test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

C-store ship sale feedback

Now don't get me wrong, a 20% sale on top tier ships is great, but...
only getting 20% off of lower tier ships for what basically amounts to buying an Admiralty Card isn't great. Now since T5 gets 1 free Upgrade token, make them 25% off, but honestly everything else really needs to be 40-50% off.

Either that, or sell the Admiralty cards on the C-store separately.

Comments

• Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I was looking through the low level stores as well and couldn't help but think it's about time for that huge dil ship sale we had with delta recruits. Make it so!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Plasmonic leech for Klingons (cream of the crop) and the useful-to-me M6 computer are both consoles from non-end game ships, so "Admiralty only" isn't completely true. Plus, it's 20% off of the lower price items.

If the sale isn't big enough for you, feel good knowing you saved 100% by buying nothing.

After 3100+ posts...haven't you been around long enough to own most of the ships by now anyway? I seem to have logged far less time than you, and I have all but 3 or 4 of the Fed C store ships.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    I'd like to see a price drop on T5 since even with 1 free T5-U token (only 1, not 1 for each character) they are too expensive for me to buy. So I vote with my wallet and don't buy them.

But Cryptic has crunched the numbers, and apparently they think they will make more money from other people paying current prices than they will adding my 1 purchase. It's their store, so their prices.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    20% off is less impressive on the lower end ships because its 20% off that price. So 20% off a T1 is not as noticable as 20% off a T6.
    My only gripe with the sale was the timing. We're still trying to recover from the massive spike in the DL Exchange, it was finally starting to come down... then BOOM! Zen demand spiked because of a sale. All that progress... gone. Jumped from the 380s up to 420 in less than a day on day 1.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    nccmark wrote: »
    After 3100+ posts...haven't you been around long enough to own most of the ships by now anyway? I seem to have logged far less time than you, and I have all but 3 or 4 of the Fed C store ships.

You cannot use the number of posts to determine how long a person has been playing STO for. There are people in this forum that have less than 500 posts who have been forum members since 2012.

While dracounguis may have over 3100+ posts, his profile says he joined back in June 2015.
  • Options
    kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Lower Tier ships are for the modules or gear they have on them, generally. Stuff that can be used at higher levels as it's often times universal consoles. It does make for an expensive module, but you do get the admiralty card to go with it so it's not as bad as it looks. The sweet spot is typically T4. Where players tend to find themselves the longest before hitting the bottom of the T5/T6 range that they likely bought on other captains.

Besides, 20% or 50% on a T3 isn't much of a difference...couple bucks maybe?
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    My only gripe with the sale was the timing. We're still trying to recover from the massive spike in the DL Exchange, it was finally starting to come down... then BOOM! Zen demand spiked because of a sale. All that progress... gone. Jumped from the 380s up to 420 in less than a day on day 1.

The exchange rate actually started to recover over the weekend since it has decreased below the 420. Yesterday afternoon and at night the exchange rate was fairly stable at 400. On top of that there is currently a Dil bonus event going on until the Aug 17th so it is not really that bad. Since the ship sale ended this morning I expect the exchange rate to drop below 400 as we progress though this week.

The good news is that we came off of a Services Sale not long ago and the Ship Sale today. Therefore, it should be sometime before there is another sale that will cause the exchange rate to dramatically increase again. Perhaps there will be a costume sale in a month or so, but I do not expect that to have a significant affect on the exchange rate.

I would say that between now and mid October there will not be any significant C-Store sale taking place. However, who knows if anything significant will happen on Sept 8th that would drive up the exchange rate. As I mentioned in a previous thread, you should definitely start to exchange your Dil for Zen about 2 weeks before Black Friday when Cryptic will have another one day 20% off sale.
  • Options
    Hope you're right man... I'm doing the crazy again. Grinding out a Temporal Pack. Got a good head start and even at 400/1 I can double what I have, which is currently enough for a brand new T6 that's on discount.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I grabbed the 31c temporal ship and the T6 Battlecruiser bundles that I'd been eyeing for a while. I burned a lot of dil that I wasn't doing anything with and got a batch of ships that'll help toons in every faction. The temporal dread and science vessel traits look a bit specialized, but the other two can be good for everyone. Now to wait on a sale on ship slots.
  • Options
    Hope you're right man... I'm doing the crazy again. Grinding out a Temporal Pack. Got a good head start and even at 400/1 I can double what I have, which is currently enough for a brand new T6 that's on discount.

The key is to convert Dil to Zen over time when you feel the exchange rate is low enough for you to justify doing so. This will help you build up your Zen account a little bit at a time.

That is what I did. Every time I think the exchange rate is decent I put up some Dil for Zen. That along with purchasing Zen with real money allows me to eventually be able to afford purchasing ships over time. This year I purchased 3 ship packs 1) KDF T6 Flagship Bundle. 2) Cross-Faction T6 Battlecrusier Bundle and 3) 31st Century Cross-Faction ship Bundle which I just purchased over the weekend.

So far this year I have only purchased $50 worth of Zen during a 15% Bonus Zen event which I believe works out to 6050 Zen (the 15% bonus and 6% usual bonus for $50). The ships I purchased are valued at 14400 Zen (sale price). When I buy ships I usually shoot for a 60% cash / 40% Zen from grind ratio. Since I was patient and exchanged Dil for Zen over several months I got to the point where my actual purchase worked out to be 42% cash / 58% Zen from grind.

I got one more potential ship pack purchase this year; Fed T6 Flagship Bundle. But to be honest, due to all the ships I purchased this year with the 2 event ships thus far in combination with my 10 captains, that is way too many ships for my captains to master and also craft gear for.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Yet another begging thread.
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »

The key is to convert Dil to Zen over time when you feel the exchange rate is low enough for you to justify doing so. This will help you build up your Zen account a little bit at a time.

That is what I did. Every time I think the exchange rate is decent I put up some Dil for Zen. That along with purchasing Zen with real money allows me to eventually be able to afford purchasing ships over time. This year I purchased 3 ship packs 1) KDF T6 Flagship Bundle. 2) Cross-Faction T6 Battlecrusier Bundle and 3) 31st Century Cross-Faction ship Bundle which I just purchased over the weekend.

So far this year I have only purchased $50 worth of Zen during a 15% Bonus Zen event which I believe works out to 6050 Zen (the 15% bonus and 6% usual bonus for $50). The ships I purchased are valued at 14400 Zen (sale price). When I buy ships I usually shoot for a 60% cash / 40% Zen from grind ratio. Since I was patient and exchanged Dil for Zen over several months I got to the point where my actual purchase worked out to be 42% cash / 58% Zen from grind.

I got one more potential ship pack purchase this year; Fed T6 Flagship Bundle. But to be honest, due to all the ships I purchased this year with the 2 event ships thus far in combination with my 10 captains, that is way too many ships for my captains to master and also craft gear for.

Oh trust me. I know. The last time I gound out something BIG was the Delta pack. Every once in a while I'll get a ship or something else. Kinda running out of C-Store uniforms though. I'm hoping for at least 300/1 or so before I start trading again. I'll settle for 350 if necessary, but I don't think I can wait too long as the price of the Temporal Pack may jump up after a while, just like the Delta. And technically I'm about halfway to the current price now if I also consider the DL and not just Zen.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @jaguarskx

Forum join dates haven't been accurate in years so that isn't a good way to tell either.

I arrived in season 5,I can vouch that dracouguis has been around a long time.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Got myself the engineering tier 6 scimi as the boff seating appeals a bit more to me than on the tac one I previously flew. Sadly I was stupid enough not to buy the entire pack upon release back at the time. Oh well, ship sale will have to correct a bit of my carelessness. Perhaps the sci variant is for next sale then...
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @jaguarskx

Forum join dates haven't been accurate in years so that isn't a good way to tell either.

Ahh... so another thing regarding STO seems to be broken. Kinda reminds me of my profile in another forum where after an update my profile indicated I joined the forum on 1/1/1900.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    While dracounguis may have over 3100+ posts, his profile says he joined back in June 2015.

(holy TRIBBLE, I have over 3100 posts? I sure complain alot!)
    ;)
    Yeah, forums have rebooted a few times since launch, so few have a true join date. I started playing 2 days after launch.
    I do have most ships, but after all my fancy top tier (T5+) ships got nerfed to 2nd tier status, I've become more selective w/ my purchases now that I know that 'top tier' is a temporary condition. And T6 probably won't be top tier for as long as T5 was; I'm going to assume that things will accelerate like they always do.

Used to be, you'd buy a 'top tier' ship for $25 now it's $30. When T7 comes and PWE wants $35 for a ship, I'm sure my buying will decrease then too.