test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so i should be able to get the ships for around $150?

i'm guessing these ships are going to be going for the max price on the exchange, which is 750mil. and if i want to get 750 mil really quick, i would just buy master keys and sell them for 5.5 mil each.

so 750/5.5 = 136. so i should be able to get enough EC to buy them off the exchange for $136, or maybe a little more depending on chat auction prices if they arent on the exchange. so $150 should allow anyone to get these ships?

Comments

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    If enough people want to do this to get virtual ship the market will get flooded and crash, meaning you will need a lot more keys. I would not count on that 5.5 million figure staying put.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Do realize that if everybody is going to sell keys, the price will drop.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Why would you need keys if this is an R&D box? keys dont work with it. Keys market wont be affected by it till the next lock box ship comes around.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Difficult to say...

It is a highly desirable ship that some people may value it above 750m EC. That would mean to have to initiate one on one negotiations in the trading channels with someone. Of course it is possible to are some people who has won, but rather just list it on the Exchange simply to get it over and done with.

I would check the price of the R&D pack on the Exchange that rewards the TOS Connie and from there decide whether you should buy keys or the R&D packs.

For example, at 5.5m per key you need to need 136.4 keys to get 750m. But let's just round that up to 140 key since you are likely to simply buy the multiple 10 pack keys. At 1125 Zen per 10 pack you need to purchase 14 of those packs which equals 15,750 Zen or $157.50.

On the other hand, R&D packs sell for a higher price than key, but they also cost more as well. Depending on the promo ship and when I have sold promo R&D packs in the past, the price range based on my experience has been 16m EC to 25m EC per R&D pack. Let's work with the low end of that range...

At 16m per R&D pack you need to have 46.875 R&D packs to get 750m. Lets round that up to 48 R&D packs because typically you get the best bang for the buck when purchasing them in 4-pack for 1000 Zen. That means you need to purchase 12 4-packs for 12,000 Zen or $120. That's a saving of $37.50.

Based on the above it is less expensive to get 750m EC selling the R&D packs compared to selling keys. And remember, that is on the low end of the sale value per pack based on my experience. Since the TOS Constitution is a highly prized ship, the promo R&D packs specifically for this ship would likely sell for over 16m EC each. The higher the promo R&D packs sell for, the less you will need to hit your target.

If each sold for 25m (possible, but it might take time to sell at that price), then you are looking at 30 promo R&D packs, but round that up to 32 promo R&D packs 'cuz buying the 4-pack gives you the best bang for your buck. That means you would only need to purchase 8 4-packs for a total cost of $80. That's a savings of $77.50 compared to buying keys.

Again, check the price of the promo R&D packs on the Exchange before you decide which route to take... assuming someone will be selling the TOS Connie on the Exchange for 750m EC. And keep in mind the average selling on the Exhcange price can fluctuate from day to day.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Gold websites will sell them for much cheaper. Just wait until you get the email in game.

hehehe
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    cidjack wrote: »
    Gold websites will sell them for much cheaper. Just wait until you get the email in game.

hehehe

^ BAD advice right here.
    Why would you need keys if this is an R&D box? keys dont work with it. Keys market wont be affected by it till the next lock box ship comes around.​​

They're not interested in the keys. Its the ECs to get a ship without taking a chance on rolling the R&D Dice. There are always people who post the ships on the Exchange, usually for about 700 mil or so.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Why in the world would you WANT to pay $150 for a ship?
    Do yo think this is a right action or silly?
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User

It's to have enough EC to buy one off the exchange in theory anyway. Sure there are going to be some on the exchange but the odds are they will be snapped up as fast as they post.
  • Options

I would glaldy pay that for the three ship set off the C-store. I sure there are many others who would as well instead of the tired old hidden behind a paywall deal which is exactly what these packs are just like lockboxes.
  • Options

hehehe
    Whats disgusting about that is Cryptic is doing nothing to shut them down. These gold websites are actually taking money away from Cryptic if you think about it.
  • Options
    ssbn655 wrote: »

hehehe
    Whats disgusting about that is Cryptic is doing nothing to shut them down. These gold websites are actually taking money away from Cryptic if you think about it.

If you think about it... there really isn't anything they can do to shut them down. As a F2P game it is easy to just make throwaway accounts so that you can send in bots to entice people to your illicit sites, which in turn makes legit player accounts vulnerable to being TRIBBLE. Hell... even P2P games like WoW still have a goldseller problem! While not as rampant, it still exists. The only way we can fight it is to report every instance of a bot soliciting these sites so that not only are they put on ignore, they are eventually booted.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    theussvoyagertheussvoyager Member Posts: 87 Arc User

hehehe

That's how you get banned
    ssbn655 wrote: »

hehehe

There really isn't much that PWE can do (Cryptic is the Developer and PWE is the Publisher). They could go and shut them all down tomorrow and the next day they'll come back. Cut one head off of the hydra to will come back. And generally the people buying from these outside sources have to face consequences of their credit information being stolen or the possibility of being banned
    JJ Connie > TOS Connie
    Lag denied your Heal
    What happened to my Halon consoles
    Poni?
  • Options
    "ssbn655 wrote: »

They can't really do anything about the gold sellers. Perhaps they can get their legal department after them, but that is extremely expensive and time consuming and it must be brought to trial which can take years assuming the legal department can gather enough evidence and legal precedence to attempt to shut them down. And they must go after them one at a time. The expenses involved will far exceed revenue generated by STO. That does not take into account that many of these gold sellers exists outside of the US so now you have to deal with international law because "gold selling" is not a crime that warrants a foreign government to extradite these "criminals" to the US to face charges. I am pretty sure the US government (people's tax dollars) will be not hold these people in internment housing within the US as they wait for the trial date which could be years away.

The only thing Cryptic can do is to discourage players from buying stuff from gold sellers. And by "discourage" I mean permanently disable and delete the account for violating the Terms of Service if they discover EC and stuff were purchased from a gold seller.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Crpytic keeps shoving high demand vessels into gambler boxes/promotions and these sites will make even more money
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Do the R&D packs state which promotion they are for in their description on the Exchange?
  • Options
    Do the R&D packs state which promotion they are for in their description on the Exchange?

No. but I believe they usually have some kind of marker on the icon to indicate they are part of the Promo. I think the last one had a mini Annorax on it.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    *iz hypnotized by adorable hypnodragon but no haz $150*
  • Options

Yes. Do a search for "Promotion! - Re" that should being up all the promotional R&D packs on the Exchange. You can do it in the All tab, but I prefer to search in the Reward Packs tab. You need to right click on the pack to determine what the prize is. There is also a little "ship" icon in the top left corner of the pack which can help you identify the pack once you know the icon related to the prize ship that you want.

The least expensive promo R&D pack is selling for 21.1m EC, but the TOS Connie will likely fetch a higher price than that once the promo starts on the 25th.
  • Options
    I meant to say individual packs.

I think there are groups of 5 selling for something like 17m EC per pack, but you need to multiply that by 5. Basically it boils down to what a person can afford. If you can afford to buy multiple packs at a time then sort by lowest price per item. If you don't enough EC to purchase multiple ones at a time then...
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User

Because they have more money than sense, maybe?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    I like how you think having disposable income some how means you have no sense.

You could make a truly nasty wine out of those sour grapes.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Whale alert.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Bah. I've dropped maybe $800 in the last year. That barely qualifies as a midsized carp.

Given that every single Vengeance you see in the game is $180 worth of lobi, I'd say there are PLENTY of players able to drop $150 or more on the ship they want to fly around in.