test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

~Buy a single ship and you can't buy the mega pack later question.

officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
^So you know that line they have in the blogs that tries to get you to buy the bigger mega bundle pack by locking you out of it if you by an individual piece of it.....

Tried doing a brief search on the interweb before i came here.
But does this apply to the Big Temporal Agent pack if you have the starter pack? Does it apply to the Big LoR pack if you have the LoR starter pack? Does it apply to the Delta Rising pack if you have any of those ships individually?

Anyone have first hand experience in this?
I can't find that disclaimer in those particular blogs i find.

Thank you!

Comments

• sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    I've had this experience with the Odyssey series of ships personally- but can't speak to the other packs as none of them interested me enough to bother with them. (LoR, Delta, AOY, etc.)

I do know in this case that once you've acquired one of the ships in the pack, the bundle is no longer visible to you as a "purchasable" option in the C/Z-Store.

That said, I do think PWE/C would go a long way in sales if they removed this barrier, perhaps even adopting a similar style to the Steam store with being able to apply previous purchases to a bundle so that you're not penalizing people who are actually supporting your company... but hey, greed is creed.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I am almost certain that Cryptic will let you get the Temporal Special Agent pack if you have the starter pack provided that you contact support about it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    I had the Guardian long before I had the Delta Pack, so up to a point its a non issue as far as I know. It was sometime after the Delta Pack that they started doing the lockouts if you purchased something seperately, like getting one of the pilot ships ore one of the faction specific pilot bundles disqualified you from getting the pack.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As far as I can remember they have always stated that if you buy one ship in a Pack purchase of the Pack is forever prevented.

I do know that when I purchased the AoY Temporal Agent Pack, the Starter Pack was also unlocked when the Packs went live.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I've heard people say the lockout only applies to individual ship packs, not the big expansion packs.

Possibly because the expacks contain things you can't buy separately. Or because the big packs are still clearly cheaper than buying the ships separately even if you already have one of them, whereas 3 ship packs are not.

But I haven't tried it myself.
  • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I have the Tulwar and the scimitar pack still shows up in the list, but I've not tried to purchase the pack though
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Yeah, i would assume it applies to the ship bundles not the expansion packs also. But you know what happens when you ASSume.....

Anyone else has any experiences?
    Thank you for your replies.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I bought the Guardian and Phantom but I can still buy the full Delta pack if I wanted.

I bought the single tactical command cruiser with the AHOD trait and I can't buy the 9 pack or Fed 3 pack. But I could and did buy the KDF and Romulan 3 packs a year later.

I agree that this is the way that it works.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    I bought the Guardian and Phantom but I can still buy the full Delta pack if I wanted.

I bought the single tactical command cruiser with the AHOD trait and I can't buy the 9 pack or Fed 3 pack. But I could and did buy the KDF and Romulan 3 packs a year later.

I agree that this is the way that it works.

They came after Delta. If I remember correctly buying a single ship disqualifies you from buying the specific faction's pack you bought the ship from as well as the cross faction mega pack, but doesn't block the other two factions packs.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Buying a single Federation ship, for example, would prevent the Mega-Bundle and a Federation Bundle but not the Romulan or KDF Bundles from that Mega.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Expansion packs?
    Expansion packs?

The bundles that have all the goodies that were released with each expansion, such as ships and outfits.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Back when the Galaxy class variants got reset into a 3 pack, well before Delta Rising, I was blocked from purchasing said 3 pack as I already had one of them. Had to go buy them individually.

I think it even prevents people to get the bundle if they obtained the ship through the Veteran Ship token like the Intrepid. So you would have to get another Starfleet character to level 50 to purchase the Intrepid Pack.
    @rattler2
    That's not what I was asking, i know what they are. Alot of answers were centered on the ship bundles, i was more concerned with the expansion packs.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    People said (write) that they could get Delta Pack even after buying a single ship separately, so Temporal Special Agent Pack should be avaiable even after getting some of the gear...
    Still, no one (i think) actually tried it, so... maybe You will check if it's possible? o:)
    edited September 2016
    Ok. At some point in the near future ill do just that. Ill necro my own thread if i have to to give a definite answer to everyone and provide my findings.
    On all three expansion packs, just because im feeling saucy.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    buying seperate ships from expansion pack lists does not lock ya out of the whole thing i will say that now: own the Phantom and Mat'Ha and am not locked out of Delta expansion bundle, also have several of the T5 Warbirds from the LoR expansion pack and also not locked outta that. I did however upfront buy the special but same principal applies to it. Just the ship mega bundles/3packs are lockout upon singular purchases.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
    What does a lockout look like, how do you know?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    If it's locked out, it won't even be visible.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Oh! So if I see it available to buy (albiet greyed out because i dont have the zen) then its not a problem then.

I actually saw this while looking the other day. I have one romulan pilot ship but didnt see the three pack of romulan pilot ships.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Yep if you buy any part of the bundle (the ent era pack doesnt seem affected by this for some reason tho) you cannot get the bundle. I have this exact problem preventing me from ever, ever getting the dang voyager bridge :neutral: