test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new T6 science ship

icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Klingon Discussion
OK i just got the new science ship for KDF and unless i'm completely blind the thing does NOT have cloak. whats up with that? did they just forget to add it or what?
in past a few ships when they came out had not been labeled as having cloak and they did so i didn't think much about it.

I mean how can they even call it a Klingon design ship and not include a cloak. i could see allied alien ships like gorn or nausicaans but not Klingon. and it is not like this thing is as big as a Carrier or something.
Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

Post edited by icsairguns on

Comments

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Likely due to them f--king it up. IMO, it was easy to do because these ships are very much a Copy & Paste of the Nebula.

It's not the first time Cryptic messed up the cloaking capability of a new KDF ship release. When the T6 Negh'Var first released, either the regular C-Store or Fleet version was missing cloak capability which was quickly fixed.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    The ship can't cloak at release, and the stats imply that it hasn't paid for a "cloak penalty", since the Naj'sov simply moves 0.025 from Shield to Hull in the non-Fleet version, relative to the Sutherland.

Sutherland
    Hull Strength: 1.05 / 1.155
    Shield Modifier: 1.3 / 1.43

Naj’sov
    Hull Strength: 1.075 / 1.1825
    Shield Modifier: 1.275 / 1.4025

Laeosa (Battle Cloak Penalty)
    Hull Strength: 0.95 / 1.045
    Shield Modifier: 1.275 / 1.4025
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Posting this here so the word gets through:
    Hey folks,

The ship is supposed to have a cloak. We're looking into the bug.

She will have a cloak!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    thanks for passing the word along SHPOKS.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    The Naj'sov is a murderously effective exotic warfare platform - which is exactly what a Klingon sci ship should be. The fact that it's "only" got a Lt Cdr Temporal slot is balanced by the fact that said slot is a Temp/Eng; couple that with a Cdr Sci slot and a LtC uni, you have a ship with an eyewatering number of options for exotic damage abilities.

I have to admit I never thought Cryptic would do a T6 Klingon sci ship, but I'm VERY pleased to be wrong. It's finally tempted my Sci out of his venerable Korath.