test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help please: Stopping multiple images/ trails

gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
Multiple partial images of an item or items appear on my screen; how do I get rid of this?

If my toon turns sometimes multiple images/partial replicas appear. If it happens on ground pausing the game clears the screen. If it happens in space sometimes the game becomes unplayable for awhile. This has happened since the new lighting update. Most of my setting are on low or minimal and the new lighting and dynamic systems were never turned on.

I'd prefer to play fullscreen as I find safemode's partial screen immersion breaking.

I'd take a screen shot but since using Win 10 screenshot grabs of STO only appear as solid black screens Imaging if you move your arm and while looking at it multiple partial images remain as it moves.

Thanks for reading this and helping.
Joined STO in September 2010.

Comments

• Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    It appears your system is unable to render Directx 11. Go to your Display settings in the game menu and under Video Card select "Direct3D 9"
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    Some people reported that changing the screen to windowed maximized instead of fullscreen resolved the issue. Give it a try.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN