test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is Denobulan still not an option for Federation playable race and bridge officers?

2»

Comments

• chachy#3427 chachy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    They will be the next LTS race...
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    i like Enterprise series, i think reason why.
    too many expectations of "first contacts" and it wasnt showing enough, the story arc was streamlined for 4 seasons.

first mistake with healing the kingon when they want to die as warrior. so the feud begins, and "Section 10" the xenophobia, Romulan messing with others by using Sulibans and Xindi, the founder of federation of planets to form, disrupted timelines, shadowy leader revealed.

now they (CBS) restarting ST series as ST: Discovery as part of newer "First Contacts" theme, it would mess up Enterprise serie. that ship look so wierd.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    They will be the next LTS race...

Aliens already have all the parts to Denobulan. It would be difficult to make that it a premium species option of any kind since the immediate laugh off remark is "why should I pay (directly in the C-store or as part of a Lifetime) to get what I already have (in a perfectly serviceable form)?" If they were added, Denobulan would probably have to be a freely added playable option (which I personally don't see as a terribly likely prospect at the moment).

And if anyone's about to suggest that Cryptic would lock off Denobulan parts from each faction's alien option simply to sell that same content with an official label (at the expense of alien customization options across three factions, which long-invested players may be using), I have this for you. :tongue:
    tin-foil-hat.jpg
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The fact that Pakled - a species that according to canon is not in the Federation, has never had a Starfleet member, and only appears in a single episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, in which they are the antagonists to the Starfleet crew (and appear in none of the other series apart from brief unnamed background characters with no lines on an alien station) - is a playable Federation race and available as bridge officers while Denobulan - a race that is a member of the Federation and which one of the main characters from Star Trek: Enterprise belongs to (appearing in 90 episodes) - is not an available option for Federation playable race and bridge officers is disgraceful.

P.S. it would also be nice to have Benzite bridge officers.

Probably because all the necessary parts to create a Denobulan are already available in aliengen
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Probably because all the necessary parts to create a Denobulan are already available in aliengen

All the parts to create practically every race that is a Federation playable/BOFF species is in the aliengen, so there is no excuse for Denobulan not to be a proper playable/BOFF option.
  • reyan01 wrote: »
    I could say more or less the same thing about the Ocampa. We have Talaxians; why not Ocampa?

Because they are not a Alpha/Beta quadrant race or members of the Federation.
  • reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I could say more or less the same thing about the Ocampa. We have Talaxians; why not Ocampa?

Because they are not a Alpha/Beta quadrant race or members of the Federation.

Neither are the Talaxians.

Well, I don't think Talaxian should be an option in the first place, but at least it is only a C-Store purchase and there are no BOFF's. You are right though, they should do the same with Ocampa really.
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    There's a lot more Enterprise content and references than you are claiming there is. Especially considering what little Enterprise show content we have to go on.

- An actual C-Store Enterprise pack which contains Enterprise Uniforms among other things
    - T'pol's outfit
    - Suliban Helix Mission
    - P'jem MIssion
    - Xindi ambassador in story missions
    - 2 Xindi Lockboxes with all the ship + weapons, outfits, and the Boff that come with them
    - 6 cross-faction story missions either with Daniels or Kal Dano
    - Playable Suliban Cell ship + Suliban doffs
    - Playable NX ship
    - Playable Andorian Ship from Enterprise
    - Playable Vulcan ship from Enterprise
    - Battle of Procyon 5 queue
    - Denobulans are playable as Aliengen
    - Suliban are playable as Aliengen though less convincing than the iron clad denobulan
    - Xindi-Primate are playable as Aliengen

On top of all this, who are you to say that this is all the Enterprise content that there will be. You speak as though they are done and will never revisit it.

Don't forget the Elachi. They appeared in a single episode of Enterprise and ended up being one of the primary antagonists of the entire Legacy of Romulus campaign.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

I'd say at the "edges" of what could/should go in, we will always have discussions going on which race/ship/topic/song should join a list and which shouldn't. So the Ocampa/Talaxian issue shouldn't be about "if A gets in, B should even more", because others would say the same just the other way round. (Some possible resons to prefer Talaxians: (a) Neelix was, annoying as he was written and kudos to Cryptic writers for toning that down, the more important character, (b) he is also more available for VO work than Kes is.)

So why not include all? (a) you need somewhat unique traits to make them worthwhile. (If they didn't I can already pre-write the complaint posts coming up after that), (b) it's still work with probably quite low returns on investment, (c) sooner or later, more options don't mean "better" but "more confusing" plus AP issues.

That being said, I would like Suliban-Roms and Benzite-boffs, too ;) (Not as interested in Denobulans, but wouldn't mind either)
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »

Huh?

So by that logic, did we only do Delta Rising so we could be done with all of Voyager "ASAP"?

Did we do Legacy of Romulus so we could be done with the Romulans "ASAP"?

Releasing a bunch of content that follows one theme, does not mean we have no interest in it. . . quite the opposite. Why would we have made all of that stuff (literally months of work) if we had no interest in it?

I'm pretty much with tacofangs on this especially since I am a fan of ENT. I don't understand all the ENT hate and never really will.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."