What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Season 12 Giveaways Day 5!

124»

Comments

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    nivek#4912 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I did not see your post. I didn't make it to 50 :(

Bummer, man. Doesn't mean you still can't do it, though.

Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • nivek#4912 nivek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @themadprofessor#9835 said:
    > nivek nivek#4912
    >
    > wrote: »
    >
    > Unfortunately I did not see your post. I didn't make it to 50 :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Bummer, man. Doesn't mean you still can't do it, though.

It actually does, because the giveaway ended at 9am today.

Also, there is another massive problem with trying to get help in STO: I'm prevented from speaking in the zone. Even at level 20 I was prevented from asking people for help. I could ONLY receive help from people watching my stream.

This game is fun, the storylines are enjoyable, but the experience in trying to play with other characters is painful and preventative. I couldn't ask for help, I couldn't find groups, I couldn't queue up, and I couldn't get answers from anyone associated with this game regarding their anniversary prizes.

I'm putting up my let's plays on my site, be warned, strong language, I am a streamer: www.dailymotion.com/OnceMoreGaming
    > nivek nivek#4912
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately I did not see your post. I didn't make it to 50 :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Bummer, man. Doesn't mean you still can't do it, though.

It actually does, because the giveaway ended at 9am today.

Also, there is another massive problem with trying to get help in STO: I'm prevented from speaking in the zone. Even at level 20 I was prevented from asking people for help. I could ONLY receive help from people watching my stream.

This game is fun, the storylines are enjoyable, but the experience in trying to play with other characters is painful and preventative. I couldn't ask for help, I couldn't find groups, I couldn't queue up, and I couldn't get answers from anyone associated with this game regarding their anniversary prizes.

I'm putting up my let's plays on my site, be warned, strong language, I am a streamer: www.dailymotion.com/OnceMoreGaming

Why are you prevented from speaking in Zone Chat? Were you a naughty, foul-mouthed person?

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    edited January 2017
    > nivek nivek#4912
    >
    >
    > > @themadprofessor#9835 said:
    > > nivek nivek#4912
    > >
    > > wrote: »
    > >
    > > Unfortunately I did not see your post. I didn't make it to 50 :(
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Bummer, man. Doesn't mean you still can't do it, though.
    >
    > It actually does, because the giveaway ended at 9am today.
    >
    > Also, there is another massive problem with trying to get help in STO: I'm prevented from speaking in the zone. Even at level 20 I was prevented from asking people for help. I could ONLY receive help from people watching my stream.
    >
    > This game is fun, the storylines are enjoyable, but the experience in trying to play with other characters is painful and preventative. I couldn't ask for help, I couldn't find groups, I couldn't queue up, and I couldn't get answers from anyone associated with this game regarding their anniversary prizes.
    >
    > I'm putting up my let's plays on my site, be warned, strong language, I am a streamer: www.dailymotion.com/OnceMoreGaming
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Why are you prevented from speaking in Zone Chat? Were you a naughty, foul-mouthed person?

"New Accounts are Prohibited from Speaking in Zone Chat for a Period of Time" Even after 48 hours of account creation, with a level 37 character, I am still unable to ask for help in the zone chat.

in otherwords, if you're a new character, all you can do is talk in /say, and hope to god that someone close enough to read your text is willing to help you.

I understand trying to limit spam and gold sellers, but when a player is level 20, it directly interferes with their ability to receive assistance on hard levels. Basically, ***This Game Hates New Players*** - and that's a cryin' shame because it's an otherwise enjoyable game.
  • knuckledragger#6000 knuckledragger Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2017
    I was not able to get my free ship. It would not allow me to have it. I logged into the C store and seen the Avenger there as described at zero credits and it wouldn't allow me to click it to receive the ship. So it is a free ship you can't have unless you got the capt'n levels. That's a bit bogus.

Why can't you just get the ship and hold onto it till you got the levels to use it. Just Garage it up and lock it till the time arrives. Free isn't free. It is described as free and to just log on and claim it. But not everyone can do that it seems. If this is how it is then it should at least be stated in the same area or paragraph as ware it says that you can log on and claim it.

It is rather irritating to find out otherwise offhand later.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    Why can't you just get the ship and hold onto it till you got the levels to use it. Just Garage it up and lock it till the time arrives. Free isn't free. It is described as free and to just log on and claim it. But not everyone can do that it seems. If this is how it is then it should at least be stated in the same area or paragraph as ware it says that you can log on and claim it.

It is rather irritating to find out otherwise offhand later.

These giveaways are done by reducing the cost of the relevant item in the C-Store by 100%. This means that all other requirements for obtaining the item remain the same. It would be a huge amount of work to package each item up into a box, and make that the item that's received from the store. And then change the level requirement of this item. And then add a level requirement to the box.

It's doable of course - some ships come in boxes when you claim them from the C-Store (Intelligence ships for instance), and putting level requirements on unlocking boxes is also doable. But this would be a considerable amount of work for a limited amount of gain.

-K

• imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    I've found that newer ships (like the command assault cruiser) come in boxes, but most older ships don't. Why Cryptic doesn't change this to work with every ship idk, but it'd reduce the complaints somewhat.
    > @knuckledragger#6000 said:
    > I was not able to get my free ship. It would not allow me to have it. I logged into the C store and seen the Avenger there as described at zero credits and it wouldn't allow me to click it to receive the ship. So it is a free ship you can't have unless you got the capt'n levels. That's a bit bogus.
    >
    > Why can't you just get the ship and hold onto it till you got the levels to use it. Just Garage it up and lock it till the time arrives. Free isn't free. It is described as free and to just log on and claim it. But not everyone can do that it seems. If this is how it is then it should at least be stated in the same area or paragraph as ware it says that you can log on and claim it.
    >
    > It is rather irritating to find out otherwise offhand later.

I agree.

at the same time, I also want a ship design that I love, and just have the base stats for the ship change based on my level and items I install.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me the designs of ST ships. But I also am nostalgic, and would absolutely love to have my "hull design" of a Classic Warbird - with the stats of a De'Deridex (sp?). Like, I ownn my war bird right? Then I level up and purchase the Big Honkin Bad-A Double D. So now I have the Double D, and I change the hull design to my 23rd century Warbird.

I wish we could do that, it is fantasy, after all. People who click on my ship in battle would see that it says "De'Deridex Stats" or something like that, so there's no "cheating" or such involved.
    I've found that newer ships (like the command assault cruiser) come in boxes, but most older ships don't. Why Cryptic doesn't change this to work with every ship idk, but it'd reduce the complaints somewhat.

It's extra work on a free game. There's no profit margin to it. Simplistic explanation, but also the most likely one.

Things I want in STO:

• bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    "New Accounts are Prohibited from Speaking in Zone Chat for a Period of Time" Even after 48 hours of account creation, with a level 37 character, I am still unable to ask for help in the zone chat.
    afaik you either have to have played for mor than 20 hours or purchased zen with real money to use zone chat with a new account. but there's always local chat, although very few react to local chat.

• mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I want to say thanks, even a bit late, for the give aways. There was some nice stuff given away. Really liked it.
    Great stuff, even if i had some myself, some of my friends didn't. Thanks for the shinies!
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
    > @bellydancer42 said:
    > nivek nivek#4912
    >
    >
    > "New Accounts are Prohibited from Speaking in Zone Chat for a Period of Time" Even after 48 hours of account creation, with a level 37 character, I am still unable to ask for help in the zone chat.
    >
    >
    >
    > afaik you either have to have played for mor than 20 hours or purchased zen with real money to use zone chat with a new account. but there's always local chat, although very few react to local chat.

I played for over 20 hours, still can't speak in zone chat. In fact, I can't even post a new topic on this messageboard. Local chat didn't let me any responses. Feel free to watch my livestream - twitch.tv/ninjanezumi