test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The dreaded 'clipping' bug

cavaleriuscavalerius Member Posts: 126 Arc User
On the mission Takedown when you're fighting the vaadwaur, involves several waves of enemy ships that you fight with allies etc, in the last wave, a Vaadwaur heavy artillery ship speeds into and gets stuck in one of those orbital stations. While part of the ship can be seen clipping outside of the station & is visible, the important part of the ship the game considers "the target" is clipping inside the station & thus cant be shot, mainly cause the game considers it obscured.
Now this is after a good 40 minute battle, my ship doesn't do dps high, and because the artillery ship is stuck and is part of a battlegroup you need to destroy for the mission, I can't destroy it even after 10 minutes of trying to target it & thus can't continue with the mission. So I think, ok, I'll reset. I'll abandon & warp out, and when I resume, I'll be back at that final wave, albiet with all the enemy ships reincarnated and their positions reset. Nope, back right at the start with all that cannon fodder Vaadwaur to kill. So much for that 50 odd minutes lost.

Cryptic, seriously, I'm rightly annoyed but trying to remain civil. Please fix your bugs. PLEASE. This isn't an isolated issue, the times where a ship, either allied or enemy gets stuck in an asteroid or other object is rare, but it happens & forces you to work around or reset, an incredibly harrowing experience that breaks immersion. Gorn Minefield is memorable, Vessels will memorably get stuck in the asteroids, but you can work around it... My situation I couldn't which resulted in almost an hour lost, not including the time I have to redo the majority of the mission.

Speaking of being stuck inside objects, every now and then after completing a mission and returning to sector space, I'll appear inside a star. Apparently only the surface of stars are considered solid, so I can't get out unless there's another instance of the map available, or I'm forced to transwarp outta there. Again, I implore you to fix the bugs so the game stops trolling players.
Beta Antares Shipyards advanced Starship development project.
CLASSIFIED
[SIGPIC]the_forseeable_future_by_jetfreak_7-d3dvsud.png
[/SIGPIC]
SUPPORT LOGICAL FEDERATION STARSHIP DESIGNS!