test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When will Kelvin timeline lock box stuff be added to Infinity boxes?

Comments

• Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Some folks cannot tolerate differences. To them, IDIC is a bad word.

Oh I can tolerate differences just fine, it's that one singular example that for some reason drives me insane, I have no idea why.

Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    nikeix wrote: »
    Did time literally just STOP for you in 2007? It's almost like when I said the decision to nail down and enforce the larger size came after that means it somehow exists in an era you. can't. see.

Cryptic has come out and said "we didn't pick the size - they told us what size to make it." You can wave your protractor and ex astris links around until the heat death of the universe, it's the size the IP holder wants it to be.

Canon trumps any single thing CBS says. That's their own damn policy, not mine. Canon shows conflicting sizes with one more common size edging out. So unless CBS change their canon policy to have their own blu-ray special features outrank canon material the canon discrepancies stay. It's really that simple.
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    You are off on the Deck size. So the Decks are 2 meters by your statement which means that the 2 meter tall Spock would be brushing his head on the overhead of every single deck. And that any personel taller then 6 feet 6 inches need not apply. In fact in reality anyone over 6 feet tall need not apply as there are places in the ship where the overhead is in fact lower the 2 meters. Oh yes there are decks that are well OVER 2 meters both in TOS and the JJ/KT timeline. Plus get the actors heights correct guy. Neither Nimoy or Quinto are taller then 6'1" or 1.88 meters easy enough to find. Oh yes there is this a Deck is bigger then the unrestriced space where you can move around. There are conduits, power supplies, lighting systems, girders and frames and so on. The actual deck would be at least 1 to 3 feet thicker in section if not more. But I bet you didn't think of that. So when guessing a Deck size don't just go on the open spaces and porthole size.

Yes, and do you know why? Because I'm rounding to ridiculously simple numbers. You can add all the leeway you want around two metres but unless you literally double the figure you do not get a ~700m ship. I did say I was breaking it down in the most simple way I could think of.
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    FYI Defiant is 170.5 meters long by 90.3 wide and 25.5 meters thick with four decks so each deck would be about six meters total (including all items mentioned earlier) which supports my comment. And awhile back Doug Drexler mentioned he and the rest of the crew had a hard time fitting a shuttle bay in and the resulting very tight restraints resulted in the unique design of her shuttle that was used in an episode or two. They had to figure out where it would be on the ship and the sizes for the rendering and studio scale models and set peices. At one time on Drexfiles he had posted a boatload of material about Defiant including deck layouts and the tiny shuttle bay.

The Defiant has five decks, that's on its MSD. It's size varies. Nothing you posted other than non-canon stats (which indecently, also change after the fact) alters that.
    IP holder determines canon whenever they please.

Randoms who do not have the right to determine what is canon are the ones who fabricate fringe "head canon" histories as a way of coping with their lack of control.

Damn skippy. Now if only there was a copy of that very policy posted a little way up the previous page...
    “Canon” in the sense that I use it is a very important tool. It only gets muddled when people try to incorporate licensed products into “canon”—and I know a lot of the fans really like to do that. Sorry, guys—not trying to rain on your parade. There’s a lot of bickering about it among fans, but in its purest sense, it’s really pretty simple: Canon is Star Trek continuity as presented on TV and Movie screens. Licensed products like books and comics aren’t part of that continuity, so they aren’t canon. And that’s that. Part of my job in licensing is to keep track of TV and Movie continuity, so I can help direct licensees in their creation of licensed products. It gets a little tricky because it’s constantly evolving, and over the years, Star Trek’s various producers and scriptwriters haven’t always kept track of/remembered/cared about what’s come before. Source: http://trekmovie.com/2007/07/22/dc-fontana-on-tas-canon-and-sybok/

Hey, look at that, two official licensed types of work are explicitly dismisses as being canon, books and comics. Now, blu-ray diagrams aren't explicitly mentioned but do they fit TV or films criteria? Nope.

y9kgvvV.png

I trust that puts the off-topic matter to rest?

Only for Americans.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    So, after all this tread, we can conclude that the KT ships will be included, some call soda a pop, and viceversa, and the size of the ship has been dictated by Paramount, anything else i miss???, anyway, when the new infinity lockbox get released, i'm going to buy a ton of keys..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    artan42 wrote: »

y9kgvvV.png

I trust that puts the off-topic matter to rest?

Only for Americans.​​

ipwbaQ7.png

The original website contained a link to a newer world-wide survey done at Cambridge, located here.

IDIC.
    gaevsman wrote: »
    some call soda a pop

J7jZfIU.png

If you ask folks flat-out, "pop or soda?", it seems some call pop a soda (Source).
    Post edited by tacticalrook on
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    'Pop' is sooo Canadian. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Soft drink or fizzy.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Man, this got WAY off topic...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Well, the original topic has been answered:

After this Thursday's Maintenance the new Infinity will drop.
    It will now contain the Kelvin Lockbox contents.
    The Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Crusier (the KT Constitution) will be included, contrary to the scare mongers.

Additionally:

The size or perceived size of that ship is immaterial to the topic.
    Canonheads and anti-canonheads will continue their arguments until we actually reach the year 2410.
    Ouija boards and the ability to communicate with the spirit realm will not be able to help at all in settling arguments about fictitious people, ships, and events.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    On the soft drink front, I'm from Texas. It's a coke. Doesn't matter if it's Coca Cola, Sprite, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, or a freaking YooHoo. It's all coke.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    The original website contained a link to a newer world-wide survey done at Cambridge, located here.

That has settles me thank you.

Obviously it's incorrect and massivly biased as it's only ever called 'pop' here and 'soda' is some sort of fizzy watery stuff you disguise the taste of gin with. I assume the data were fixed by the South in part of another attempt to crush the North and out long and proud traditions of being coal miners pop drinkers.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Well I haven't seen an announcement of the Infinity box tomorrow...can anyone confirm it officially? Just making sure because I'm waiting and watching the market for my Kelvin Connie...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    They haven't posted the patch notes either yet.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I live in Oklahoma (CT) and sometimes forget I'm two hours ahead of California. :p

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    Patch Notes out. Still no mention of the Infinity. Now, if the next new Lockbox is delayed for a week or so, then so would the Infinity, to the week before that.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Patch Notes out. Still no mention of the Infinity. Now, if the next new Lockbox is delayed for a week or so, then so would the Infinity, to the week before that.

Or maybe they just aren't doing the Infinity this time around.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    So, we're still missing the answer to the prime question: what is the size of a default soda/pop on a Konnie in the Kelvin Timeline?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    So, we're still missing the answer to the prime question: what is the size of a default soda on a Konnie in the Kelvin Timeline?

I vote double gulp size (64 ounces), that's the only reasonably sized drink imho, just enough to get through a work day
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    artan42 wrote: »
    Canon trumps any single thing CBS says.
    Oh. My. God. Who do you think determines canon?
    That's their own damn policy, not mine.
    You are referring to a policy THEY TOOK DOWN.

Fan: "There's what you said 8 years ago, and what you said six months ago. I like the 8 years ago better, so that's canon."

You KNOW it doesn't work that way. Screen is no longer god and hasn't been for YEARS. When CBS gives specific instructions, that's canon. Guess who TOLD Cryptic what size to make the KT Constitution?

Yes, when it first appeared there were shooting errors that made its size variable in the same movie, sometimes within second of each other. Yes, the skin was originally made for a smaller ship.

SINCE THEN the size has been consistently shown as larger such as in direct comparison with the official size of the Vengeance. They have TOLD Eaglemoss what size to write on its guide. They've TOLD the artists doing magazine articles for the official magazine what size to use. They've TOLD Cryptic what size to make the model in game. You act like the fact that the original intended size and all of these other appearances being the same is some kind of freak coincidence. "Because BY SCREEN-IS-GOD-ALMIGHTY I WANT IT TO BE MOVIE CONIE SIZE. WHAAAAA~!"

You are as bad in the exact same way as the guy you were chewing out over calling it "JJTrek", stuck in 2008.
    Post edited by nikeix on
  • Options
    lathaislathais Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    As for soda/pop, go to a rural area and they refer to coke/pepsi as Pop. Walk into an urban area and nobody has even heard the term. They all say soda. Neither is "correct." Neither is "wrong." The same is true for JJ Trek/KT. You're off on this one and your inability to accept others views shows that you have some kind of control issues.

Wow, all this over soda or pop? You all realize you are both wrong right? Originally, carbonated beverages were called "Soda Pop." In some ares that was shortened to Soda, in others to Pop. My Cousins from Minnesota call it Pop all the time, as do others in the area they live. Where I live, it's called soda. It really just depends on your location which term ended up getting adopted and while yes, almost everywhere it is referred to as soda, that's still short for soda pop. People calling it Pop are no more wrong than people calling it Soda. As long as everyone understands what everyone is talking about, does it really matter if it's called Kelvin or JJ?
  • Options
    That, friend, is a dangerous question in this thread, as evidenced by the posts so far...

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    coolbatman wrote: »
    shuuuuuueeeeeeeiiiiiiiiittttttt ! you do know that a double gulp size (64 ounces) is almost the same as a 2 liter bottle,right ???? (by less than 1 ounce)

And like I said, that's just enough to get me through a full work day :) (I don't drink near as much soda or tea when I'm not working)
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Well, the original topic has been answered:

After this Thursday's Maintenance the new Infinity will drop.
    It will now contain the Kelvin Lockbox contents.
    The Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Crusier (the KT Constitution) will be included, contrary to the scare mongers.

Where are you seeing this information?

• Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    So, we're still missing the answer to the prime question: what is the size of a default soda on a Konnie in the Kelvin Timeline?

I vote double gulp size (64 ounces), that's the only reasonably sized drink imho, just enough to get through a work day

Nah, man. This is the preferred size.

y8xNooe.png

Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2017

German page got Blog about Infinity Lockbox - if i translated id correctly they saying, that Kalvin Lockbox is added to Infinity one, rest of the Blog is filled with new Elachi ships, that got added too...

arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10358193-neues-in-der-infinity-verschlusskiste-%28pc%29-%E2%80%93-elachi-schiffe-der-klasse-6

Also the Infinity Lockbox will be avaiable from 19th January to 26th january - i think...

Edit:
    English Blog is out too now...