test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Console) Romulan Starship Traits not unlocking

morgueragemorguerage Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Standoff and Down but Not Out are not being properly rewarded from the boxes for roms on console. Using the box from new lockbox gives the trait in a message but neither will appear in your traits anywhere.

Comments

• loutheloulouthelou Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Did you have any ship trait slots unlocked before you opened the pack? Because my Rom is bugged right now and can't use skill points, can't use spec points - and can't unlock trait slots, even though I've got mastery 5 on my T6 and unlocked the trait.

If you didn't have any slots unlocked already, it might be related. If you did, then it's probably unrelated.

EDIT: No, traits are not unlocking, period. I just took the trait Living Hull as a reward for a mission, but it's not in my list of space traits.

This whole "Romulans effectively can't progress past level 49" is really starting to get on my nerves.
    Post edited by louthelou on
  • morgueragemorguerage Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Yes, that's what I meant Lou. Fortunately it's working on my main who was Lvl 60 Rom prior to the maintenance that caused these Rom Bugs. Had to relog a couple times for the Starship Trait slots to unlock and the traits to show.
  • loutheloulouthelou Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    morguerage wrote: »
    Yes, that's what I meant Lou. Fortunately it's working on my main who was Lvl 60 Rom prior to the maintenance that caused these Rom Bugs. Had to relog a couple times for the Starship Trait slots to unlock and the traits to show.

I did just run into this. I unlocked the Down But Not Out trait on my Rom, after solving my character progression issue, and the trait did not initially appear/unlock. I had to log out and log back in to get it to appear - but that did fix it, and I do have the trait now.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    I wonder if these problems due to the xp weekend?
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    To reiterate: you Do Not need to have a T6 to use the starship traits out of the lockbox? Thanks
  • bishopat#9304 bishopat Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    The problems started before the XP weekend. Came around a day or two before ESD was locked down on console. Also concurrent with Fed/KDF/Rep players being able to pick up alternate factions story lines.
  • morgueragemorguerage Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    To reiterate: you Do Not need to have a T6 to use the starship traits out of the lockbox? Thanks

There's a Starship tab in traits. As you unlock your first 4 starship traits those slots will unlock. You can unlock starship traits from various things, but usually T6 ships. They are buggier now but still work.

The other trait options are what are truly bugged for new lvl 50+ romulans.