test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about the dimensions of the Constitution class ship

I play a table top, home brew Star Trek RPG, and it will soon be my turn to be game master again. In my story, the characters will encounter a fitness test called the Jeffries Tube Challenge. It's a running and climbing event where you start at the very bottom of the ship, and you have to get to the very top of the ship by running and climbing the Jeffries tubes. So, my question to those of you who really know your Star Trek ships is this; What would be the distance in both running and climbing? Note, the contestants don't have to run the full length of each deck, just enough to get to the next Jeffries tube. I will be really impressed if anyone has exact figures, but approximations will suffice. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    You may find this article useful. Also the dimensions of the Constitution-class are:

Length: 288.6 meters
    Width: 127.1 meters
    Height: 72.6 meters

And here's a diagram if you need it:
    constitution-cutaway.jpg

Hope this helps!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Thanks for the reply. The article was a good read. It points out that I may be wrong about the definition of a Jeffries tube. I thought that was the name of the ladders crew used to go from one deck to another (when not using a turbo lift/elevator). Maybe I should call the race the Ladder Run instead of the Jeffries Tube Challenge.