test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why two space queues and no ground queues when this update adds kit crafting?

x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. A lot of people enjoy ground and you would think that given the systems development focus on Kits you'd want to exploit that with a ground queue or even a ground battlezone.

A lot of players like ground combat. Because among other things it's far more balanced since everyone does way closer to the same damage. Unlike space where the variance is over 600% between the top and bottom players.

And I'm just going to put it out there that I feel like Miner Instabilities was the most played queue in the last update. And queues like Brotherhood of the Sword, Bug Hunt and Assault on Terok Nor as well as others are still played more than there space variants.

Anyways I hope this is like last update where there is a new ground map coming out soon.
Post edited by x10110100 on

Comments

• Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Considering the way to keep the Tzen from buffing each other is tbr to spread them and then faw to kill them, I wouldn't be suprised they've cated to the masses/lowest common denominator

ground=/=kdf, after all (unlike pvp=/=roms, lol)​​
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I also prefer ground combat to flying my ship in a circle and watching BFAW do it's work and would love to see a new ground battle zone. Course the argument could be made that there's more ground maps than space. i.e. Nimbus (I suppose it doesn't count as you can't get marks etc), Nukara, Romulus, Defera, Voth and Kobali compared to what will be 4 space battlezones.

There could very well be ground stuff for the summer. Would make sense to release kit stuff now as a prelude to something later. It doesn't always seem like it, but Cryptic does do things like that.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    x10110100 wrote: »
    This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. A lot of people enjoy ground and you would think that given the systems development focus on Kits you'd want to exploit that with a ground queue or even a ground battlezone.

A lot of players like ground combat. Among other things it's far more balanced since everyone does way closer to the same damage. Unlike space where the variance is over 600% between the top and bottom players.

And I'm just going to put it out there that I feel like Miner Instabilities was the most played queue in the last update. And queues like Brotherhood of the Sword, Bug Hunt and Assault on Terok Nor as well as others are still played more than there space variants.

Anyways I hope this is like last update where there is a new ground map coming out soon.

There is virtually NO ground in STO. If you want some real ground do WOW or if you into SCI FI then SWTOR. Ground is not designed well in STO and they opt many times to increase space designs/maps since most players love easier ways to win. Ground requires higher skills than just pew..pew..pew :p
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    Moar Ground please.

I was hoping for a new Ground Battlefield, but I would have settled for a Ground queue