What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

~*~Nerds of Prey Public Service: Three Years Strong!~*~

2»

Comments

• Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The Altruistic generosity of people who use and contribute to NoP Public Service is both heart warming and also exactly the sort of thing the good Captain Picard would approve of in one of his talks about Starfleet Values.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Three years helping players, that's more than enough to deserve the Tralfamadorian Order of Good Guyhood.
  • Options
    acrosscatacrosscat Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Wow, three years. Nice work.

Were you around before then? Dark times for people who wanted fleet gear but weren't in a completed fleet, where people would charge millions of EC just for invites to holdings despite it costing the inviting fleet absolutely nothing when people bought from their stores.

Oh. Man. No kidding. There were a lot, and I mean a lot of fleets that would happily take in hapless people leaving guilds just for higher tier fleet items and charge some seriously inflated prices for base services. If you were not outright scammed out of your resources just for the admission being dangled in front of you.

And oh man the gnashing of teeth when the Nerds of Prey Public Service channel announced what they were doing. Most of all because it was a Dental/NoP effort in the first place, nevermind their golden goose getting butchered by the happy dentists providing fleet items very quickly after releases, for free, and being downright brutal in their moderation of their channel against as much as a whiff of that predatory capitalism on unsuspecting people from smaller guilds.

Sure, you can bet dollars do donuts this is probably not what Cryptic intended to have happened to their system. But it set a standard for the community, and made for a healthier, friendlier community besides.

Cheers for the Public Service channel, folks!
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    NoPPS is the closest thing to a real Federation in STO.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Is there a NoP_PS analog for Xbox or ps?

And yes cheers on the anniversary and thanks for helping so many people.
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Assuming you can create custom channels on the Xbox version anyone could if there isn't already.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Keep up the good work, fellas.

Due to its inclusive nature, open to everyone, NoPPS has evolved to become everything [Fleet] chat aspired to be but couldn't deliver due to technical and human limitations.
    NoPPS is the closest thing to a real Federation in STO.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I've used the channel myself quite a bit for Cell ship invites over the years. Always got invites very quickly without hassle. So thank you.
    Hard to believe its been 3 years.

Congrats, and wish you many more years of success.

Qapla'

(PS: I always thought Nerds of Prey was a great Fleet name btw One of the best in game imo)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    I got my fav-o-rite ship from this service, way back in them "dark days" someone brought up.

I only ever asked for invites on like 3 occasions, and don't really need them these days since I found a really good home fleet-wise soon after; but it was very good of you who do this, then and now.

Many thanks, and may you live long and prosper!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    congrats on 3 years
  • Options
    I should be back properly next week some time when I think NoP (the fleet) should be done (or almost done) with K13 at last for KDF. I think Druk said someone was already offering full K13 access for both factions already, though?
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • Options
    I thought it was, always nice to have more xenomorphs running around.
    fRhmZXV.gif
  • Options
    tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Congrats, and thanks !
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet