test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Ban for summiting ticket?

like others I have seen in these threads, I purchased zen, confirmation number the whole nine yards but it never showed in game. submitted a ticket. waited until server maint was complete, checked, still not there.. updated ticket and immediately forcefully dc and banned. no reason at all. live chat said they couldn't help and put in yet another ticket. all these years, time money and grind and wth is going on?

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Umm... usually these threads are the result of a redacted payment. Did the payment actually go through? If the payment got cancelled then yeah...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    yeah, payments (plural) went thru. now is bad cause have to have bank cancell payments or somehow get the money back that they paid to pwe who says they never got. so complete mess. or i can just pay money for zen i never got. atm so ticked off will prolly say something i shouldnt. who to believe, the bank or pwe.. if want to play again..
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    maoguin wrote: »
    yeah, payments (plural) went thru. now is bad cause have to have bank cancell payments or somehow get the money back they paid that pwe says they never got so complete mess. or i can just pay money for zen i never got. atm so ticked off will prolly say something i shouldnt.

There are ways to approach this, and they all require at least some patience. Find out from live chat if they know what the point of the confirmation number is, and who you need to present that to. Stay calm, and rely on your bankcard company to respect you as a customer, which unless I am mistaken will mean that they can confirm your transaction occurred. The game tracks ytyour zen purchases well enough to know if you unlocked any C-store items. Maybe they can see the before and after, realize you didn't add any content to your account, and that your account doesn't show the zen either?

Someone will give you the correct advice if you hang in there. Just be careful with the temper till then. I have seen people get in real trouble by not having the ability to stay calm, :)

I hope this helps.

Qapla!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    First step is finding out the specific reason for your ban. There is the possibility that it was a coincidence that it hit at the same time. At one time there was an anti-spam system in the game that banned people for using certain phrases, but the spammers use 1337 instead of words now.

Also did you attempt to pay using steam wallet?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I just remembered having trouble with double payments when I went to Lifetime member. You mentioned plural payments ...

My wife and I each got lifetime, using the same card. and that red flagged us at some level because it was the same card, but different accounts. Anyway I didn't receive my lifetime right away, even though the payment went through. Not sure if there is a connection, but maybe ...

Qapla!

PS. it is kind of funny now, and I hope this is funny for you later as well. Ttry to have faith,
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    yeah, payments (plural) went thru. now is bad cause have to have bank cancell payments or somehow get the money back that they paid to pwe who says they never got. so complete mess. or i can just pay money for zen i never got. atm so ticked off will prolly say something i shouldnt. who to believe, the bank or pwe.. if want to play again..

just send criptic a copy of the transaction if it did you must have receice an Email confirmation if not than go to your bank ask for a proof for that transaction and send it to Criptic via a ticket.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Worst step to take, almost ever, are charge-backs, as that will almost certainly get you flagged as a fraudulent customer. Best thing is still to wait it out, until you can get some sort of confirmation either way. Sorry I can't be of more help, but knee-jerk reactions like seeking immediate restitution of your money is rarely a good idea in these cases.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Fraud and Charge backs are the only two things you can get banned for in STO. If you actually received a ban then it's one of those two options. If that's the case, then I doubt they're going to reverse it, but I wish you luck.

You can do absolutely anything you want in STO, there are no enforced rules of any kind.. the only rules that they actually act on are ones that involve them losing money. The best course of action is for you to keep trying to work with support and be as clear and as professional as possible in your ticket. Be sure you describe to them exactly what happened and make clear that your intent is to make a purchase and perhaps they will undo the ban.

Best of luck to you, I hope you get it resolved.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    shifuhernandez#8961 shifuhernandez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    My account was TRIBBLE and I lost the ability to create a mission and foundry . I also lost all my dilithium and zen. I then put in a ticket. then I got banned. I had 3 characters that were at level 60. I feel like I am being punished for doing nothing wrong. I cleaned my computer and changed all my passwords. Who can I contact to get my account reactivated. I am a life time subscriber and spend a lot of money on this game. can anyone help me.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Fraud and Charge backs are the only two things you can get banned for in STO.
    This is not an accurate statement. There are a few things for which one can be banned; one that I personally ran afoul of came when I reported someone advertising a third-party sales site in Chat. Someone misread the Chat, thought that I had been advocating for the site, and banned me.

It took almost two weeks to get that straightened out, but they did indeed eventually acknowledge their error, restored my account access, and gave me 1500 Zen by way of apology.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    jonsills wrote: »
    Fraud and Charge backs are the only two things you can get banned for in STO.
    This is not an accurate statement. There are a few things for which one can be banned; one that I personally ran afoul of came when I reported someone advertising a third-party sales site in Chat. Someone misread the Chat, thought that I had been advocating for the site, and banned me.
    the only rules that they actually act on are ones that involve them losing money.

So Sea was accurate in his statement after all. ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    If you have the Confirmation numbers. Then use those. You can even get the confirmation from your bank. In both instances the numbers prove that the order was made. With the bank showing that the money was then paid. Cryptic has little choice in the matter.

So if it were me. I'd contact the bank and get the confirmations that the money was paid. Then, I'd go to Cryptic with it. With the order confirmation and the bank confirmation. This should clear that problem right up.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    This is not an accurate statement.

Yes, it is completely accurate.

You were a false positive for fraud and your ban was overturned.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Um, thread's been dead for 11 months.
  • Options
    alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Um, thread's been dead for 11 months.

Guy who brought it back from dead, was asking for help about his lost account. >.>
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    mtMWouv.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.