test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Alien movie next year

theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
I'd link the trailer but it's a bit on the adult side.
Movie is called Alien Covenant, check it out on youtube. Being the Alien and Aliens fan I am, I might end up watching it
NMXb2ph.png
    "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
    -Lord Commander Solar Macharius

Comments

• Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      They made more than two?​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      artan42 wrote: »
      I hope the Alien flies arund in a Typhoon Class​.​

Yes, @artan42 yes, they did. We do no speak of the last two!
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
      3 and Resurrection were, frankly, steaming piles of Xeno Shtako. Aliens was the best. Aliens vs Predator was pretty good, and Prometheus wasn't too bad either.

And in the expanded universe, while it may not have been the best game but is still technically Canon, Aliens: Colonial Marines did bridge the gap and answer a few questions. It even retconned Hicks' death while still maintaining the "death" in 3, by saying the body, which was too badly damaged to properly identify, wasn't actually Hicks, but a colonist who had woken him up just before the cryo pods were ejected.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Enh... doesn't really look that interesting to me. I mean it's there... but other than nice visuals it's just another Alien movie.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      rattler2 wrote: »
      3 and Resurrection were, frankly, steaming piles of Xeno Shtako. Aliens was the best. Aliens vs Predator was pretty good, and Prometheus wasn't too bad either.

And in the expanded universe, while it may not have been the best game but is still technically Canon, Aliens: Colonial Marines did bridge the gap and answer a few questions. It even retconned Hicks' death while still maintaining the "death" in 3, by saying the body, which was too badly damaged to properly identify, wasn't actually Hicks, but a colonist who had woken him up just before the cryo pods were ejected.

I had issues with Resurrection and AvP, but still enjoyed them. 3 is decent if you watch the assembly cut instead of the theatrical. AvP:R was a decent concept, but was too dark and had close to zero character development. When it comes to AvP, I will always say that a movie set in the post-Aliens time peeps would have been a much, much better film.

Since you mentioned Colonial Marines, I'll say that I enjoyed that game more than most, though it's pretty obvious where the plot changes were made in order to make the release date. My last play through I had fun trying to piece together what the original plan might have been, based on some dialogue that didn't seem to fit in certain places combined with some awkward mission transitions.

As for this new movie, it looks great from this trailer, though the egg looks a bit off to me ... hopefully it's either the camera angle or something that will be explained in the movie.
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      edited December 2016
      another Alien movie? what is sigourney weaver now 110? sheesh this trilogy has ran its course
    • Options

Since you mentioned Colonial Marines, I'll say that I enjoyed that game more than most, though it's pretty obvious where the plot changes were made in order to make the release date. My last play through I had fun trying to piece together what the original plan might have been, based on some dialogue that didn't seem to fit in certain places combined with some awkward mission transitions.

Yea. And at least they retconned Hicks' death, got the actual actor to do the voice, got Bishop to voice...

Always a good thing when they get the actual actors to do VO. Adds something too it.

I did enjoy it too, and actually played with a friend once. Being able to add attachments to the guns was a nice touch as well. Although you'd think the remains of the colony wouldn't even be there due to the Atmosphere Processor going nuclear. But maybe there was enough distance to keep it relatively intact. *shrug*
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      observatorrobservatorr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
      The trailer looks pretty good. I was a bit disappointed that Prometheus raised a whole bunch of questions but didn't answer any of them. Hopefully we'll get some answers this time.

Is anyone looking forward to the upcoming Star Trek TNG/Aliens crossover comic?
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      I may have to order the crossover comic specially, I live in the UK
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        The trailer looks pretty good. I was a bit disappointed that Prometheus raised a whole bunch of questions but didn't answer any of them. Hopefully we'll get some answers this time.

Well... Prometheus was kinda meant to raise questions. Left open for sequels that way.
      • Options
        rattler2 wrote: »

Well... Prometheus was kinda meant to raise questions. Left open for sequels that way.

I'm hoping that brief shot of something coming out of someone's back means they'll be addressing what exactly the Deacon was supposed to be
        eaY7Xxu.png
      • Options
        I don't think the Deacon itself will make an appearance. But word is the classic Xenomorph will, along with something called a Neomorph, which is connected to the black goo that was found by Prometheus in those containers. There were jars of the stuff aboard the ship Shaw and David took, and supposedly that ship is what the Colonists will find. Shaw's whereabouts are still unknown, but apparently David will make an appearance in the movie.
      • Options
        New trailer, think I caught a couple glimpses of the Deacon from the end of Prometheus in there too:

https://youtu.be/svnAD0TApb8
        eaY7Xxu.png
      • Options
        markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
        around 1:46 is something like the Deacon. It and the facehugger are white colored unlike a standard Xeno. Then at 2:20 we have a standard Xeno.
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
        Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg