Install Arc
Options

The Foundry Returns Today

2»

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I would turn it back off.

* Various props look they're being disassembled (with giant holes in them).
    * Objectives (Interact with X, Npcs and Contacts are just outright refusing to spawn thus making it impossible to test.)
    * Cryptic Maps (New Khitomer) are missing floors.
    * Lighting is all over the place (Map testing, character creator).
    * Zooming in/out while in the costume editor is playing up too.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Here is the Roundtable's recent playthrough of several Foundry missions, commenting on bugs as encountered. Original stream date: Dec 7th.
    https://youtu.be/iLtrNliZhQ0

Itemized bug list
    • Outdoor ground maps bloom horrendously, emanating from brightly colored shapes covering natural terrain. Same issue that Nukara Prime ground map has. Dragoon speculated that it may be a problem with the Vertex lighting system and how that's interacting with Lighting 2.0. New pattern of colors/shapes if map reloaded. (Video link)
    • Light - Ceiling L 01: light FX turns off when player enters illuminated area. (video link)
    • Wall - Turbolift 02 emits way too much light
    • Consoles - Civilian emit way too much light
    • Replicator 01 does not emit light under lighting 2.0.
    • Omni lights do not emit light under lighting 2.0.
    • Consoles - Civilian and Generator - Civilian are physically missing yellow grating component.
    • FX - Firelight 01 does not emit light in lighting 2.0
    • Support - Caves 10 does not emit light in lighting 2.0
    • Console - Wall 04 does not emit light in lighting 2.0
    • Plant - glowing cave do not emit light in lighting 2.0.
    • Colony lamp post light bulbs do not emit light. They didn’t under 1.0, but intuitively they should under 2.0.
    • Romulan embassy glass – texture barely visible in lighting 2.0 (Video link)
    • Space lighting does not seem to be working under lighting 2.0. Almost all pre-made and custom backdrops have the same dim ambient lighting. Exception so far found: Zaria. (Video link)
    • Ambient lights on interior maps don’t appear to be working in lighting 2.0

I'll also add that I'm also having problems with using the scroll wheel to zoom in/out of the character editor window that Sutherland mentioned above. All I can really say is that it behaves very erratically (large jumps, reverses polarity, doesn't respond, ect.)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    More bugs:

Contact NPC props appear very blurry in dialog windows when cinematic depth of field is on.
    Screenshot
    Cz4zYwAXgAAmC4b.jpg

Exterior Sky Desert backdrops (and Brea) appear to become smudgy and lose highlights under lighting 2.0.
    Screenshots
    Lighting 2.0 - Exterior Sky Desert 01
    Cz40nQEXEAEseME.jpg

Lighting 1.0 - Exterior Sky Desert 01
    Cz40n_4XAAAAaIE.jpg

Lighting 2.0 - Brea
    Cz43EXEXgAASrX7.jpg

Lighting 1.0 - Brea
    Cz43FJcW8AADsHN.jpg

Fed Type 8 Shuttle - Off mistakenly emits light under Lighting 2.0
    Screenshot
    Cz-PcJbW8AAeT0U.jpg

Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    I also saw the Lights of Zetar bug on a couple more ground maps: Fantastic Forest Mountains 01 and Vega Ground.

So far, I haven't seen this issue on any interior maps.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    djxprime wrote: »
    I also saw the Lights of Zetar bug on a couple more ground maps: Fantastic Forest Mountains 01 and Vega Ground.

I think it's safe to say that all outdoor ground maps have the Lights of Zetar except those without natural terrain. Ie. Ancient Iconia (1 and 2) and the Empty Ground Map. I tried to test alphabetically but I only made it to B before saying "well, I can probably assume they've all got it (with the aforementioned exceptions)." :tongue:

Incidentally trying to test a large number of maps in sequence was quite time consuming because maps changes no longer happen in the editor, I had to load each individually. Once you reach the end of the objectives and accept that map transfer dialog prompt, the map will simply reset. No map change happens. Published Foundry missions seem fine, but the editor seems to have picked up a new bug apart from the lighting 2.0 stuff.
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    Adding this here since I noticed it on this update. In the Old ESD ground map the three "end of corridor" loops all have one corner turned the "wrong way" so that you are looking from behind it and therefore through the wall. You can see it on the map as the carpet is also turned.

Additionally, many of the consoles aren't reacting well to the new lighting and are dark/black.

Having trouble posting Screens, sorry. Will edit if I get it working.
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    Lights of Zetar bug also sighted on the Rocky Hills 01 ground map.