test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just realied.. did not get Holo Leeta

Comments

• theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Have you contacted customer service yet? And asked nicely?

They're giving me the same bull about time has past you all are giving me here. I am having it escalated up.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Have you contacted customer service yet? And asked nicely?

They're giving me the same bull about time has past you all are giving me here. I am having it escalated up.
    How is it bull since it's fully spelled out and you neglected to follow directions?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    If anyone should be disciplined over this, it's the rep that actually agreed to have this escalated ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    You know those kids that throw a tantrum in a store, and don't stop til their parents (who fail at parenting) give in and get them whatever toy they were whining about? They grow up to be this.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    You know those kids that throw a tantrum in a store, and don't stop til their parents (who fail at parenting) give in and get them whatever toy they were whining about? They grow up to be this.

Ha ha ha
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,745 Community Moderator
    [Snowflake Mk XIV]
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    I wonder if the OP is related to that guy who was posting in Ten Forward a while back about how he was "robed" by Cryptic and was contacting the authorities. Either way, this guys threads are just as entertaining.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    [Snowflake Mk XIV]

Epic
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edrogen wrote: »
    [Snowflake Mk XIV]

Epic

[EntitledX3]
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    What we are seeing here is an example of the Epidemic that is choking our society today. "What Epidemic is this?" you ask.

Voluntary Illiteracy. The deliberate choice not to read for comprehension.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Special Snowflake mk XIV [Entitled]x2 [Rage]
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.

Needs a set bonus
    eaY7Xxu.png
    If anyone should be disciplined over this, it's the rep that actually agreed to have this escalated ...

I see it as at least someone is doing their job in trying to actually 'help.'

And i would totally rock that special snowflake MK 14 device proudly.

Nah. In some CS jobs, escalation doesn't just happen to things that are priority, they happen to customers who are enough of a jerk the front line employee shouldn't have to handle them but not enough of a jerk that the employee just gets to hit the "Release Call" button. Did seasonal phone work for a major retailer a few years back, only had to "Release Call" twice, but more often than that, I pushed calls up the line even though I knew the answer was "No." We were instructed to do so, probably because they knew they weren't paying us enough to take that abuse.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock

Needs a set bonus

Hyper Ego Mk XIV [Vain]x2 [Stubborn]

2 Piece Bonus: Solar-Axis: The sun now revolves around you.
    edited January 2017

I see it as at least someone is doing their job in trying to actually 'help.'

Yeah, they can't afford to pay the front line enough to deal with you.
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    It's also that sometimes people won't accept a "no" given by a front line employee, but will accept a "No" from a supervisor.

Either way, I wouldn't expect anything from escalations, mostly because the promo's expired and it's not Cryptic's fault OP failed to read.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    If you snooze, you lose. You had to spend at least $50 during a special promo; if you didn't -- and there may be entirely valid reasons for having missed it -- then that's sad, for you, but still not Cryptic's fault. I've missed many of these promos over the years: never blamed Cryptic for it, though. Leeta I got, simply because I saw the promo mentioned somewhere. Others I was completely oblivious of. But always own it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    It was very clear. I lost a whole load of points as I had more to spend than I had to spend it on. I did manage to provide a second C-Store Promotion unlock for Leeta. I had one from the Groupees giveaway from last year and one from this. This one gave a Leeta Choice - Dabo/Mirror. You cannot have both types of Leeta activated at the same time.

You could not claim a Tier more than once. Actually, you could, the site would eat the points but not award say another R&D Pack or Delta Alliance Duty Officer Pack.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I think the issue is that OP did spend $50, but failed to actually use the points given for the promo. It's not that the OP failed to take advantage of the promo, it's that OP failed to read HOW to take advantage of the promo.

Edit: As is, shouldn't this thread be in the support section?
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User

Customers do have a right to request an escalation to a supervisor. But the supervisor can simply deny the request for the Holo-Leeta Boff because the promotional page did state that the points earn by purchasing Zen must be redeemed before they expire.

• tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I really don't understand this thread other than it being a "I screwed up but won't admit it so will blame the company". The page says buy Zen, get points you can use to unlock other stuff. It follows up with the list of things you can unlock with those points. And right after that it says you have to spend those points before Dec 12th, roughly 2 weeks after the promo. It's crystal clear.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I think the issue is that OP did spend $50, but failed to actually use the points given for the promo. It's not that the OP failed to take advantage of the promo, it's that OP failed to read HOW to take advantage of the promo.

Isn't that just semantics? Judging by his start post, the OP was completely oblivious to the promo at the time, and just so happened to have spent (more than) enough money during the time of said promo. I mean, it's one thing if he couldn't find the web page or something, but he was, at a time, even blissfully unaware of any such promo. That means he basically just 'accidentally' met one of the conditions, but failed to fulfill the other(s). It's like winning the lottery, and then not show up to claim your good fortune. The promo clearly called for the players to actively claim their winnings. And he didn't. Primarily because he didn't even know there was a promo going on. I say he has no case.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    bergins wrote: »

Needs a set bonus

well played :)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

Nah. In some CS jobs, escalation doesn't just happen to things that are priority, they happen to customers who are enough of a jerk the front line employee shouldn't have to handle them but not enough of a jerk that the employee just gets to hit the "Release Call" button. Did seasonal phone work for a major retailer a few years back, only had to "Release Call" twice, but more often than that, I pushed calls up the line even though I knew the answer was "No." We were instructed to do so, probably because they knew they weren't paying us enough to take that abuse.

Been there, done that. 5+years in a call center. Yes, they escalated you to free up the agents time, and the supervisor (when they call you back) will either deny, or escalate you further (if there is a further in their company). Either way, sorry to say it, the fault on this is on the OP. Failure to follow directions is not a valid reason for complaint.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Well darn, on the main screen the title of this thread appears to say "lust realied...." and mentions holo Leeta, so of course I come in to check it out..........only to find it actually says "Just realized" ....

sigh
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
    Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the OP will inform us when they get their firm "No." from whoever takes care of the escalation? I'm thinking we will never see them in this thread again out of embarrassment
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    There was a special web page linked to the web page that showed the rewards and/or linked to the zen purchase web page on the Arc/Cryptic/PWE website in which you chose your reward for purchasing zen through the website. Meaning not in game through steam etc.

My understanding of the wording was that you received "points" for spending certain amounts of money and those points had an expiration date that has long since passed.

Wait.. what? .... *RAGE METER BUILDING...

6c7eabed3aca441ec450a4d8c1a866af842ddbedc44ec18099a476fa5b3320e7.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

Needs a set bonus

I am the center of the universe if the universe is infinite. Of course, every other point of the universe would be the center of the universe as well.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

It's even more appropriate since the weapon mark matches your apparent age.
    Insert witty signature line here.