test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xbox1 No audio dialogue for bridge officers and missing from lots of npc's too

only7dragonsonly7dragons Member Posts: 7 Arc User
For my first Fed character on the Xbox1, I got audio dialogue from my bridge officers (mainly Elisa and T'Vrell) for all the missions, and the same with the NPC's. However, after creating a new Fed character, the bridge officers now have no lip movement and no audio dialogue (with the one exception being the first part at Starfleet Academy). A lot of NPC's also have no lip movement and audio dialogue anymore either. From my first character, I know they did have it but it's almost completely gone now.

I submitted a support ticket with proof in the form of video clips, and they eventually claimed it was a bug and to submit a bug report. However, there is no way to submit a bug report on the Xbox1, so I'm writing it out here.

I realize that having no lip movement and no audio dialogue doesn't exactly break the game, but I really liked the immersion it provided and would like to have it back. To further test things, I started a new Fed character with default options and the same problem persists. I also installed the PC version and the audio works fine there.

Please try to get this fixed. I miss hearing my bridge officers actually talk while doing missions.

Comments

• walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    Bridge officers have never had voice overs beyond the tutorial. It would be almost impossible to voice them simply because you dismiss them and recruit more on the fly. The one exception to this is Toven Khev in the Romulan faction. He was Cryptic's experiment to see if the community would prefer locked in voiced Bridge officers over non voiced fully customizable ones. To say the community didn't like this approach would be an understatement. So besides the tutorials weve never had voiced boffs sense.
    sstosig2.png