Options

STO DIED ON PC

2»

Comments

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    novalous wrote: »
    Did everyone go to console or just quit completely?

What's a console?

You don't know about that? Man, that's shocking.

See, there are slots on your ship where you can put in only one type of item: Console. There are engineering, science, tactical and universal consoles. Engineering consoles are mostly about energy boosts, armor and turn rate, so the engineering console slots are often used for universal console these days since many ships don't need the rest. Though turn rate boosts are still quite popular.
    Tactical consoles boost your damage with weapons. They must match a weapon type (ideally energy type) that you're using.
    Science consoles boost science abilities. If you like to use a lot of science vessels, these are ultra-important. If you don't, these are also ultra-important, but instead of boosting science skills you want those special plasma exploder consoles you can get from the Fleet Embassy.

I hope that helps.

Wrong console definition buddy. I think the console definition you're looking for is Xbox 1, that is a console.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    As long as there is a PC community, we'll be good for a long time
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      talonxv wrote: »
      jaguarskx wrote: »

What's a console?

You don't know about that? Man, that's shocking.

See, there are slots on your ship where you can put in only one type of item: Console. There are engineering, science, tactical and universal consoles. Engineering consoles are mostly about energy boosts, armor and turn rate, so the engineering console slots are often used for universal console these days since many ships don't need the rest. Though turn rate boosts are still quite popular.
      Tactical consoles boost your damage with weapons. They must match a weapon type (ideally energy type) that you're using.
      Science consoles boost science abilities. If you like to use a lot of science vessels, these are ultra-important. If you don't, these are also ultra-important, but instead of boosting science skills you want those special plasma exploder consoles you can get from the Fleet Embassy.

I hope that helps.

Wrong console definition buddy. I think the console definition you're looking for is Xbox 1, that is a console.

Oh, I totally did not realize that.

Mustrum "Refuses to use Smileys when playing the straight man" Ridcully
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter

I can't speak for anyone else. For me STO has lost it's appeal. It's been a case of a death by a thousand cuts in my eyes. There have been changes that I personally didn't agree with and on occasion have voiced my opinions against such changes, others I may not have agreed with but I can understand why they were made. But as it stands now I completed the Temporal reputation on all my toons around a fortnight ago and since that time my ships have been dry docked and will remain in a moth balled state indefinitely.​​
      Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
      edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
      I like threads like this.
      They are stared very smartly by the OP and wind up discussing very important topics.
      They add to my overall enjoyment of the game on my MAC.
    • Options
      jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
      I need to see if I can get the aliengen to let me create Invader Zim. He can fly around in the USS DOOOOOOOOMM!!!, with his first officer GIR singing the Doom Song!​​
      Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    • Options
      wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
      Don't see too many people leaving PC for console. Try logging on during other times of the day/night. If you stop outside the Spacedock for instance, you might suffer lag due to the number of people online at highest usage hours.
    • Options
      What is a console? This is a console! :)

Atari-woody.jpg
    • Options
      And this is a computer... Hello, COMPUTER! ;)

24computer-history3.jpg
    • Options
      Yeah, my eyeball test confirmed awhile back that STO was dead. I had logged on right after the server came up. And noticed that ESD was a total ghost town. I promptly logged out and wrote the game off as dead, deader and deadest.

Ah, yes, the good ol' eyeball test. I've found it works best when I'm not rubbing dust out of my eyes. :smiley:
    • Options
      risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
      Most fleet alerts I've been in the last couple of days had a lot of lower level players in them. So people are still actively levelling new characters.

There may be less players in the game right now, it may not be the case but I'm pretty sure that even if there are less players, it has likely more to do with the fact that in many countries summer vacation is over and people have resumed work and school than with the death of STO.

I can't imagine that there would be many old PC players currently playing on consoles so I doubt that's the reason. Those who have been active for years on PC probably aren't going to entirely start over again so I very much doubt it will draw too many players away from PC.
    • Options
      phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
      I'm gonna go with "kids starting back to school" mixed with "everyone is doing the Mirror for the last time" and "a few folks are trying out the console thing, since it's the new hotness, but they'll be back because money" and also add in "everyone is a bit burnt out on all of the activity that has been going on over the last few months...AoY expansion, Summer event, 50th anniversary stuff...etc" that they're enjoying some reality before the next thing hits.

Relax, STO on PC is fine. We're all fine.
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      also, event participation tends to be highest int he first week of an event, then taper off as it gets towards the end.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      Typical Event Burn-out.
      Everyone shows up again about a week later -
      - and then complain about not finishing an event or getting a promo or the 'bugs'.
    • Options
      velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
      For me, I noticed that I am just burned out from Summer, AoY, and Mirror Invasion Events being held back to back. You can only grind STO for so long before it gets to you. At certain times of the day/night, I do see ESD chat super quiet, but then there are times that it is super busy. Beside the burn-outs, most young players have returned to school and are spending less time gaming and more time studying. I wouldn't doubt that the new players are just new retirees become familiar with STO and life after retirement. I think we will see STO slow down a bit until the Winter Event comes around.
      18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    • Options
      Probably. But a lot of the new faces are also new alts for a lot of the vets. Still, this past summer brought a lot of fresh faces for a while, like most events.
    • Options
      snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
      OP's right, yo. Even McCoy backs him up:

f6c.jpg
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
      "Who's Jim?"
    • Options
      marblesentinelmarblesentinel Member Posts: 21 Arc User
      edited September 2016
      To be honest I would have jumped ship to to PS4 if I could take my lifetime sub and it's Zen stipend with me. Since I can't I will stick around here. At least until I tire of Cryptic ignoring my pleas for better access to more 23C gear and BOffs. Then I'll just stay with SWTOR for good I guess.
    • Options
      where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      No more brand loyalty, I tell ya.
      "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    • Options
      jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
      edited September 2016
      Thinly veiled doom thread with some very friendly overtones. G'ood night, sweet prince.
      /Closed
      [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
      "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
      "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
      "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.