test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Minor annoyance with Crystalline Catastrophe.

richr1986richr1986 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Not some much a bug as an annoyance.

When starting Crystalline Catastrophe if you close the mission description/help thingy, either by just closing it or clicking DONE, it will reopen a new one. I have had this happen every single time I play it. It's not a MAJOR issue, just a minor annoyance but i'm sure that some others also have this issue as well. This is going to be REALLY far down on the list of things to be done (You guys work your a*** off so I can totally understand this not being fixed for ages) but this is the only mission where this happens.

Thank you for all the great content, keep up the good work!

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2016
    Yes after the initial briefing clicking to close the dialog will respawn it. If you instead choose to click the X dialog in the text window the dialog will remain closed. :# Hopefully this can be corrected without to much hasstle. >:)

Another common issue is not seeing when the Crystaline Absorbtion starts charging or is ready to release it's feedback pulse. Sometimes you're able to reasonably zoom out (@1920x1200) to see the indicator, yet it be nice to have an audio broadcast the alert the fleet.

An ABSORBTION WARNING being hard to detect in the small upper left corner of the large entity can't be seen if flying in close. It be NICE to update a Fleet Audio Broadcast to alert players when it starts absorbing energy, then players can plan to STOP firing, or prepare to hit hazard emitters / feedback pulse or another strategy, prior to a possible warp core breech. :'(

Perhaps this second issue is part of the challenge... Yet if higher DPS players continue to fire they can in turn take out others with less hull or resistance who might have otherwise survived, thereby ruining the chance for both optional objectives being completed during the fog of war. :*
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png