test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Agent Rewards: T5 Doff > Temporal Agent Barrett XP bonus stacking

I just got this amazing Doff upon reaching T5 in the duty officer commendation for my AoY toon. The description says he gives 5% bonus to XP and Specialization XP. It then says he does NOT count towards the limit for number of Consultants on Active Duty. Does that mean it STACKS with other like consultants or it can be used in conjunction with other consultants that give a different XP bonus? Is there any way to tell for sure other than just killing something and doing xp math?

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Wait for someone else to do the math?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    I just got this amazing Doff upon reaching T5 in the duty officer commendation for my AoY toon. The description says he gives 5% bonus to XP and Specialization XP. It then says he does NOT count towards the limit for number of Consultants on Active Duty. Does that mean it STACKS with other like consultants or it can be used in conjunction with other consultants that give a different XP bonus? Is there any way to tell for sure other than just killing something and doing xp math?

Under normal circumstances, you can only have one Consultant active. This Duty Officer can be put on Active Ground duty alongside one other Consultant. If both are for bonus Experience, both bonuses will be applied to your Experience gain.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    That... is cool.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

Under normal circumstances, you can only have one Consultant active. This Duty Officer can be put on Active Ground duty alongside one other Consultant. If both are for bonus Experience, both bonuses will be applied to your Experience gain.

I seriously LOVE this game. This is so cool. I love the new AoY rewards and I keep working on getting my friends to spin this game up.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

I seriously LOVE this game. This is so cool. I love the new AoY rewards and I keep working on getting my friends to spin this game up.

Make sure you tell them to hurry if they want the rewards as the ability to make a recruit for the rewards is ending in less than a week.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

Make sure you tell them to hurry if they want the rewards as the ability to make a recruit for the rewards is ending in less than a week.

haha...funny u mention that. I had this conversation with a friend of mine last night that has been dragging his feet. I told him, just create the character so you can at least get the rewards in the future if you decide to play. I walked him through the entire game via screen sharing last night :)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    They need to do the first 6 episodes and reach the 25th century to be temporal recruits. Creating the character alone is not enough.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    What's a consultant?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Engineering Doffs that when assigned to Space Doff positions provide bonuses in areas such as XP, CXP, etc. Usually you can only have one assigned regardless of Bonus type. This one can be assigned in addition and above that limit.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User

@crypticspartan is there room in the ability description to add "this bonus is cumulative with other Consultant XP bonuses" so that long after this thread sinks into the mists of legend players will never ask this question again?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »

@crypticspartan is there room in the ability description to add "this bonus is cumulative with other Consultant XP bonuses" so that long after this thread sinks into the mists of legend players will never ask this question again?

Ha! People would still ask. Because they didn't read it or because they wanted to "confirm" if it's true or because they didn't "feel like" it was working.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you can assign them, they will come (Bonuses) ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns