test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Normal Pips for Terran Uniforms?

alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
I love the Mirror Universe uniforms from the Lobi store, but I'm not such a huge fan of the Terran Rank insignias.
Could the option to use regular Starfleet rank pips be added to them as well? At least for the Jupiter, Antares and Sierra uniform variants, since the rank pips easily fit on the chest like they do on the normal variants.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q

Comments

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'd just be happy for bugs in the uniforms to be resolved (missing colour palette slots on the Jupitar tops). But it would be nice to have medals and insignia's on the front.

uniforms-mirror1.jpg
    rear_admiral_commission_by_stourangeau-d3hnqlq.jpg

Oh and I like TMP mirror uniform in Shattered Universe. I don't own the prime uniform so maybe it's possible to replicate it by changing the colours. The badge is something I'd like to see though.

hqdefault.jpg

That or ISS Prefix.
    latest?cb=20070514073631​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    I can't think of any uniform in STO that allows two different styles of rank, can you? Because I fully support this idea, they just might be up against a limitation here.

I'd personally love to be able to use the Terran ranks on the standard uniforms. It would allow some nice variety.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    I can't think of any uniform in STO that allows two different styles of rank, can you? Because I fully support this idea, they just might be up against a limitation here.

I'd personally love to be able to use the Terran ranks on the standard uniforms. It would allow some nice variety.

Extremely unlikely, it's just a graphic and on the KDF side there are multiple sashes that get unlocked per rank.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I just went standard Odyssey on the uniform for the whole crew, changed the department colours to darker versions and changed the shoulders to black instead of the federation grey.

Finished off the costume with the TOS Terran badge, ENT era mirror belt and Odyssey rank pips
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
      edited August 2016

Technically the Cadet uniform has 2 sets, the class bar pips and TNG style pips.

@terranempire#7881

Mirror%20Uniforms.png
      While I didn't use the TOS mirror badge, I made quite a few mockups. I kinda liked using the Enterprise Terran sholder patch since it wasn't mirrored like the TOS one is on anyting other than the Mirror TOS top. Please note that this was BEFORE we got the revamped Terran NPCs and their uniforms.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
      rattler2 wrote: »

Technically the Cadet uniform has 2 sets, the class bar pips and TNG style pips.

@terranempire#7881

Mirror%20Uniforms.png
      While I didn't use the TOS mirror badge, I made quite a few mockups. I kinda liked using the Enterprise Terran sholder patch since it wasn't mirrored like the TOS one is on anyting other than the Mirror TOS top. Please note that this was BEFORE we got the revamped Terran NPCs and their uniforms.

Nice, work. I think my favourite is that 29th style. Was thinking about buying the Khan uniform. Is there anyway to turn one side of it black?

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
      "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
      "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
      #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      Nice, work. I think my favourite is that 29th style. Was thinking about buying the Khan uniform. Is there anyway to turn one side of it black?

hqdefault.jpg

No. The two colour options are for the tunic in its entirety and for the turtleneck.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!