test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Event Rewards [PC]

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
edited November 2016 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Per tradition, the residents of Q’s universe have built new and wonderful prizes for captains to earn by participating in their annual festivities.

And on a personal note, I want that Klingon sweater so bad, you guys.

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10281003-winter-event-2016-rewards
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    Now THAT is slapping something with a large trout..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    Per tradition, the residents of Q’s universe have built new and wonderful prizes for captains to earn by participating in their annual festivities.

And on a personal note, I want that Klingon sweater so bad, you guys.

Full details here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10281003-winter-event-2016-rewards

hey what's the latest patch on ps4 I can't find anything about it. thanks
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Winter is the best event, here's hoping they finally put that music on loop.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    You guys need to team up with Tipsy Elves or We Love Fine or Think Geek or someone to make those sweaters a real thing. Those are things that should exist in the real world.
  • elywaerelywaer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Must have sweaters.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Purple sweater...Love it!!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    In City of Heroes, Tankers begged for Carp Armor/Carp Melee for how many years?

And now Q is going to give us Carp Melee?

A certain new Community Manager needs to share the joke with Phil ...
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Ugly sweaters and beating people up with fish; it's what winter's all about. :D

This is going to be great.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User

You must cut down the tallest tree in the forest with.........................A HERRING!!!!!!!!!
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    zorander6 wrote: »

You must cut down the tallest tree in the forest with.........................A HERRING!!!!!!!!!

Ah, but this herring's a swordfish.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I feel a combining of a pair of quotes I heard might apply here. "Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for Christmas."

I'm also waiting to see how many people will try to lick their new epohhs just to see if they really do taste like lime and cherry.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,619 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    You guys need to team up with Tipsy Elves or We Love Fine or Think Geek or someone to make those sweaters a real thing. Those are things that should exist in the real world.

I would buy at least one, possibly several :)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    The new Festive Sweaters look amazing! I only wish I could wear them in real life (#notkidding).

Neither yesterday, nor today's, blogs have said: When does the Winter Event start (and end)?

Those Fishing Gauntlets look cool... are they only for the event, or will they be a new year-round usable melee weapon? (Also, pictured are only KDF characters, can Fed/Roms use them, too?)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    so update to the T5 warship... would of preferred an update to the T5 raider.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Next year :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Odd. I could have sworn they said they were done with Breen ships last year and that they were gonna do something else.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    I need that grinch sweater.

Also, gummy carp melee is finally a thing. *faints*
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    My own Christmas sweater has a polar bear on it. I so wish I could have one with that Gorn on it, I think it is so cute <3:sweat_smile:

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    The KDF and Rom sweaters look really good. I want real ones.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    The winter event has to be one of hte most enjoyable events in the history of Star Trek Online. I am looking forward to the blog with the stats on the new Breen awesomeness! When are we finally going to get playable Breen?
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,322 Arc User
    All of these look nice, but where do I go to get a Real versions of those Christmas jumpers??!!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,619 Arc User
    I've added a poll to see how many of us want real-world versions of the sweaters:

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1225551/poll-should-cryptic-pwe-make-real-world-sweaters#latest
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    If I wasn't on my phone where both quotes and links are broken, I'd totally quote you and say "how many of us? Everyone" and make everyone a link to Gain y Oldman from the professional.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    The winter event has to be one of hte most enjoyable events in the history of Star Trek Online. I am looking forward to the blog with the stats on the new Breen awesomeness! When are we finally going to get playable Breen?

I find it very easy to get caught up in the Winter Event. In many ways, I think I have more fun during this event than at the summer one.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg

I find it very easy to get caught up in the Winter Event. In many ways, I think I have more fun during this event than at the summer one.

I agree! It doesn't feel like a massive grind and at least most of the rewards I usually want. With the summer stuff, I enjoyed the first year but each year since, it hasn't offered as much as the first year did where the winter event remains fun year after year. I will also always take Breen ships over those horrible Risan things they keep trying to pawn off on us each year for the summer even. :P
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User

I plan to lobi this sucker and never set foot in the gaudy, god awful winter wonderland. It's so frakkin tacky. The summer event is far more entertaining.
    1xe027q.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Well I wouldn't expect anything less from capricious omnipotent beings such as the Q.
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Those Fishing Gauntlets look cool... are they only for the event, or will they be a new year-round usable melee weapon? (Also, pictured are only KDF characters, can Fed/Roms use them, too?)
    That's a good question. Quite aside from whether or not they're a practical melee weapon, I would not be averse to seeing gauntlets (about the size found with the Vaadwaur gauntleted gloves) based on them as tailor options that come with them.
    When are we finally going to get playable Breen?
    Not sure about that, but there are a couple of angles through which we might be encountering them more ingame. One is further dealings with the faction mentioned in the Breen arc (specifically, you talk to one of its members in 'Cold Comfort'); another is from the fact of 20 Draconis (the new home of K-13) being pretty close to Breen space.

Amusingly enough, the winter kit modules actually do fit the bill in terms of being what one might expect from a 'Breen Task Force' rep... and we already have a space set (Absolute Zero), as well as two pieces that could logically be part of the ground set (the CRM 200 and the dielectric oscillation personal shield)...

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    Hey...
    5fd9c946d64e9100d6d91b7e518c108e1479916935.jpg
    ...can we smack things around with this fish? If so, that would very COOL! :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    tigeraries wrote: »

If it is just an updated ship, I hope that means that the next anniversary event will give us a T6 Ambassador finally.