on 1 hand.

I also have a not optimal laptop that I'll use occasionally when my wife is using the desktop. It runs STO fine, too. The graphics aren't as robust, but I don't have any problems playing. I've done runs during Summer and Winter Events, Crystalline Cataclysm and Mirror Universe Invasion, Borg and Tholian Red Alerts. No issues.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I've been d/c only a couple times since the Anniversary/S12 stuff started. Get a few hitches in the Omega game, but nothing major. Every now and then my Omega game shuts off before it's finished and only gives me what went through at the time. It was doing that last year too, so no surprises there.

The Ocampa mission is always laggy for me. Always.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D