test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Station K-13 Returns!

Starbase K-13 will return, available as a new TOS-themed Fleet Holding to all Fleets in Star Trek Online!

Players will soon be able to discover the fate of K-13!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Why can't I have a"like" button. Still loving this!
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    I thought something like this might happen, cool.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Nice, I'm hoping for some retro TOS fleet tech for Federation, and retro KDF tech for Klingons.

Also some VR TOS bridge officers, though the white boffs I recruited from ESD 23rd C have done well up through the Delta arc.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Oh, cool, assuming nifty retro tech...
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So Season 12 before the end of the year, or will this be AoY.5?

Either way, cool news. And potentially more story content coming.

Fascinating.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • bluesunshot#7246 bluesunshot Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    That is an interesting new addition to Fleet.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Something to do...but looks too OLD...A new museum piece for the fleet tiger-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    hooray - had been hoping for this.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    Something to do...but looks too OLD...​​
    It's been missing for around 850 years - of course it's old!
    I just hope we can get 23c Boff Training Manuals from there.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    When is this estimated to go live?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    storules wrote: »
    Something to do...but looks too OLD...
    It's been missing for around 850 years - of course it's old!
    I just hope we can get 23c Boff Training Manuals from there.

well, that would explain why it looks so banged up​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Great, was hoping they'd have it back in some form to allow our 23c characters to get up to speed with faction gear etc (without resorting to upgrades and prayer :)).
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    well, that would explain why it looks so banged up​​

That, and the neural parasite invasion. :P
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    You sure about that?
    how-to-train-your-dragon-3-plot-cast-release-date.jpg
    Oh, wait. Never mind. That's the crazy face.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Hmm not bad cryptic , not bad at all :)
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Getting kinda resentful this cool TOS gear is trapped behind a fleet pay wall.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    O_o' pay wall? More like grind wall. Fleet holdings don't need anything you can't get by playing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    One thing that still gets me though is why it's called a K-type station, when it doesn't look like K-7, they should have used the station from Episode "Keep Your Enemies Closer", or better yet, made it past-Drozana shaped. Should have also called it S-31*, maybe.

*One Romulan ale for first one who gets the reference.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Hmmm. Fleet BOffs from the TOS Species?

Please, let this finally be a way to get Human / Andorian / Vulcan / Klingon BOffs with a decent space trait. I think a lot of people would pay for that... I know I would.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    One thing that still gets me though is why it's called a K-type station, when it doesn't look like K-7, they should have used the station from Episode "Keep Your Enemies Closer", or better yet, made it past-Drozana shaped. Should have also called it S-31*, maybe.

S-31 as in Section 31? Was that the reference you meant? Or "Keep Your Enemies Closer" from the KDF storyline?

Either way, thank you, I LOVE Romulan Ale! Jolan'tru!
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User

Nah they should have called it Babylon 4... and when I finally board the station I fully expect to be greeted by a rodent like humanoid clicking his tongue and beckoning me into a room where a man with a boney head, flanked by two glowing, floating energy cephalopods in humanoid disguise will greet me with the words
    "I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
    Actually, you don't get one Vorwoda, since a reference doesn't work that way, it has to, in this case, mean something from a different fictional universe.
  • talasivaritalasivari Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Yay - this is AWESOME. Thanks, Cryptic.
    Urtlolev of the Andorian Imperial Fleet
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    I admit I'd like for this to include being able to get 23c boffs. Maybe a few more than just the four playable species too.

23c Denobulans for example since humanity has been in contact with those since Archer's era. Maybe Caitians? Suliban? Anythign else mentioned in that era?

Unlikely I know. But there's no harm in asking, please.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User

Nah they should have called it Babylon 4... and when I finally board the station I fully expect to be greeted by a rodent like humanoid clicking his tongue and beckoning me into a room where a man with a boney head, flanked by two glowing, floating energy cephalopods in humanoid disguise will greet me with the words
    "I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."

Zathras approves.

(Which reminds me I forgot to outfit my Rezreth called "Zathras" that my tosling was about to use.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User

I don't think the prefixes of stations necessary denote the class. Deep Space 9 doesn't look anything like any other Deep Space station, for example.

• speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    wasn't K for the border they were on e.g. K for Klingon
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Flow by it this morning, looks really nice. Hope we get to do more then we got on the fleets mine 2nd floor.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif

I don't think the prefixes of stations necessary denote the class. Deep Space 9 doesn't look anything like any other Deep Space station, for example.

Sure, but no fed species built it, so DS9 likely doesn't count. Aside from how K-13 isn't shaped like K-7 or Drozana, i was thinking of S-31 as a reference to the base from 1982's The Thing.