test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When will Kelvin timeline lock box stuff be added to Infinity boxes?

Anyone have any idea when (or if) Kelvin timeline lock box ships and stuff will be added to the Infinity lock boxes?

I've been wanting to get the T'laru for a while now, but if they're going to be added to the Infinity boxes soon the exchange prices on them will probably go down. The Season 12 update is coming soon so we're going to be getting new lock boxes with it, which means Infinity boxes are going to be back and updated just before that. Just wondering because I can wait if Kelvin stuff is going to be added to Infinity with the upcoming update.

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Soon probably.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    llittledavellittledave Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I believe Infinity boxes are supposed to have everything but the most recent box in whenever they appear. We should find out if that is still the case next week.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Probably when the new season launches as there should be a new lockbox around then. So that would be the 26/1/17 going by the blogs.
    There's normally a box rerun leading up to the new box coming out and it should contain items from every box bar the last one (Sphere Builder in this case).
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Is it bad that I want hoarders to lose billions of EC when these things hit the lockbox again? And the hoarders are probably thinking I'm just saying that to scare them into lowering the price. So, yeah, keep the prices exorbitantly high, guys. Molari already cited us as saying, "Pride goeth before a fall." Buauauaua!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Haha, well anyone hoarding those ships should have the sense to offload them for a higher price before the new season, or they are going to loose their values rapidly. Same thing with anyone hoarding the ships that are going to be replaced with T6 versions in the lobo store, their prices are not going to stay as high forever.
    That's the nature of the game though.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I really, really want a T'laru for my RomEng. But I am unwilling to spend the re-donku-lus amounts of currency, Real or otherwise, some people want to charge for leasing a collection of pixels in a not-very-good game. Unfortunately, there are lots of people who play this game who have more money than they do common sense. And there are other players who see an opportunity to do well while playing the Exchange PvP part of Space Economics Online. No T'Laru for me. Unless I want to become like Them. Where's the fun in that?

I'm not upset at the hoarders at all. In their shoes I'm guessing nearly every single one of us would act in a similar fashion. So I am hoping Cryptic does put the Kelvin Timeline stuff in the Infinity Box next time out. This way, I'll at least have a tiny little chance at getting one. And at $1.18US per key. I'll not be out a lot of cash.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    Don't go for it with keys, just sell the keys and buy it off the exchange. That'll be far cheaper that gambling for it. Do people still not get this yet?!?

Let the whales chasing the lobi crystals and ships open all dem boxes and then buy the ships you want off the exchange for a cheaper price once the market is flooded (as it will be).
    To buy the ship it should be 100-250M at most. Using keys to gamble would potentially waste you upwards of 500M quite easily.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Don't go for it with keys, just sell the keys and buy it off the exchange. That'll be far cheaper that gambling for it. Do people still not get this yet?!?

Let the whales chasing the lobi crystals and ships open all dem boxes and then buy the ships you want off the exchange for a cheaper price once the market is flooded (as it will be).
    To buy the ship it should be 100-250M at most. Using keys to gamble would potentially waste you upwards of 500M quite easily.

I've been lucky 3 of the 5 times I've gambled, but selling keys and buying off the exchange is definitely the way to go. My experience has been:

1) Jem'Hadar Strike ship - got it in the first promo box I opened

2) JJ-Prise - spent around 200 dollars opening boxes before deciding to do the exchange method instead

3) JJ BoP - after finally getting my JJ-Prise, and seeing that the BoP was selling for twice as much, I tested my luck on 5 more boxes on my klink toon, got it on box three. (You could easily lump this with my JJ-Prise attempts and just say it took over $200 before getting lucky)

4) Temporal Constitution - got it in my second box.

5) 2nd Temporal Constitution - the first connie I got went to my original main and became my long dreamed of T6 Excalibur, however I decided to test my luck on the Infinity Promo box to see if I could get another for my AoY character. Spent 70 bucks, no ship, gave up (that toon already had the JJ-Prise anyway, I just dislike how large it is)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    that toon already had the JJ-Prise anyway, I just dislike how large it is)

I'm still saving up for it from the next Infinity Box hoping I can put up with the lack of ID customisation options but the fact that it's the wrong size might annoy me enough to use it less than I should making the investment worthless :(.

Imagine the money Cryptic would have made if they'd built it to the correct scale and allowed the purchase of it to unlock options for the Promo TOS Conni? That's potentially 9 different options for one ship (Cage, TOS, TMP, 09/ID, BEY, Yorktown, Exeter, Excalibur, and Vesper).
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The new, updated infinity lockbox should go live this thursday. One week before the new lockbox comes out. I'm looking forward to getting a Klingon D4 for a fraction of what it cost on the exchange right now.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Is it bad that I want hoarders to lose billions of EC when these things hit the lockbox again?

Are people actually hoarding the JJ Abrams ships though?

That's weird. Those things should eventually end up in the infinity box.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Is it bad that I want hoarders to lose billions of EC when these things hit the lockbox again?

That's weird. Those things should eventually end up in the infinity box.

I don't believe anyone said hoarders were smart... and while probably not the connie the other two ship should be worth a good bit, haven't checked in a minute, tell the infinity box has them. so there probably are people hoarding them.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options

Kelvin Timeline. The T'laru has sweet sod all to do with JJ Abrams.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Hopefully never. I want those JJverse abomination to stay rare. There is a small chance that will happen however.

Kelvin Timeline. Unless you also want keep the Mooreverse ships ingame, or the B&Bverse ships or even the Roddenberryverse ships ingame.
    Be consistent with your mouth-frothing.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    I don't see any legitimate reason for the JJprise, JJbird of Prey or the JJ inspired Romulan Boomerang to be held out of the infinity lock box. They are popular and will sell. So they will definitely be added soon.

The previously referred to "hoarders" can be split into two groups. There are the mega rich 100 Billion EC plus crowd that have already offloaded most of their stock since they are smart enough to understand when to do so. At the same time, they may still be sitting on a few ships but losing a few hundred million EC is nothing to them. The other group would be players with 1-2 billion EC or maybe less. They are currently listing their JJ ships for market prices on the exchange or just sitting on them. If they don't sell their ships soon, they are in for a rude awakening as they will actually feel the sting of losing 200 million in an instant.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I don't see any legitimate reason for the JJprise, JJbird of Prey or the JJ inspired Romulan Boomerang to be held out of the infinity lock box. They are popular and will sell. So they will definitely be added soon.

The previously referred to "hoarders" can be split into two groups. There are the mega rich 100 Billion EC plus crowd that have already offloaded most of their stock since they are smart enough to understand when to do so. At the same time, they may still be sitting on a few ships but losing a few hundred million EC is nothing to them. The other group would be players with 1-2 billion EC or maybe less. They are currently listing their JJ ships for market prices on the exchange or just sitting on them. If they don't sell their ships soon, they are in for a rude awakening as they will actually feel the sting of losing 200 million in an instant.

You are right: the super-rich hoarders didn't get that rich being dumb. The rest will probably be slightly panicking soon. :) (Can't help but think of that scene in Coming to America, with the Dukes yelling: "Sell! Sell! Turn those machines back on!").
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    I don't see any legitimate reason for the JJprise, JJbird of Prey or the JJ inspired Romulan Boomerang to be held out of the infinity lock box.

Kelvin Timeline.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    I don't see any legitimate reason for the JJprise, JJbird of Prey or the JJ inspired Romulan Boomerang to be held out of the infinity lock box.

Kelvin Timeline.
    What about it? I'm talking about the JJ ships themselves. Not the alternate universe.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Never if we are lucky as there are far to many ugly JJ ships floating around as it is.
  • Options

Kelvin Timeline. The T'laru has sweet sod all to do with JJ Abrams.
    Hopefully never. I want those JJverse abomination to stay rare. There is a small chance that will happen however.

Kelvin Timeline. Unless you also want keep the Mooreverse ships ingame, or the B&Bverse ships or even the Roddenberryverse ships ingame.
    Be consistent with your mouth-frothing.​​

I like the new movies (haven't seen the newest yet though) but I personally will never use the term "Kelvin Timeline", JJ-verse and JJ-Prise were the first labels to be used, and they are the labels I will be sticking with. As long as people know what I'm talking about I couldn't care less what the "Official" label is.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Kelvin Timeline.
    What about it? I'm talking about the JJ ships themselves. Not the alternate universe.

What's a JJ ship? As far as I'm aware JJ Abrams has never even seen the T'laru, doubtfully remembers the D4, and had absolutely no hand in the design of the KonsTitution.
    Calling a ship the JJprise is as idiotic as calling the Voyager the Taylorager. The series the KonsTitution appears in is the Kelvin Timeline series, a series that is currently ongoing with no involvement from JJ Abrams.

Be consistent with your mouth-frothing.

What in blazes are you on about with this? I dislike those ship. I personally want them to stay rare. I will most likely be disappointed as cryptic likes money. I am okay with this.

What do you mean what am I on about? I'm correcting your misnaming of the Kelvin Timeline series.
    I dislike VOY but I don't call it the B&Bverse like a twat. I dislike the TNG ships and their stupid spoon aesthetic and want them to be even rarer than the KT ones but I don't call them the Roddenberryverse ships.
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Never if we are lucky as there are far to many ugly JJ ships floating around as it is.

Kelvin Timeline.
    I like the new movies (haven't seen the newest yet though) but I personally will never use the term "Kelvin Timeline", JJ-verse and JJ-Prise were the first labels to be used, and they are the labels I will be sticking with. As long as people know what I'm talking about I couldn't care less what the "Official" label is.

And I will continue to correct people using the incorrect name for the series and to point out how silly it sounds both in contrast to the lack of Mooreverse or taylorverse references and the fact that JJ Abrams is no longer involved in any capacity.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options

Kelvin Timeline.

What's a JJ ship? As far as I'm aware JJ Abrams has never even seen the T'laru, doubtfully remembers the D4, and had absolutely no hand in the design of the KonsTitution.
    Calling a ship the JJprise is as idiotic as calling the Voyager the Taylorager. The series the KonsTitution appears in is the Kelvin Timeline series, a series that is currently ongoing with no involvement from JJ Abrams.

Be consistent with your mouth-frothing.

What in blazes are you on about with this? I dislike those ship. I personally want them to stay rare. I will most likely be disappointed as cryptic likes money. I am okay with this.

What do you mean what am I on about? I'm correcting your misnaming of the Kelvin Timeline series.
    I dislike VOY but I don't call it the B&Bverse like a twat. I dislike the TNG ships and their stupid spoon aesthetic and want them to be even rarer than the KT ones but I don't call them the Roddenberryverse ships.
    ssbn655 wrote: »

Kelvin Timeline.​​
    Sorry, it was known as the JJprise, JJtrek long before anyone said "Kelvin Timeline." I can call it what I've always called it if I so wish as many others do. You can continue to call it the KT if you want. That's up to you. When I fly up to Oregon and my family refers to Pepsi and Coke as "Pop" instead of "Soda," I don't tell them that they are wrong for doing so. That's just what they call it up there. Get over it.
  • Options
    Sorry, it was known as the JJprise, JJtrek long before anyone said "Kelvin Timeline." I can call it what I've always called it if I so wish as many others do. You can continue to call it the KT if you want. That's up to you. When I fly up to Oregon and my family refers to Pepsi and Coke as "Pop" instead of "Soda," I don't tell them that they are wrong for doing so. That's just what they call it up there. Get over it.

And that's perfectly fine. Go ahead. Your inability to update your vocabulary is your problem. I'm still not going to stop it. As more time goes by and more of these films come out it's going to look stupider and stupider as people forget JJ Abrams' involvement in the whole thing in the first place.

And by the way, your family is correct. Fizzy carbonated beverages are pops not sodas.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I do like me some more Katie ships. Just need a T'laru for one of my Roms.
  • Options

And that's perfectly fine. Go ahead. Your inability to update your vocabulary is your problem. I'm still not going to stop it. As more time goes by and more of these films come out it's going to look stupider and stupider as people forget JJ Abrams' involvement in the whole thing in the first place.

And by the way, your family is correct. Fizzy carbonated beverages are pops not sodas.

I have literally never in my life heard anyone refer to soda as "pop" outside of movies that take place in the fifties. As for "correcting" those of us who prefer to use the terms JJ-Verse and JJ-Prise, we aren't going to change our terminology just because you want us to, so correcting us is just a waste of your time and energy.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options

And by the way, our family is correct. Fizzy carbonated beverages are pops not sodas.
    You're wrong on both points. You seem to have an unnatural problem with the term "JJ." For the record, I like the new movies. They were referred to (possibly in a derisive way) as JJ Trek by lots of fans. For me and many others, the term "JJ" will stay. And I'm not going to stop it.

As for soda/pop, go to a rural area and they refer to coke/pepsi as Pop. Walk into an urban area and nobody has even heard the term. They all say soda. Neither is "correct." Neither is "wrong." The same is true for JJ Trek/KT. You're off on this one and your inability to accept others views shows that you have some kind of control issues.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    As for soda/pop, go to a rural area and they refer to coke/pepsi as Pop. Walk into an urban area and nobody has even heard the term. They all say soda. Neither is "correct." Neither is "wrong." The same is true for JJ Trek/KT. You're off on this one and your inability to accept others views shows that you have some kind of control issues.

Where I live (Maryland), rural/urban doesn't matter, everyone uses the correct, modern term: soda.
    eaY7Xxu.png