Options

Some news would be nice.

13»

Comments

• Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    "we got two t6 connies.. before the t6 Sovereign"

I don't see what's wrong with that.

We got the current Enterprise, then the one that started it all.

Now that we have the important ones, they can make all the extras.
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    People seem to think I'm asking for a huge massive thing. I'm not. I'm saying an in-game celebration set up by Cryptic last week would've been nice. An expansion that was released two months ago is not the same thing. Also, a couple of words on what's going in the near future would be great.

You... do realize that this is Cryptic we're talking about. Words that are going on about in the near future is tricky since the don't like to say much until they do know they have something nailed down. If they say "oh this is coming soon" then we ask for a release date. Kind of like the console version, people kept asking for a release date for months in other places.

This. Cryptic does this for reasons practical and historical (if slightly frustrating sometimes):

1. Cryptic historically got ripped every time they promised that we'd get -X- and they didn't deliver it exactly the way people assumed it would be or as soon as they wanted it. So they keep the reveals down to things that they have "nailed down" and generally close to the release date. That way any blowback will be compressed into a short window and they can put out fires when they have time to put out fires.

2. Cryptic lives and dies based on hype that sells their product. So even when they do have a good idea what's coming up next they will tease it before they actually reveal what it is. If they revealed things too far in advance, it would be harder to keep the anticipation building toward a strong finish.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    This is my everything's ok alarm. As long as this alarm is going off, we're working on things:

(Note: You may need to refresh the page periodically)

Let me get this straight:

As long as we keep refreshing the page, you keep working? Would you like us to stop at some point so you can sleep? Eat? At least go to the bathroom? Sorry, no showers.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock