test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what about rare and epic lock boxers.

So here's what I'm thinking. You go to a NPC or a new rep tab and trade ten normal lock boxers for a rare. (and some other stuff Dilithium and/or EC as such) witch gives you a minimum amount of rewards. not 10 times what you would have got. but you only need one key to open it hence the other payments. You can then also trade 10 rare for one epic lock box. so 100 normal plus other forms of payment for 1 epic. you will be guaranteed a rare ship of that lock box type. plus other rewards. but again only one key is needed to open it. you wouldn't be able to mix lock box types. and if you were you would get a drop down tab and be able to choose witch ship you wanted to finish you collection. I'm sure they would be a way of doing something like this. even getting something similar to a Lobi crystal. that once you hand enough you could trade them in for I rare lock box ship.
I cant brain I have the dumb

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Why should Cryptic sell a ship for $1 and 100 x 20-credit lock boxes?

Unless the voltron step cost you 50,000,000 dil of course.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Back when the first lockbox came out they had 2 varieties of them, they dumped that concept by the second or third box so I rather doubt they would bring it back now.

Ah the GOLD lockbox.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Or sell the rare through epic quality lock boxes directly for cash. Just like how the AoY ship pack was originally sold.

>:)>:)>:)

On top of that you would also need to purchase correct rarity Master Key to open the above mentioned lock box. They would also be sold for cash only.

>:)>:)>:)

Or... just stick with the current lock box system.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    Sounds... awfully complicated.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Lock boxers are the male equivalent to the chastity belt, for those propper men that prefer to be married before they first intimate encounter.

:wink:
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Lol yeah gold lock boxes. Only cardie and ferengi had em. They dumped the concept with tholian i think it was
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Lock Boxer is my new favorite term for these gamblers.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    084.png
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Lock Boxers? Underwear with a built-in chastity device?

Oh! Lock Boxes...

In any case, you can be sure that if there were Lock Boxers, Cryptic would try to make money selling keys for them
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Gold Lockboxes are the Executive VIP version coated in Gold-plated Latium. A Cryptic employee comes to your home, opens the Box with Executive Keys and safely stores your prize winnings for you or places it on the Exchange for you at Executive Pricing. They will then clean up the mess left behind of all the stuff that popped out of the Box that you don't really want before they leave.

True Customer Service. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    no I'm not talking about the original Ferengi lock box set up. I'm thinking that the rare lock box would give you guaranteed higher level items. and that the epics. would give you guaranteed highest level items of witch set/mixed set you choose. plus you would get the pries ship. saying on the ferengi lock box it would be like below

so with normal box you would get a 4-10 lobi.
    doffs common up, and others random items common up.
    ie-2,000 CXP Bonus Pool up, 1,000 Skill Bonus Pool up,

but with rare (10 boxers) you would be guaranteed to at least get 50-100 lobi,
    doffs rare up, and other items rare up.
    ie- 10,000 CXP Bonus Pool up, 1,000 Skill Bonus Pool up,

with epic you would be guaranteed to get 600-1000 lobi.
    doffs ultra rare up.(if epics become common) and other items ultra rare.
    ie-20,000 CXP Bonus Pool, 6,000 Skill Bonus Pool, a guaranteed Special Requisition Pack - Ferengi D'Kora Ship and so on.

may be it could be a new temporal research tab option. where you dump a few lock boxers into a temporal probability chamber. with dilithium and EC, and other research items to "change the out come in your favour as such.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    "what about rare and epic lock boxers."

Though girls may prefer epic lock boxers, I'm still rather fond of my epic lock briefers.

Wait... Weren't the ferengi lockboxes white (common) and green (uncommon) ??
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User

Though girls may prefer epic lock boxers, I'm still rather fond of my epic lock briefers.

wot ? LOL

I was just thinking it might work the other way. in that you could combine the keys. so that (10 keys = 1 rare) and 10 rare keys = 1 epic) or what ever you want to label them. so you could get 1 epic key to unlock one normal lock box. and get the major rewards from it. this way cryptic or whoever can still make the money on the key zen sales. it just helps over all with getting that one ship you want. I have won the ship within the first 10 boxers of one type but then opened well over 200 of another type before getting the main ship reward. if the only way for it to work is like the way the R&D boxers work. where you open one to get four.

then you open 1 epic lock box/key, you get a ship guaranteed plus 10 rare lock boxers. (maybe some random number of Lobi)

then you open each rare lock box to get 10 normal level lock boxers, with some other type of reward. (maybe some Lobi or it could still be in each lower level lock box as normal.)

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    But the cost in resources or keys etc to get an epic key would need to match the value of the grand prize ship, or they lose money and be giving them away.
    The thing that makes lockbox ships so valuable is that they are rare and hard to acquire, the way you're describing would be a way to avoid the randomness and have a guaranteed win, effectively destroying the market for the ships as there's no longer any risk involved.
    If the cost matches the ship cost then youve not really changed anything either.

The current system works fine, messing with it could really knacker up the whole game economy and cryptic' s income as well.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

We're on the cusp of a new era: Epic Lox Thongers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

The current system works fine, messing with it could really knacker up the whole game economy and cryptic' s income as well.

So you're saying epic lock boxers could really knicker up the economy?​​

It's a delicate subject. And to be brief, I'd go so far as to say it's unmentionable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Lock boxers are the male equivalent to the chastity belt, for those propper men that prefer to be married before they first intimate encounter.

:wink:

ROFL ok thanks for painting a very disturbing picture :D