test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please explain the previous STO costumes.

13»

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    trekbrony wrote: »
    Such as Sierra, Antares, and Jupiter.

Antares was retconed to have been the 'canon' uniform style prior to the Odyssey was released. This is due to it's similarity to the uniforms seen in 'Countdown', the CBS/Paramount team up comic that leads up to STO.

The other Antares versions and all of the Sierra and Jupiter uniforms still exist but now never were 'official' uniforms.

I thought it was the Sierra uniform that was retconned as the previous STO canon uniform before Odyssey.[/quote]

It could be. I've not looked \t them in the tailor for so long.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    I was curious so I looked it up. It's Sierra.

2cxzxfn.jpg

I'm glad all of those were pushed aside for Odyssey. Never liked any of the early uniforms.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    I've always thought of those earlier STO uniforms as being different specialized variant outfits for different uses and situations, some more tactical and/or practical than others depending on mission requirements and largely up to the captain's discretion. I'd have away team members in one type of uniform (those motorcycle racer-looking jackets, kinda like those blue ones from Star Trek Beyond) while those serving on the ship would wear something more akin to the canon ones from DS9, VOY, and the TNG movies.

Since the Odyssey uniforms came out, I generally have my boffs in my own custom navy blue variant of the standard Odyssey uniform (because I just like the dark navy blue so much more than the usual black and grey), and away teams in the grey Odyssey excursion uniform. I also made a desert khaki/sand Odyssey excursion variant for certain missions.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Semi- random thought though, on why a ship's counselor on the bridge might have been considered a neccesity. In TOS a shocking number of command officers had severe mental issues. Starfleet may have felt it a good idea to have a professional on hand in regular close proximity to the captain.
    Maybe it has something to do with the warp engines? The subspace fields cause brain damage in the long run... ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.