Install Arc
Options

~End of Summer Giveaway?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    You can turn that around. There are literally 100s of MMORPGs on the market. Why is Cryptic "entitled" to people playing (and paying money for) Star Trek Online?

Giveaways are one of the things that companies do to get people to play their games. If Cryptic doesn't want to anymore, then people will play other games.

Since you're apparently heading away to play some anime bikini armor game that gives away a new bikini every day....

can I haz ur stuffs?

WHA!? Where do I sign up? B)
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    End of Summer Giveaway? But the weather is just getting "summerly" here in Germany. Let's wait a bit longer before we end the summer.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I dont think they will have one this year... normally its end of August. It's Mid Sept now... we are in Fall. Nov? is when Q starts the Winter Fest I think. (It runs several months so I think it starts in late Nov and ends early Jan)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    The TOS bundle giveaway was just fine with me.

Also, IF any giveaways occur, give some stuff the Klingon and Romulan factions can enjoy. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I think people need to cash their reality checks and stop expecting/demanding free things

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

I cannot think of a game that is as generous as the STO crew, for give aways. Every time a post comes up, like this... I cannot help but to think of Pavlov's dog...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,115 Community Moderator
    Just because someone has something that may be given away doesn't mean everyone has it.
    I've still got huge gaps in my ship roster from the C-Store, especially KDF and Romulan side. Think I still have a gap in T3 and 4 Fed side. But then there's also the ever helpful bank/inventory slots, ship slots, BOff slots...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Dont bet the house on it. Those give aways were to increase "metrics" when the game was on "life support". Now with consoles added to STO highly doubt they would do over. Im sure they have opened up more of their pocketbook goals since they are steering peeps to consoles. There might be just one for consoles instead but still not sure will happen since it aint as bad as previous fall seasons were around.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Great idea for a summer 2016 give away, a box that when opened shows a massive middle finger emote on your screeen, followed by 'with love, from Cryptic'