test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we please have the option to mute the Na'kuhl engines?

pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
I love almost all the sound effects in STO but I really HATE the noise from the Na'kuhl ships (particularly when you are using a playable Na'Kauhl ship. The "digital grinding noise" is bad enough and it always gets LOUDER when you zoom in close to your ship or fly close to another player using a Na'Kauhl ship. It actually hurts my ears ... and that's saying something.

Devs, please give players a button in the sound settings to disable the Na'Kauhl engine noise.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.

Comments

• Options
    Just to clarify, I know I can mute the FX, but I don't want to mute "all" of my sound FX in the game ... just that Na'Kauhl engine noise.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    palin55palin55 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    so a tadari wit retro phaser be the bomb then is what your saying interesting idea might have to try that im sure to annoy TRIBBLE loads of ppl with that setup
  • Options
    lawndart78lawndart78 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    KIUYSto.jpg

Personal Ad:
    Single Tataari Raider ISO tone deaf Captain who loves listening to air conditioners, crickets, sine waves, and computer case fans on their way out.

This is pretty much the one ship I regret. Cryptic needs to buy that particular dev some new headphones so he can actually hear the sounds he is creating. Or stop him from creating them. Need to find that sound in the game files and replace it with a loop of Fran Drescher laughing.
  • Options
    lawndart78 wrote: »
    Need to find that sound in the game files and replace it with a loop of Fran Drescher laughing.

LOL

Sad thing is her laugh would sound better.

• Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The unnecessary noise from the Borg Transwarp Engines is equally annoying. Or any engines, for that matter, that instead of only visuals provide annoying extra sounds as well. Quite the "concert" usually everytime you have left Earth orbit to sector space before moving away. I wish people made use of the "visuals" tab and put a quiet engine there, at least.
  • Options
    lawndart78lawndart78 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    cklib wrote: »
    I wish people made use of the "visuals" tab and put a quiet engine there, at least.

Unfortunately, the Tadaari makes that sound regardless of what engine you have equipped, visuals tab or otherwise. It's a real hoot with the Borg Engine AND it's own going.